GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

Anyone have any info on when Lucky Strike is going to open? It just says December '08. :unsure:

According to the Downtown E-newsletter March 2009.i know we should be optimistic but considering this was supposed to open a couple days ago, im kind of mad. I could understand January or February

but MARCH! oh well just my opinion.

Heres what was in it:

Pavilions_banner_v1.gif

Just a general question for everyone. What's more upsetting?

Delayed opening of Lucky Strike, lack of street level video screens, or that the interior looks like a high school courtyard?

id say lack of street level video screens. Lucky Strike will come in time, just need patients, and i think once the first floor fills in with glass windows it wont feel high school. the painted plywood walls makes it feel not very inviting.

street level video screens is what catches peoples eye. for people that dont even realize HP is new they would atleast be drawn to it by moving images. something needs to lure them in

street level video screens is what catches peoples eye. for people that dont even realize HP is new they would atleast be drawn to it by moving images. something needs to lure them in

if they are anything like the one at main st square at the northbound stop, then i'm sure we'll see an increase in siezures.

Just a general question for everyone. What's more upsetting?

Delayed opening of Lucky Strike, lack of street level video screens, or that the interior looks like a high school courtyard?

I'd say the delay of Lucky Strike. That's something very unique it could have brought to downtown...earlier. Oh well.

I wouldn't be too frustrated with the boarded up walls since we already knew tentants would come in at different times. It will be more dissappointing if it's still like this come 6 months from now.

I'd say the delay of Lucky Strike. That's something very unique it could have brought to downtown...earlier. Oh well.

I wouldn't be too frustrated with the boarded up walls since we already knew tentants would come in at different times. It will be more dissappointing if it's still like this come 6 months from now.

The sinking economy... dont look for most anything else to open up until around 2012.

Most of HP is not even open yet, of course it kind of sucks now... more and more will open in the coming months. Add to that the state of the economy and of course they are going to have a hard time filling in what's empty... we are lucky it even got built. Once the economy picks up which it always does eventually things will improve... just something we have to deal with.

Patronize the businesses that have opened.

I thought Guadalajara was set to open in late December. I walked by it yesterday and it was no where near being being ready to add the finishes even. When is this one opening and when is Mia Bella? That side of downtown needs restaurants. Hopefully, the extra foot traffic that will help the retailers.

I hope that's not too late...

Your optimism is overwhelming. :huh: I walked through this center on Saturday and was pleasantly surprised after all of the negative commentary that I've been reading on the site. The bottom level looks almost completely leased and foot traffic was reasonably good. Retail in the upper levels should fill in pretty quickly once the restaurants open.

I know that everyone is very anxious for the other restaurants/shops to open right away, but it just doesn't make any sense from a retail perspective. If you can't be open for the Xmas season, why would you open in January and lose money for the next couple of months?

Expect to see coordinated openings and a significant amount of advertising in the springtime.

I know the gm at McCormick and Schmicks and spoke to him. He had nothing but positives to say about the current location and stated that the weekend traffic is solid with guest staying downtown and convention traffic. I know personally that for lunch you can't get in without a reservation and therefore, this thing is doing much better than people thought.

Give it time, but you will see that this thing is going to really kick-off the next downtown revival.

I walked through this center on Saturday and was pleasantly surprised after all of the negative commentary that I've been reading on the site. The bottom level looks almost completely leased and foot traffic was reasonably good.
i was there saturday about noon. i felt badly. there were more dogs from the pet adoption place than there were patrons at hp. the dog urine on the sidewalk nearby sure didn't help.

i was there saturday about noon. i felt badly. there were more dogs from the pet adoption place than there were patrons at hp. the dog urine on the sidewalk nearby sure didn't help.

Great job. After 2 consecutive upbeat posts, this thread was in real danger of turning positive! Luckily, Captain Negativity swooped in to save the day!

I told you...

Great job. After 2 consecutive upbeat posts, this thread was in real danger of turning positive! Luckily, Captain Negativity swooped in to save the day!

I haven't laughed this much in about a fortnight. I even spilled my vodka tonic!