sevfiv

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Brooklyn173 said:

Preservation Houston had a very good Zoom on Post HTX last night. The admin building is still a few years away from redevelopment, but it seems Lovett is talking to hotels for that site.

Hotels seems like a good idea.  With the expense of concerts these days, people are making concerts like a summer vacation trip.  It might also help Post get bigger names for its venue.

This week, the Federal Reserve in Philadelphia's Beige Book included information about how the Taylor Swift concerts have boosted the tourism economy, and especially hotel occupancy.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I had my first visit to Post HTX on Wednesday. I was on the roof in The Outpost with my friend's band, braving the heat to do a show in their rooftop open concert area. It's an excellent spot, will be much better in September and October when the sun doesn't hate this area....

post thx outpost.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2022 at 4:08 PM, tigereye said:

THE Roberta’s Pizza from Bushwick opened today, per their IG. 

I had NO FRIGGIN CLUE. 

There only locations are in BK, LA, and Singapore. 

I. AM. EXCITE. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbfZ4IqOHwG/?utm_medium=copy_link

CultureMap reported on the closure of Roberta's last month. The NYC pizzeria was located at 401 Franklin St. It was one of several dining options in Post Houston's food hall and market Post Market.

Roberta’s, the Brooklyn-based pizzeria, quietly closed last week. Despite still being listed on the company’s website, all signage has been removed and it was closed during the food hall’s normal business hours. 

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/post-market-houston-robertas-finn-hall/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

CultureMap reported on the closure of Roberta's last month. The NYC pizzeria was located at 401 Franklin St. It was one of several dining options in Post Houston's food hall and market Post Market.

Roberta’s, the Brooklyn-based pizzeria, quietly closed last week. Despite still being listed on the company’s website, all signage has been removed and it was closed during the food hall’s normal business hours. 

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/post-market-houston-robertas-finn-hall/

I think Post Houston has a new pizza concept on the way to 401 Franklin St. The pizza restaurant will take over the food stall previously occupied by Roberta's.

I don't know if the pizzeria replacing Roberta's is an in-house concept from Lovett, consulting operator FAM Hospitality Group, or someone else. The name of the pizza concept could be Spotlight Pizza.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 2

https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/architecture-design/do-offices-even-need-conference-rooms-culture-rapid-change-top-houston-design-considerations-now-120293

"POST Houston, a building with retail and office space, a food hall and rooftop greenspace that was formerly the Barbara Jordan Post Office, hosted the Bisnow event, and it was a participant in that tax credit program. 

“In the framework of the marketplace, this building didn’t make any sense,” Brown said. “It papers out as a teardown, period.” 

Developers have to be committed to a project, and financial incentives are required to make it work, he said, but it can be well worth it. That was the case for POST, which has unique architecture and is the most Instagrammed building in Houston, he said. 

“It’s a cultural institution at this point,” Brown said. “When you’re here, you will see a lot of people who are here on vacation from foreign countries with camera crews, I kid you not, setting themselves up on the various stairs doing videos.” 

The building “didn’t have to be this way,” but its architectural details and historical values make it a valuable part of the city, he said. "

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2023 at 10:41 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

I think Post Houston has a new pizza concept on the way to 401 Franklin St. The pizza restaurant will take over the food stall previously occupied by Roberta's.

I don't know if the pizzeria replacing Roberta's is an in-house concept from Lovett, consulting operator FAM Hospitality Group, or someone else. The name of the pizza concept could be Spotlight Pizza.

It appears the name of the pizza concept replacing Roberta's is Spotlight / Spotlight Pizza. 

An entity was filed by last month for Spotlight 401, LLC. It's tied to Lovett Commercial. I'm assuming 401 refers to 401 Franklin St, the address for Post Houston.

36 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

It appears the name of the pizza concept replacing Roberta's is Spotlight / Spotlight Pizza. 

An entity was filed by last month for Spotlight 401, LLC. It's tied to Lovett Commercial. I'm assuming 401 refers to 401 Franklin St, the address for Post Houston.

It's possible the following may be forthcoming dining additions for Post Market, the food hall within Post Houston:

• Magdalena's
  • Sotol

Entities for both were filed last month by someone connected with Lovett Commercial. 401 is included in the name of both entities. It seems the two dining concepts may be slated for Post Market at 401 Frankliln St.

Magdalena's an Italian dining concept from Lovett, it seems. There is an architectural barriers project filing and a plan review fee permit for another Magdalena's location at 5110 Buffalo Speedway, Suite B. Located at Plaza in the Park in the West U (or near West U) area, the restaurant's descriptor in the architectural barriers project filing list it as a trattoria.

As for Sotol, this may be a Mexican or Tex-Mex restaurant. Trade names for Sotol include Sotol by El Tiempo. So, it's possible El Tiempo may be involved. 

A few weeks ago, a plan review permit and an architectural barriers project for Post Cantina was filed by JT ARC Studio. I don't know if Post Cantina is related to Sotol or not. The permit is for the conversion of a 7,588 sf office into a restaurant at 401 Franklin St, Suite 2900.

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/Project/TABS2023025690

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

As for Sotol, this may be a Mexican or Tex-Mex restaurant. Trade names for Sotol include Sotol by El Tiempo. So, it's possible El Tiempo may be involved. 

A few weeks ago, a plan review permit and an architectural barriers project for Post Cantina was filed by JT ARC Studio. I don't know if Post Cantina is related to Sotol or not. The permit is for the conversion of a 7,588 sf office into a restaurant at 401 Franklin St, Suite 2900.

Below are details pertaining to plans for Post Cantina. This is based off design materials / utility plans submitted for review.

The details included in the utility plans list 3,020 seating, but that may be a typo. It may be likely 3,020 refers to the square footage.

Post Cantina (or may be a dining concept from El Tiempo named Sotol) will be located at Post Houston. The listed address for the restaurant is 401 Franklin St, Ste 2900.

• Proposed: 7,588 sf convert office to restaurant

• Post Cantina
    401 Franklin St. Suite 2900
    Houston, TX 77002

• Sheet G0.00 [Project Details]

• Lease space converted use.
      • Exist office occp (b). Interior buid out for restaurant use (7,588 sf)
      • (a-2) restaurant 7,588 sf w/ 3,020 seating and bar w/ 16 occupants

• Sheet A0.01 [Project Scope / Location]
    • Existing bldg \"Post HTX\" 535,500 gsf, 5 stories, mixed use b, m, a2 & a3
    • lease space - convert 7,588 sf (b) office to (a2) restaurant

From the submitted wastewater capacity reservation letter:

•  For a 7,588 sf full-service restaurant w/ 3,020 sf of dining area And a bar w/ 16 occupants
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

There is a web domain for Sotol. It was registered about two months ago:

http://www.sotolhtx.com

• Like 1

• The title was changed to POST: Event Venue At 401 Franklin St.
11 hours ago, BEES?! said:

I wonder why it says conversion from office to restaurant- is that what other filings said?

In the TDLR filing I linked in the previous post, it states "lease space remodel conversion to restaurant space." The description submitted with the plan review notes the conversion of an office to restaurant. 

11 hours ago, BEES?! said:

Could it be that this is possibly going in at a different part of POST out of the food hall? (Like maybe one of the X or Z atriums?)

That's a good question, but I don't know.  Common Desk's address is 401 Franklin St, Ste 2400. The address for Post Cantina (possibly named Sotol) is 401 Franklin St, Ste 2900. So, it may be outside Post Market since plans for the restaurant call for the conversion of an office space.

• Like 1

Sounds like it could be going on the second floor somewhere….(Warning: Pure speculation ahead. I’m not good at reading filings like some of the GOATs on here! Just doing some digging around their site and doing guesswork)

On the POST site, there is a map showing available office space. The furnished space in the Z atrium on the right is 2440. There is a big chunk that says leased that’s directly above it. I’m not sure who the tenant is (nor the suite number) could it be the el tiempo guys? Post_z_atrium_space.jpeg.f3384eee538e13ee361c72e8137b10e6.jpeg
At any rate, I’ll be stopping by POST soonish for date night, so I’ll be sure to do a bit of on-the-ground poking around 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, BEES?! said:

Sounds like it could be going on the second floor somewhere….(Warning: Pure speculation ahead. I’m not good at reading filings like some of the GOATs on here! Just doing some digging around their site and doing guesswork)

On the POST site, there is a map showing available office space. The furnished space in the Z atrium on the right is 2440. There is a big chunk that says leased that’s directly above it. I’m not sure who the tenant is (nor the suite number) could it be the el tiempo guys? Post_z_atrium_space.jpeg.f3384eee538e13ee361c72e8137b10e6.jpeg
At any rate, I’ll be stopping by POST soonish for date night, so I’ll be sure to do a bit of on-the-ground poking around 😎

Thanks, @BEES?!. That's a great guess. Besides CultureMap, I doubt any of the other local media will look into this on their own. Instead, we'll probably have to wait for a press release from Lovett with further details.

• Like 1

I meant to post this earlier, but better late than never I suppose!

POST is going to play host to Chopd & Stewd, a festival celebrating West African culture and cuisine being headed up by the owners of ChòpnBlọk. 

It’s gonna be on 9/30 and will take place on the Skylawn. Tickets will start at $45.

Eater Article

(interestingly the article mentions that they’re fixing to open up a new, flagship outpost for ChòpnBlok in 2024. Anyone have any ideas where that’ll be? 🤔)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BEES?! said:

I was there this afternoon! (No luck figuring out where Ste 2900 is though, sadly!)

Anyone know why they have the entire first floor in the X Atrium torn up? It’s on both sides of the staircase, and it’s fenced off.x_atrium_work.jpeg.2539d4a29b82b5234ce91f1459ee1e62.jpeg

Looks like new electrical conduit with a bunch of junction boxes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BEES?! said:

Eater Article

(interestingly the article mentions that they’re fixing to open up a new, flagship outpost for ChòpnBlok in 2024. Anyone have any ideas where that’ll be? 🤔)

ChòpnBlọk / ChopnBlok is planning to open a brick-and-mortar restaurant in Montrose. I don't know where in Montrose, though. I asked about this back in July, but no one on the forum provided an answer:

Here's my post about it from the Montrose Restaurant Bar Scene - More Coming topic:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/11479-montrose-restaurant-and-bar-scene-more-coming/?do=findComment&comment=685007

On 7/30/2023 at 5:43 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

I think ChòpnBlọk / ChopnBlok has plans for a brick-and-mortar location in Montrose. Has anyone heard anything about a possible brick-and-mortar restaurant? 

ChòpnBlọk is a West African eatery at downtown Houston's POST Market, the food hall and market in POST Houston ( 401 Franklinn St). 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

On 9/1/2023 at 4:18 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Spotlight Pizza is indeed opening at Post Market.

Last month, Spotlight Pizza received a change of ownership inspection from the city's health department. The address listed on the inspection report is 401 Franklin St.

Also, there is a listing for Spotlight Pizza on Toast Tab. 

https://www.toasttab.com/local/rosenberg-pizza-ltd-401-franklin-street-ste-1270/r-ae08efe2-2092-4f27-b859-9cee0f7eebd3

G8eHC9m.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

On 9/1/2023 at 4:18 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

On 9/19/2023 at 8:17 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Spotlight Pizza is indeed opening at Post Market.

Last month, Spotlight Pizza received a change of ownership inspection from the city's health department. The address listed on the inspection report is 401 Franklin St.

Also, there is a listing for Spotlight Pizza on Toast Tab. 

https://www.toasttab.com/local/rosenberg-pizza-ltd-401-franklin-street-ste-1270/r-ae08efe2-2092-4f27-b859-9cee0f7eebd3

G8eHC9m.jpg

Spotlight Pizza is open, according to announcement on Post HTX's Instagram. The latest Post Market addition opened this week, I think.

Occupying Roberta's former stall, Spotlight Pizza is located at 401 Franklin St.

An Instagram account was recently created for Spotlight Pizza.

https://www.instagram.com/spotlightpizza

dgmgjsBl.jpg

• Like 5

Local croissanterie Shakkar / Shak•kar is coming to Post Market.

The announcement, which came via Instagram today, notes Shakkar will open this month. The food stall will be located at 401 Franklin St within Post Houston.

Shakkar is known for its cubed croissants.

From Instagram:

We are finally doing it!! Our first ever stand alone location will be opening up soon at Post Houston in October 2023!! 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyBeWgmLRCj/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...