Rone Residences: Multifamily At 2311 Westheimer Rd.

Dakota79

On 2/12/2023 at 4:18 PM, hindesky said:

oYOqgcP.jpg

GNVz5sg.jpg

Take it all in boys, another strip center/surface parking lot is history! 

+ for density, + for better aesthetics, and a BIG plus for pedestrians! No more parking lot right on this major street, no parking entrances off of Westheimer, the building itself will provide shade from the sun to the pedestrians. 

In an urban sense, this is perfect for the area. There is a Whole Foods 3 blocks away and multiple restaurants all within walking distance. The Density in the area is getting close to midtown (near bagby) we just need a few more of these along Kirby 😅

Edited by Amlaham
  • Like 8

10 minutes ago, Amlaham said:

Take it all in boys, another strip center/surface parking lot is history! 

+ for density, + for better aesthetics, and a BIG plus for pedestrians! No more parking lot right on this major street, no parking entrances off of Westheimer, the building itself will provide shade from the sun to the pedestrians. 

In an urban sense, this is perfect for the area. There is a Whole Foods 3 blocks away and multiple restaurants all within walking distance. The Density in the area is getting close to midtown (near bagby) we just need a few more of these along Kirby 😅

And we need Upper Kirby Management District to maintain the sidewalks. There's a stretch from Westheimer to West Alabama along Kirby where the WFs is at that is getting very bad. 

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, cityliving said:

$3,000 a month for a one bed room apartment? That’s ridiculous, rents have gone too high.

It's definitely ridiculous, but if someone's willing to pay that, then they'd probably be willing to pay silly amounts for a sprawling single-family home as well. 

I'd rather they be in apartments.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 004n063 said:

It's definitely ridiculous, but if someone's willing to pay that, then they'd probably be willing to pay silly amounts for a sprawling single-family home as well. 

I'd rather they be in apartments.

That’s more than what I pay for my mortgage every month, if you are going to pay that much you might as well just buy a house.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, cityliving said:

That’s more than what I pay for my mortgage every month, if you are going to pay that much you might as well just buy a house.

My point was really just that I'd much rather see new luxury apartments being built than sprawling SFH developments.

• Like 7

Is this a name change? Has it gone from "Residences on Westheimer", to "River Oaks on Westheimer"? At least they can keep all their "ROW" letterheads.🙃

I'm surprised the River Oaks Condos don't sue for name infringement (or whatever lawyers call that). 🤪

• Like 1

Just to add on to everyone else, I think we're forgetting a certain demographic of people that would prefer to live in condos/ apartments vs a single family home in the suburbs; older people. I have a lot of patients that live in The River Oaks condos and most, if not all, have been very old. It makes sense when you think about it. They don't need a 3-4 bedroom house with a huge backyard and front yard. With these denser buildings, they can be closer to their family (if they live near the city), they have concierge/ assistance minutes away, the security is usually pretty good at these condos, its less isolating/ being closer to people (this is more important than we think). However, the main thing is, they don't have to do ANY maintenance work. It's a dream for a lot of older people. 

• Like 9

This is a great development and I want 50 more scattered around the interior of the loop. Partially because I love seeing NIMBY's complain about it on Facebook, but way more because it's a great-looking development that adds the density our city needs.

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Amlaham said:

Just to add on to everyone else, I think we're forgetting a certain demographic of people that would prefer to live in condos/ apartments vs a single family home in the suburbs; older people. I have a lot of patients that live in The River Oaks condos and most, if not all, have been very old. It makes sense when you think about it. They don't need a 3-4 bedroom house with a huge backyard and front yard. With these denser buildings, they can be closer to their family (if they live near the city), they have concierge/ assistance minutes away, the security is usually pretty good at these condos, its less isolating/ being closer to people (this is more important than we think). However, the main thing is, they don't have to do ANY maintenance work. It's a dream for a lot of older people. 

Hey, I resemble that remark! Although I did hear someone refer to our building as "the elderly and their parents".🤣

Your point is spot on. Every reason you gave is valid, some to some, and some to all. We never thought we'd give up SF living, but it turns out we love condo life.

The issue is not everyone can afford them, or perhaps they're not ready to fully commit. A high-end rental makes lots of sense. The location is perfect, too.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Per Bisnow:
"High Street Residential, the residential subsidiary of Trammell Crow Co., and joint venture partner Daiwa House Industry Co., broke ground on River Oaks at Westheimer at 2311 Westheimer Road. 

The 12-story community will replace a strip mall that stood near the intersection of Westheimer Road and Kirby Drive, where River Oaks and Upper Kirby intersect. The development will include 3K SF of ground-floor retail space, and the first units are slated to deliver in Q1 2025..."

Any activity onsite?

• Like 5

On 3/9/2023 at 4:01 PM, hindesky said:

When the port a potty shows up, workers will follow. 🚽💩

erNKyK4.jpg

I can't decide if it's weirdly appropriate or weirdly inappropriate that the portable toilet company used at the demolition site of an antiques store is "Heritage."

• Like 1