Marriott Marquis: GRB Convention Center Hotel At 1777 Walker St.

Subdude

I'm sure this is obvious by looking at the state of construction, but this will not be open for the Final Four as originally planned. Now supposed to open in September or October per the Marriott website (not sure if this was posted before but I didn't see it)

I'm sure this is obvious by looking at the state of construction, but this will not be open for the Final Four as originally planned. Now supposed to open in September or October per the Marriott website (not sure if this was posted before but I didn't see it)

Pretty sure they never planned to be open for the Final Four.

Ah that makes sense, but why paint it? I guess there's going to be some sort of glass or curtain wall going over it?

I figured either that the sealant was that color to begin with or they used that particular pigment to get the desired color effect once the translucent glass curtain went over the top of it.

Or maybe the color effect is the only reason.

Edited by Nate99

I was told by one of the construction workers at the GRB today that they will be lifting the sky bridge that connects the GRB to the Marriot hotel this Saturday morning (Dec 5th), if anyone's interested.

Kreskin

(1st time poster, long time lurker. Thanks to everyone for all the great photos and info!)

• Like 7