The Shops At Arrive: Mixed-Use Development At 2800 Kirby Dr.

I thought there was just a single store on that corner? Isn't that Meredith O'Donnell Furniture or something like that?

its more than just the o'donnell store. totals 5.774 acres: 2.562 A on the north side of steel and 3.182 A that fronts w alabama. brokers are advertising that there is a possibility of abandoning steel and make the site contiguous.

I would hate to lose those apartments on Steele near Virginia. Those are great and the live oak canopie is beautiful on that block. Oh well...

on the bright side, i seriously doubt anything will happen in the near future. if someone did buy the land, it would be a safe assumption they would keep the current structures for cash flow until things turn around. on the flip side, the dickey estate is not in a position where they have to sell. if someone pays their price, no problem. if not, they know over time it will continue to appreciate.

edited to add: since someone asked, see the attached marketing flyer. c&w emailed it to me back in nov 08.

Kirby__W_Alabama.pdf

Edited by houston-development

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I just went there because I am considering moving there. The hallways have this retro-chic look and cold lighting, but other than that the lobby and apartments looked so cool and they already have residents! They did not cut corners with the flooring, very nice wood floors. In my opinion. The person said all the shops will be ready in October!! So soon!!

Hello, I just went there because I am considering moving there. The hallways have this retro-chic look and cold lighting, but other than that the lobby and apartments looked so cool and they already have residents! They did not cut corners with the flooring, very nice wood floors. In my opinion. The person said all the shops will be ready in October!! So soon!!

That probably means the storefronts may be ready by October...but it could be like the Pavilions for a little while...

• 1 month later...

Nice shot despite being a cell camera. I'm guessing you took that from atop building 1 (the one along Kirby, but not in the Kirby/Westheimer corner). I had no idea it was going to have a pool from initial views, the rooftop pool definitely gives it some edge and some competition with 2727's Aqua Level.

Myself or anyone with some time should take some shots of Building 3. Exterior brick is going on and its making progress. It's getting there pretty quickly now considering building 3 was an empty concrete shell for so long.

I too would love to live here... in fact I'm taking donations starting immediately :D

Nice shot despite being a cell camera. I'm guessing you took that from atop building 1 (the one along Kirby, but not in the Kirby/Westheimer corner). I had no idea it was going to have a pool from initial views, the rooftop pool definitely gives it some edge and some competition with 2727's Aqua Level.

Myself or anyone with some time should take some shots of Building 3. Exterior brick is going on and its making progress. It's getting there pretty quickly now considering building 3 was an empty concrete shell for so long.

I too would love to live here... in fact I'm taking donations starting immediately :D

Yes you are correct, it was taken from the 7th floor of building 1. You can't really tell but the pool is an infinity edge pool. There is actually alot more to the pool but i don't have pictures of it. I'll try to snap a few more next time i'm there. They have some pretty good deals going on right now for those looking for a new apartment.

I hope this project is successful. If it is, I hope it spurs further high quality growth. The inner loop needs more live/work/play spaces. My only complaint about West Ave is how awful the current garage looks from the existing neighborhood (Virginia, Kipling, Ferndale) but I am assuming phase II will cover it up.

• 4 weeks later...
on the bright side, i seriously doubt anything will happen in the near future. if someone did buy the land, it would be a safe assumption they would keep the current structures for cash flow until things turn around. on the flip side, the dickey estate is not in a position where they have to sell. if someone pays their price, no problem. if not, they know over time it will continue to appreciate.

edited to add: since someone asked, see the attached marketing flier. c&w emailed it to me back in nov 08.

I have seen the site plans as well as the architecturals for this project. If Phase II ever gets built it will most likely be directly behind the current Gables West Ave. at what is now the construction offices off of Kipling. As far as I know, that C&W map has nothing to do with Gables West Ave plans.

Last I was told Phase II has always been in the plans, but with the economic downturn it was halted. Gables happens to be one of our bigger customers, so I would imagine I'll see plans for Phase II if it ever comes back up.

• 3 weeks later...

I took a walk down to Kirby and got a few current shots of whats going on with the progress on building 3. Most of it has the protective netting on there so I got what I could. Its been a while since we've had an exterior update. They are what they are.

And walking by it was nice to see people chillin on their balconies and another resident walking their dog. Signs of life! I'm anxious for the opening of the retail sections... just a few more months to go.

DSC00954.jpg

DSC00955.jpg

DSC00956.jpg

DSC00959.jpg

DSC00960.jpg

DSC00961.jpg

• 1 month later...
According to this video, it's pronounced, West Ave, not West Avenue.

http://www.westaveriveroaks.com/video/west...-video-NEW.html

Unless she was reading it Verbatim from a teleprompter? She is blonde... :wacko:

I would hate to say it wrong while there and get weird looks.

So one more month to go, yes? I wanna check this place out when the retail section opens.

• 1 month later...

Man this thing should have gone downtown...

That's a coin toss on that one.

I think it would have gotten lost in downtown, especially considering HP, here it stands out, and caters to the RO crowd.

The architecture on this thing far exceeded my early expectations. At night the exterior lighting is amazing.

When does the first retail portions open? I'm anxious to check some of the restaurants out when they come to be.

That's a coin toss on that one.

I think it would have gotten lost in downtown, especially considering HP, here it stands out, and caters to the RO crowd.

The architecture on this thing far exceeded my early expectations. At night the exterior lighting is amazing.

When does the first retail portions open? I'm anxious to check some of the restaurants out when they come to be.

7 Restaurants/Stores will be opening March next year. I believe the majority of which are restaurants.