GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

An official press release, or a script to read to inquisitors about why Lucky Strike won't make it's open date.

Why would Lucky Strike have someone answering the phones in Houston? As has been duly noted, they are not open and won't be for over a month. They have already told us why they will not make their original opening date. What more do you need?

It is completely neutral news. Just a construction delay. Nothing more, nothing less.

The opening has been delayed. Clearly, this is bad news of the worst kind.

Let's all hope so...

There's not a living person at HP to answer the phone right now. I'm sure they're scrambling to try and pull something together.

Same here. I called and the voicemail inbox was full. ugh.

Pull something together for what?

Putting something together so they can stay in business.

Here is the gist of the story from the Houston Business Journal:

"Lucky Strike, originally slated to open on Nov. 26, is scheduled to resume construction on Dec. 1 and the delay could push the opening back to early 2009.

Karen Mulville, general manager of Houston Pavilions, says the contractor has been waiting for pieces of equipment and millwork to complete the 24,800-square-foot venue for the past couple of weeks.

The Lucky Strike in Hollywood and Las Vegas are re'donk. I can't imagine the Houston branch not following the design of other locations.

This follows what people outside of Houston... that Houston is a boring city. Ugh.

What in the name of Sam Houston are you talking about?

I hope not a bloody comcast deal of sorts.

I just looked up their website. Talk about swanky - they've even got a dress code! I didn't notice if bowling shirts were allowed or not.

And I bet they 'small plates' on their menu. And a $15 pomengranate mojito.

No pitchers and cheese fries here! I'm sure bowling shirts are OK, but the doorman will check you for the required Ed Hardy label.

Of course it's not good news... but also of course its not the worst kind of bad news. It's just a delay.

No, Jax. You just don't understand. This...this is the worst news. The worst!

Out of desperation for ironic bowling, I don't think I can carry on this cold and empty life. Oh...no! My spirits are low in the depths of despair. My lifeblood spills over...

I just looked up their website. Talk about swanky - they've even got a dress code! I didn't notice if bowling shirts were allowed or not.

Palace Lanes has a dress code, too. You aren't allowed to actually beat your wife while wearing a wifebeater.

Out of desperation for ironic bowling, I don't think I can carry on this cold and empty life. Oh...no! My spirits are low in the depths of despair. My lifeblood spills over...

You should be a writer.

YIKES! :o

Rush, bleh. Beware the slippery slope that goes from Rush to Kansas to TransSiberian Orchestra.

Slipperty slope my ass. Just beware of Rush.

Obligatory on-topic content:

I hear all the cool kids are calling this place "HoPa".

Edited by memebag