sevfiv

Golfstrommen is genuinely a good concept and I am glad they are doing well enough that they are doing improvements. Given how expensive some of their items can be I had my doubts, but this is a testament to Post if they are able to support a restaurant like that. 

• Like 7

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/1/2023 at 3:52 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

It's possible the following may be forthcoming dining additions for Post Market, the food hall within Post Houston:

• Magdalena's
  • Sotol

Entities for both were filed last month by someone connected with Lovett Commercial. 401 is included in the name of both entities. It seems the two dining concepts may be slated for Post Market at 401 Frankliln St.

Magdalena's an Italian dining concept from Lovett, it seems. There is an architectural barriers project filing and a plan review fee permit for another Magdalena's location at 5110 Buffalo Speedway, Suite B. Located at Plaza in the Park in the West U (or near West U) area, the restaurant's descriptor in the architectural barriers project filing list it as a trattoria.

As for Sotol, this may be a Mexican or Tex-Mex restaurant. Trade names for Sotol include Sotol by El Tiempo. So, it's possible El Tiempo may be involved. 

A few weeks ago, a plan review permit and an architectural barriers project for Post Cantina was filed by JT ARC Studio. I don't know if Post Cantina is related to Sotol or not. The permit is for the conversion of a 7,588 sf office into a restaurant at 401 Franklin St, Suite 2900.

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/Project/TABS2023025690

So, the name of the Mexican or Tex-Mex restaurant opening at POST Houston is indeed Sotol / Sotol by Tiempo. And the architectural barriers project filing for POST Cantina mentioned last month, is for Sotol.

I don't know anything else beyond that. Maybe in the coming weeks, there will be further information.

POST Houston is located at 401 Franklin St.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, X.R. said:

Golfstrommen is genuinely a good concept and I am glad they are doing well enough that they are doing improvements. Given how expensive some of their items can be I had my doubts, but this is a testament to Post if they are able to support a restaurant like that. 

This appears to be a new/additional location on the third? floor (suite 3200). And at 5652 sq ft, I would guess this will either be a fine dining concept or event venue.

• Like 2

https://communityimpact.com/houston/heights-river-oaks-montrose/nonprofit/2023/10/16/blackwood-skyfarm-connects-nature-plants-hope-for-incarcerated-youth/

"During one of the rare days when Houston saw rain in its forecast after brutal record-breaking summer temperatures, Cath Conlon carted trays of vegetables through the elevators at a multiuse development in the heart of Downtown Houston. The president and CEO of the nonprofit Blackwood Educational Land Institute wasn’t at the wrong building, even though it housed everything from restaurant pop-ups and coworking spaces.

Instead, she was headed to bring fresh crops from her Hempstead farm to one of [the] biggest urban rooftop farms in Texas, Blackwood’s Skyfarm. Located at POST Houston, the farm laboratory, as they call it, experiments with different regenerative agricultural techniques such as permaculture in a distinctive urban rooftop soil setting. The nonprofit also hosts various educational experiences for guests, volunteers and anyone who is interested in becoming what it calls eco-literate."

278106.jpeg&w=900&q=95&f=jpg

278124.jpeg

278123.jpeg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2023 at 10:06 AM, phillip_white said:

This appears to be a new/additional location on the third? floor (suite 3200). And at 5652 sq ft, I would guess this will either be a fine dining concept or event venue.

I wonder if this is one of the rooftop spaces? I want to say that I heard they had been interested in snagging one of them. 

(incidentally I still have yet to try them!! Maybe I ought to :P)

Edited by BEES?!

4 hours ago, hindesky said:

I wonder who the statue will be? Barbara Jordan would be my guess.

QjAHjLq.png

Barbara Jordan would be appropriate.  I hope you are right.  I personally believe Barbara Jordan belongs on Houston’s Mt. Rushmore along with Jesse H. Jones and Roy Hofheinz.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 10:04 PM, steve1363 said:

Barbara Jordan would be appropriate.  I hope you are right.  I personally believe Barbara Jordan belongs on Houston’s Mt. Rushmore along with Jesse H. Jones and Roy Hofheinz.

There should be four, in keeping with the number of presidents on Mt. Rushmore. So who could the fourth be? Maybe Albert Thomas?

2 hours ago, steve1363 said:

One of the Allen brothers?

Thanks to the C Baldwin Hotel, I learned that if anything Charlotte Allen probably deserves way more credit than either of the Allen Brothers for the founding of Houston.  The brothers used her inheritance to purchase the land.  John Allen died in 1838, 2 years after the founding of Houston, and Augustus left the city around that time.  Charlotte died in Houston in 1895, almost 60 years after the founding of Houston.  Whoever came up with the name of the hotel did a great job IMO at trying to help get the story told.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, mattyt36 said:

Thanks to the C Baldwin Hotel, I learned that if anything Charlotte Allen probably deserves way more credit than either of the Allen Brothers for the founding of Houston.  The brothers used her inheritance to purchase the land.  John Allen died in 1838, 2 years after the founding of Houston, and Augustus left the city around that time.  Charlotte died in Houston in 1895, almost 60 years after the founding of Houston.  Whoever came up with the name of the hotel did a great job IMO at trying to help get the story told.

Yes I had heard that.  Doesn’t Charlotte also get credit for naming the city after Sam Houston?  One of the forgotten women in Houston’s history…

• Like 2

A plan review fee permit / planning review permit was filed today for 401 Franklin St.

According to the permit, it's for a remodel / mixed-use. There isn't further information beyond that.

401 Franklin St is home to Post HTX / Post Houston, the mixed-use development from Lovett Commercial.  

RLF4Ve1.png

• Like 3

Looks like the Winter Wonderlawn light display is going to be a ticketed event this year. From 11/4, the rooftop park will be ticket-only after 5pm. Prices right now are like $7 for Mon-Thu, and $10 for Sat-Sun. Kids under 5 are free. Prices are set to increase after Thanksgiving

It looks like it will be running from 11/4 to 1/14

• Like 3

8 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

A plan review fee permit / planning review permit was filed today for 401 Franklin St.

According to the permit, it's for a remodel / mixed-use. There isn't further information beyond that.

401 Franklin St is home to Post HTX / Post Houston, the mixed-use development from Lovett Commercial.  

RLF4Ve1.png

This may be for the ShopX "micro retail village" they announced.

https://www.posthtx.com/shopx

64de8228954e8f14a0bae098_ShopX_R2.jpg

64de8227d4c0c280009eaffb_ShopX_R1.jpg

• Like 8

This is a very creative way to help support local vendors. I like the idea of each small business getting the opportunity to set up shop in a larger space inside POST. If this is successful, POST will take off. We could see major names like Apple or Google open up shop at some point. 

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 7

On 9/1/2023 at 4:52 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

t's possible the following may be forthcoming dining additions for Post Market, the food hall within Post Houston:

• Magdalena's
  • Sotol

Entities for both were filed last month by someone connected with Lovett Commercial. 401 is included in the name of both entities. It seems the two dining concepts may be slated for Post Market at 401 Frankliln St.

Magdalena's an Italian dining concept from Lovett, it seems. There is an architectural barriers project filing and a plan review fee permit for another Magdalena's location at 5110 Buffalo Speedway, Suite B. Located at Plaza in the Park in the West U (or near West U) area, the restaurant's descriptor in the architectural barriers project filing list it as a trattoria.

Magdalena's  indeed opening at Post Houston / Post HTX. The restaurant is likely an Italian dining concept. It will be located at 401 Franklin St, Ste 1820.

On 9/1/2023 at 4:52 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

It's possible the following may be forthcoming dining additions for Post Market, the food hall within Post Houston:

• Magdalena's
  • Sotol

As for Sotol, this may be a Mexican or Tex-Mex restaurant. Trade names for Sotol include Sotol by El Tiempo. So, it's possible El Tiempo may be involved. 

A few weeks ago, a plan review permit and an architectural barriers project for Post Cantina was filed by JT ARC Studio. I don't know if Post Cantina is related to Sotol or not. The permit is for the conversion of a 7,588 sf office into a restaurant at 401 Franklin St, Suite 2900.

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/Project/TABS2023025690

On 9/1/2023 at 5:21 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Below are details pertaining to plans for Post Cantina. This is based off design materials / utility plans submitted for review.

The details included in the utility plans list 3,020 seating, but that may be a typo. It may be likely 3,020 refers to the square footage.

Post Cantina (or may be a dining concept from El Tiempo named Sotol) will be located at Post Houston. The listed address for the restaurant is 401 Franklin St, Ste 2900.

• Proposed: 7,588 sf convert office to restaurant

• Post Cantina
    401 Franklin St. Suite 2900
    Houston, TX 77002

• Sheet G0.00 [Project Details]

• Lease space converted use.
      • Exist office occp (b). Interior buid out for restaurant use (7,588 sf)
      • (a-2) restaurant 7,588 sf w/ 3,020 seating and bar w/ 16 occupants

• Sheet A0.01 [Project Scope / Location]
    • Existing bldg \"Post HTX\" 535,500 gsf, 5 stories, mixed use b, m, a2 & a3
    • lease space - convert 7,588 sf (b) office to (a2) restaurant

From the submitted wastewater capacity reservation letter:

•  For a 7,588 sf full-service restaurant w/ 3,020 sf of dining area And a bar w/ 16 occupants

On 9/1/2023 at 1:30 PM, BEES?! said:

Woah, good find! I wonder why it says conversion from office to restaurant- is that what other filings said? Could it be that this is possibly going in at a different part of POST out of the food hall? (Like maybe one of the X or Z atriums?)

On 9/2/2023 at 12:52 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

In the TDLR filing I linked in the previous post, it states "lease space remodel conversion to restaurant space." The description submitted with the plan review notes the conversion of an office to restaurant. 

That's a good question, but I don't know.  Common Desk's address is 401 Franklin St, Ste 2400. The address for Post Cantina (possibly named Sotol) is 401 Franklin St, Ste 2900. So, it may be outside Post Market since plans for the restaurant call for the conversion of an office space.

On 9/2/2023 at 4:20 AM, BEES?! said:

Sounds like it could be going on the second floor somewhere….(Warning: Pure speculation ahead. I’m not good at reading filings like some of the GOATs on here! Just doing some digging around their site and doing guesswork)

On the POST site, there is a map showing available office space. The furnished space in the Z atrium on the right is 2440. There is a big chunk that says leased that’s directly above it. I’m not sure who the tenant is (nor the suite number) could it be the el tiempo guys? Post_z_atrium_space.jpeg.f3384eee538e13ee361c72e8137b10e6.jpeg
At any rate, I’ll be stopping by POST soonish for date night, so I’ll be sure to do a bit of on-the-ground poking around 😎

Below is a page from construction documents for Post Cantina / Sotol. The location of the business is shown in the document.

The screenshot is from documentation published to Higbie Ventures' website.

As noted in posts above, Sotol is a Tex-Mex or Mexican restaurant from El Tiemo. The restaurant's address is 401 Franklin St, Suite 2900.

0TzRnCb.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Below is a page from construction documents for Post Cantina / Sotol. The location of the business is shown in the document.

The screenshot is from documentation published to Higbie Ventures' website.

As noted in posts above, Sotol is a Tex-Mex or Mexican restaurant from El Tiemo. The restaurant's address is 401 Franklin St, Suite 2900.

0TzRnCb.jpg

Correction:  The screenshot is from documentation published to Higbie Ventures' website.

As noted in posts above, Sotol is a Tex-Mex or Mexican restaurant from El Tiempo. The restaurant's address is 401 Franklin St, Suite 2900.

On 10/16/2023 at 1:23 PM, hindesky said:

ceHDkNf.pngBKzHj2Z.png

Following last month's architectural barriers projects filing with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR), a plan review fee permit was filed today for 401 Franklin St, Suite 3200.

Below are details from the permit:

• Use: Remodel, restaurant
  • FCC Group: Non-residential alteration

As noted in the TDLR filing, Golfstrømmen / Golfstrommen is building a bigger restaurant within Post HTX / Post Houston.

GWk9Buq.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yoyos Hot Dog (sometimes spelled as Yoyo's Hot Dogs on their social media posts) is opening a food stall at Post Houston. 

The food cart has a loyal following. It was a late night fixture in Rice Village for several years. Since then, it's popped up at 8th Wonder Brewery and Now & Never.

I'm not sure when Yoyos plans to open at Post Houston.

https://www.yoyoshotdog.com

https://www.instagram.com/yoyoshotdogshtx

• Like 7

On 11/27/2023 at 8:34 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Yoyos Hot Dog (sometimes spelled as Yoyo's Hot Dogs on their social media posts) is opening a food stall at Post Houston. 

The food cart has a loyal following. It was a late night fixture in Rice Village for several years. Since then, it's popped up at 8th Wonder Brewery and Now & Never.

I'm not sure when Yoyos plans to open at Post Houston.

https://www.yoyoshotdog.com

https://www.instagram.com/yoyoshotdogshtx

Houston Chronicle confirms Yoyos Hot Dog's Post Market outpost in an article published today. The popular food cart joins the growing roster of dining options at Post Houston.

According to Houston Chronicle, Yoyos opens today at 401 Franklin St.

For about two months, Yoyo's Hot Dog has been closed, leading hungry customers to ask relentlessly on social media when it would open again, some doubting if it would reopen at all. Co-owner Kevin Dang told the Chronicle the closure was due to a family emergency, as well as supply chain issues and preparing for the Post opening... Dang started having conversations with Post back in April, signing on as a vendor in October.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/food-culture/restaurants-bars/article/yoyos-hot-dog-post-houston-18519953.php

• Like 2

Hey all! Hope it is okay to once again announce my best friend Justin and his band Blue October (including my other best friend Matt, the bassist :) ) are coming back to 713 Music Hall at POST HTX! For now it is being announced as a standard 7-10pm show...

however there were rumors they were trying to make it another Houston's Music & Arts Festival / Blue Backs The Blue. Justin had hand picked the bands, the tattoo artist(s), barbers, food trucks and more all to support The Houston Police Officers Union "Assist The Officer"! The first one took place at White Oak Music Hall in 2019 where they took over the entire venue inside and out and was a huge sold out success! Due to covid the festival that was meant to be annual went on hiatus due to covid unfortunately...so we shall see if they can bring that back at this or another venue...and soon! 

Anyway, Tickets go on presale this Friday 12/1/23! See ya there!!!  Blue October's Website/ Link to tickets here

Event: MARCH 2nd 2024 at 713 Music Hall - Hometown Houston Show! 

BlueOctoberSummer2023.jpg

• Like 4

The statue at the Post turned out to be Barbara Jordan.

HhqBD5K.png

"Nearly 40 years ago, the U.S. Post Office named its regional post office at 401 Franklin St. after trailblazing congresswoman and Houston icon Barbara Jordan.

Jordan was remembered again Saturday at the same spot with the unveiling of a monument titled “I Am Barbara Jordan” at the site, now home to POST Houston, which bills itself as a dining, cultural and workplace hub. 

The sculpture, designed by artist Angelbert Metoyer, features Jordan sitting, facing south toward the skyline with her right hand outstretched."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/trending/article/barbara-jordan-monument-post-houston-post-office-18528816.php

• Like 9