Two Hermann Place & Three Herman Place: High-Rises At 1661 Hermann Dr.

ClutchCity

Has anyone heard anything about Two Hermann Place moving forward soon? It looks like interior finishes are being chosen for the high-rise, files are dated 01/2018

https://www.symmons.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/CDSLW1284-12-Ver-A.pdf

https://www.symmons.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/CDSRT0553-72-FSTF.pdf

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

Has anyone heard anything about Two Hermann Place moving forward soon? It looks like interior finishes are being chosen for the high-rise, files are dated 01/2018

https://www.symmons.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/CDSLW1284-12-Ver-A.pdf

https://www.symmons.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/CDSRT0553-72-FSTF.pdf

I called TEMA about this today and got the "I'm not at liberty to discuss this project" response.  I take this as good news, given that I would expect a "we have no plans at this time" response if something weren't going on in the background.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

In giving the rendering a closer look-through, the design shares a lot of the elements from the Southmore. A garage podium, apparently wrapped in limestone, with a pool deck on top.  A major glass floor topping the building with clean lines.  It's a fine looking building, but I can't help but think that it, along with the Southmore, Aris Market Square, Catalyst, the Midtown, the Driscoll, and the Hanover Montrose will all end up being grouped together as similar examples of the "2010's style" 20 years down the line.  Nothing particularly noxious about them, but also nothing that would immediately bring to mind any particular building's name. 

• Like 3

The gap is getting smaller, and with this plethora of new residential high-rise growth that has enveloped the  Museum district/ Hermann park, area the density levels have probably tripled in the last year.

• Like 2

On 12/11/2014 at 3:55 PM, cloud713 said:

Still on the boards, as part of their "6 year development timeline".

Also a 20ish story residential high rise planned for behind the Residences.

"Tema plans to develop the property in three phases. Here is what's planned for the site:

Hermann Park Residences (final name pending): The seven-story, 224-unit luxury apartment complex will sit on 2.25 acres just east of The Parklane and feature high-end fit and finishes and amenities, including a sky lounge overlooking Hermann Park. The project is scheduled for completion in late 2016.

A high-rise residential tower is planned for a 2.19-acre parcel east of Hermann Park Residences. Tema had announced plans for a 42-story tower last year, but the company is stepping back on that phase of the project to focus on Hermann Park Residences, which is admittedly "less risky" and will be delivered faster, Haidar said. The tower will ultimately be between 35 and 50 stories.

Another mid-rise apartment complex — about 20 stories tall — is planned behind Hermann Park Residences. Its size will be in between the other two projects, Haidar said."

http://m.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2014/12/11/developer-restarts-waylaid-plans-for-residential.html

Looks like they added 10 floors to this tower from their original plans. Maybe that means the other tower will end up closer to 50 stories?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cloud713 said:

Looks like they added 10 floors to this tower from their original plans. Maybe that means the other tower will end up closer to 50 stories?

Why not? 

Edit: Apparently, I can’t figure out how to do gifs with posts. I wanted to get Cyrus from The Warriors’ “can you dig it” gif. 

Edited by houstontexasjack

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2018 at 2:57 PM, houstontexasjack said:

Stakes with caution tape have been placed on the side of the property where the twisty tower (not the more recent rendering of Two Hermann Place) would be.  Not sure if this would be to prevent damage to trees by providing corridors for construction equipment.

They seem to be using this for overflow parking for somewhere (the park I'm guessing, or less likely the Health Museum?) right now, with the yellow tape delineating where to park.

• 4 months later...

If you go to NYC, and review every individual building that is standing, most are not award winning designs or classic examples of great architecture but a mish mash of styles, periods and great buildings. The incredible massing and  density with  variation of heights and styles is what makes it so impressive.

So every building doesn't have to be great to help increase our density which will go farther in the overall texture of the city. I wish all of the buildings were well designed and thoughtfully conceived, but this is the real world and there are too many average developers that just don't care.

In five years the midtown med center and upper Kirby areas are going to really start filling in with midsize high-rises. You can already feel the difference when looking over the area. This next phase of buildings going up in these areas are truly going to change the feel.

Hanover West Gray

Hanover River Oaks

Hanover Allen Parkway

Hines Allen Parkway

Allen Parkway and Gillette 4 high rises ?

Caydon 1,2,&3

3333 Main

Two Herman Place

Kelvin Village senior High rise

Westcreek

River Oaks development at Alabama and Buffalo Speedway.

Just to name a few. This will definitely fill a huge void between downtown , Uptown and the Med Center.

Don't take my word for it. Get in your car and take one of the high overpasses like 288 and 610 going into town and you'll see how its slowly starting to fill in.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bobruss said:

If you go to NYC, and review every individual building that is standing, most are not award winning designs or classic examples of great architecture but a mish mash of styles, periods and great buildings. The incredible massing and  density with  variation of heights and styles is what makes it so impressive.

So every building doesn't have to be great to help increase our density which will go farther in the overall texture of the city. I wish all of the buildings were well designed and thoughtfully conceived, but this is the real world and there are too many average developers that just don't care.

In five years the midtown med center and upper Kirby areas are going to really start filling in with midsize high-rises. You can already feel the difference when looking over the area. This next phase of buildings going up in these areas are truly going to change the feel.

Hanover West Gray

Hanover River Oaks

Hanover Allen Parkway

Hines Allen Parkway

Allen Parkway and Gillette 4 high rises ?

Caydon 1,2,&3

3333 Main

Two Herman Place

Kelvin Village senior High rise

Westcreek

River Oaks development at Alabama and Buffalo Speedway.

Just to name a few. This will definitely fill a huge void between downtown , Uptown and the Med Center.

Don't take my word for it. Get in your car and take one of the high overpasses like 288 and 610 going into town and you'll see how its slowly starting to fill in.

I would like this if the like button was working. Just for the record.