Buffalo Bayou Master Plan

houstonfella

On 3/30/2022 at 12:00 PM, hindesky said:

According to an email I received, Night Life is happening this April 2nd.

https://buffalobayou.org/event/night-light/

"Buffalo Bayou Partnership (BBP) and Aurora Picture Show present Night Light, an evening of free video art along a ¾ mile stretch of Buffalo Bayou East trails. Houston artists Julia Barbosa-Landois, Marcelese Cooper, and Input/Output have been commissioned to create new, site-specific, media art works for a landing, an understructure of a bridge, and decommissioned gravel silos along the waterfront." 

Looks cool, too bad I'm out of town this weekend.  :(   Maybe in the future they could make a city wide Night Light like Signal Festival in Prague...

1 hour ago, EaDo Lou said:

On Friday, I rode past the area near where the Jose Campos Torres Memorial will be and I noticed that there was some tents and chairs set up.  I wonder if they are about to open the new bike trail?

Dedication of the plaza is happening tomorrow at 1PM

• Like 7

4 hours ago, sapo2367 said:

Will it be open permanently soon?

From the earlier render I once posted this should be getting a canopy and a fountain wall so I don't think this is finished yet. Don't know when it will be back open.

UGjxYYW.png

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, hindesky said:

From the earlier render I once posted this should be getting a canopy and a fountain wall so I don't think this is finished yet. Don't know when it be back open.

UGjxYYW.png

Do we know if this is definitely happening? Is it safe to get my hopes up? 

• Like 1

Hey for those that go to Buffalo Bayou along Allen Parkway and park a car: Beware of car break-ins.

Yesterday i was on my bike ride and noticed the areas that you can park that face the trees and not the park where the volleyball court etc, there was tons of broken glass...I saw no less that 6 spaces that had shattered glass and oddly enough new cars were parked there knowing that cars are being broken into. So to clarify the location, if i am on the bikepath along Buffalo Bayou heading east towards downtown on Allen Parkway just before the large park with the volleyball court on my left, there are lots of spaces to park that face the slightly secluded rose bush rest area and trees etc and that is where these crimes happen. I am betting when i ride by today all the glass will still be there...maybe more from the new cars that continue to park there. While parking is limited, if i got out of my car to tons of broken glass, i would think twice before parking there...but whatever 🤔

Just fyi...

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, gene said:

Hey for those that go to Buffalo Bayou along Allen Parkway and park a car: Beware of car break-ins.

Yesterday i was on my bike ride and noticed the areas that you can park that face the trees and not the park where the volleyball court etc, there was tons of broken glass...I saw no less that 6 spaces that had shattered glass and oddly enough new cars were parked there knowing that cars are being broken into. So to clarify the location, if i am on the bikepath along Buffalo Bayou heading east towards downtown on Allen Parkway just before the large park with the volleyball court on my left, there are lots of spaces to park that face the slightly secluded rose bush rest area and trees etc and that is where these crimes happen. I am betting when i ride by today all the glass will still be there...maybe more from the new cars that continue to park there. While parking is limited, if i got out of my car to tons of broken glass, i would think twice before parking there...but whatever 🤔

Just fyi...

Yeah if you park in any of the lots along the BBP there is glass everywhere. Also over by Spotts park and Cleveland park. Just don't leave anything out in the open in your car and you'll be fine.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, sapo2367 said:

Woo! Now keep it going and connect up the white oak trailhead :)

I asked them on their IG if work will continue eastbound and they said that when finished it will go all the way to the Ship Channel Turning Basin.

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 8

• 1 month later...

Saw the Van and Sons Drilling crew doing core samples at the southwest corner of the Jensen St. bridge next to the bike trail. Worker said they have been drilling along both sides of the bank all around the area. For that reason I think this is Buffalo Bayou Trail related, he didn't know what was being built here though. I've seen this company drilling core samples all around Houston, they did the Texas Tower, 3615 Montrose, 1920 W. Alabama and countless other sites.

YKBHJE7.jpg

PvXa0tQ.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...