Houston Potential Projects That Were Never Built

Subdude

30 minutes ago, Luminare said:

Interesting idea. I'm guessing if its three blocks then it will be from Dunlavy to Commonwealth?

The biggest question is how are they going to do this? Do they now own all the lots on these three blocks? (Doubtful). Are they going to do this one lot at a time?

HCAD is down at the moment, otherwise I'd check.

I think the key word on the Instagram page might be "concept."

According to HCAD, the owners of 1711 Indiana appear to own nothing else on Indiana Street, or, for that matter anywhere inside the Beltway (they own another property (a house) somewhere outside the Beltway).

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 1

Yeah, calling BS on this. Those three blocks are mostly SF homes and individually owned THs (also a school), none of which have been acquired. I think this is exactly what it says it is, a concept.

Also, the concept shows a zero-foot building line, which, good luck with that.

Wait.... Glass Cypress sells $160 screen printed tshirts?!?!?

https://www.glasscypress.com/shop/

I'm not sure what's more farfetched. Their business model or thinking that they can buy all of the real estate on that block of Indiana. 

Wilson Montessori is a recently renovated Houston ISD magnet K-8 school. Good luck buying that, too!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wilcal said:

Wait.... Glass Cypress sells $160 screen printed tshirts?!?!?

https://www.glasscypress.com/shop/

I'm not sure what's more farfetched. Their business model or thinking that they can buy all of the real estate on that block of Indiana. 

Wilson Montessori is a recently renovated Houston ISD magnet K-8 school. Good luck buying that, too!

you might be shocked by the price, but I was talking about screen printed tees with people that either work in shops and one friend that is associated with Petty Cash, and they can fetch a high price due to the low supply one creates when they produce actual screen prints. Depending on what gets put on the T itself that could push the amount further because if its a cool design then people will want a screen printed version because it lasts longer and fades better than T's which are mass produced and at low quality.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Houston: Potential
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I hate to say it, because it's negatively affecting the surrounding community to lose businesses and property, but then OTOH I would think being bought out by TXDOT and hopefully getting a nice bucket of cash from them might be the best outcome. So many abandoned or decaying buildings and strip clubs and dubious motels will be wiped out and I don't think many will actually miss it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 4/1/2022 at 3:30 PM, hindesky said:

We discussed this potential was maybe going to be where the current Tower 5040 on Calhoun ended up due to the render showing the building next door and Brays Bayou next to it.

MVv07GM.jpg

In what thread was this discussed? If there’s enough evidence I’ll merge it there or start a new one.

9 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

In what thread was this discussed? If there’s enough evidence I’ll merge it there or start a new one.

Page 31 of  UH Development. I believe they picked the Tower 5040 as the winning bid although this looks much better.

• The title was changed to Houston Potential Projects That Were Never Built