but wouldn't you say that being the second all time blocked shot leader in NBA history is a big impact?

Yeah, you're right. I guess I was speaking in terms of his days with the Rockets since he didn't play big minutes.

BIG, Big, big win last night! Now we just need 1 of the next 3. It'd be great to close it out early and get some rest.

Artest scares me

BIG, Big, big win last night! Now we just need 1 of the next 3. It'd be great to close it out early and get some rest.

The only things that is bad about ending early is ending too early, some teams really dont do well the first game back after an excess time for rest. and from what i tend to remember form a few instances in the season, the rockets were really sloppy the first game back.

if the rockets do come out and win this series, they cant afford to play bad the first game verses the lakers. im hoping this series goes in 6 games. but i wouldnt be upset if it went in 5, a win is a win. just have to see how they come out in game 1 vs lakers in LA

Edited by fatesdisastr

Yeah, you're right. I guess I was speaking in terms of his days with the Rockets since he didn't play big minutes.

Artest scares me

well then i completely agree with you, he was more of a cheerleader, inspiration and spirit of the rockets.

and yes artest is scary, when he dribble smore than 8 seconds off the clock i hold my breath and close my eyes prayin he pulls somethin out

If we face the Lakers do yall think we match up well with them. After Deke went out we are kinda small if Yao is not in the paint. GREAT GAME LAST NIGHT!

i love the rockets with all my heart but we cannot match up with the lakers.

besides yao our next tallest player is scole, landry and cook at 6-9. and cook doesnt even play unless its a blow out.

the lakers have 4 players at 7-0 and two of them are great players in bynum and gasol and lamar odem at 6'10. the lakers are giants, in othe sense.

to beat the lakers the rockets have to be firing on all cyclinders, swinging the ball, knockin down open jump shots and pushing the ball with our shorter stature and speed. i think its goin to be a difficult series on yao.we can win the series, its just goin to take a lot prayin blood sweat tears

What do y'all think...they gonna wrap it up tonight?

I'm gonna say.....yes!

Not sure if I'm gonna stay up or not...probably will

edit: just noticed i used elipses three times...oops; make that a fourth time haha

Edited by lockmat

wow what a big big Game 1 win in LA for our Houston Rockets!!!!

we played pretty well but frankly, LA lost that game, they did not seem like the Lakers ive seen so much of this season.

a win is a win and ill take it anyway we can get it =]

wow what a big big Game 1 win in LA for our Houston Rockets!!!!

we played pretty well but frankly, LA lost that game, they did not seem like the Lakers ive seen so much of this season.

a win is a win and ill take it anyway we can get it =]

It's because of the Rockets team defense. Thats five straight games holding thier opponents under 92 points. So yes LA lost the game because the rockets stopped them and scored more than them.

That was stinkin awesome defense. There is so much good to say about last nights win and we still have areas to improve in.

And I agree with a sports radio caller I heard yesterday. Was Kobe really sick? It seems these athletes are always getting sick in the playoffs. Really, in May??? Maybe it's cuz these guys don't go to sleep until 2am every night.

That was stinkin awesome defense. There is so much good to say about last nights win and we still have areas to improve in.

And I agree with a sports radio caller I heard yesterday. Was Kobe really sick? It seems these athletes are always getting sick in the playoffs. Really, in May??? Maybe it's cuz these guys don't go to sleep until 2am every night.

Swine flu!!

Brooks was clutch. Great team effort though, I just wish the game wasn't on so late. This morning was rough.

Kobe.gif

LULz

no kidding...I thought since we were playing the Lakers we'd be on during prime time. They weren't on this late for the Utah series, were they?

I think the key is to take naps before the game

ok this has to be said:

1. Derek Fisher better get a game suspension for that intentional Flagrant 2 foul verse Scola

2. If anything Kobe should have gotten a foul on that Artest shot to the throat. therefore

i think the league needs to look into having a ref watching replay at the scorers table for things like that. kobe shouldnt be allowed to play dirty, especially an elbow to a players throat.

and last off....lol...I LOVE RON ARTEST! :D

he is the soul of the Rockets.

as he realized the refs wouldnt talk to kobe about the elbow ron runs over to kobe and repeatedly says "HIT ME IN THE THROAT AGAIN! HIT ME IN MY F*CKIN THROAT AGIAN!"

Ron is a guy the rockets need, the passion, the intensity, and sticks up for teammates

dont mess with Ron kobe, lets not forget he is the same Ron who jumped into the crowd in indy and punched people repeatedly in the face after being taunted all game.

Fisher's elbow was as blatant, premeditated, and focused as cheapshots get.

Artest should have been held back by teammates after Kobe's elbow (to avoid ejection).

Yao went WNBA/Von Wafer has the title of 'Dumbest Rocket' locked up.

Everyone else played tough.

Game 3 will be WILD!

Meanwhile, Rafer Alston continued his poor decision making....for the Orlando Magic. Good trade.

Fisher's elbow was blatant and should get him suspended or at least fined, but I doubt Kobe knew he was going to hit Artest in the throat. He was faced the other way. It seemed to me like he was just trying to free up his own arm to catch the rebound. Definitely an unintentional foul, but not on the same level with what Fisher did.

The Fisher hit, in case anyone didn't see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CENZNnn0G1A

And the Kobe throat shot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irtnkEmubqY

dont mess with Ron kobe, lets not forget he is the same Ron who jumped into the crowd in indy and punched people repeatedly in the face after being taunted all game.

Actually, he's not.

You could tell there was no rage in him when he confronted Kobe. Live, I thought he was about to go and deck him. I was thinking, "Oh no, the is this the old Ron coming back out?" But after seeing replays and upclose shots, you could tell he was cool. After the ref came to break it up he willing stepped back and never went after him again. He continued expressing his displeasure that Kobe hit him in the throat, but that's it.

Plus, Ron had a wonderful explanation as to what he did after the game. Search for it on youtube or some place. He said he was not "retaliating" but simply telling him he needs to stop elbowing him; he just did it in his face. He said the old Ron would have "retaliated" but he's not like that anymore.

___

And yes, that was very dirty what D Fisher did. There's no doubt he should be gone for one game, if not two. The worst was that it was pre-meditated. It was not just some reaction.

Yao went WNBA

What do you mean?

Everyone knew Joey Crawford was going to put Yao in foul trouble as soon as it was announced he would be reffing the game. I do think however that Yao needed to be more aggressive. It's good that he draws a double team and kicks it out for threes, but he needs to learn to force the issue sometimes even when the double team is there or coming and/or take the shot before the double team gets there.

Also, yall should read the daily dime report on ESPN. JA Adande explains that Kobe's elbow by league rules could actually get him suspended (as it got Dwight Howard suspended, too)

Joey Crawfod needs to be put to pasture.

I would like to see statistics on how often he blows his whistle compared to other referees. Up until last night, I was pretty content with the calling for the playoffs. And Joey was blowing the whistle way too many times even before it started getting physical.