GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

For what it's worth, as a young professional in Houston that hangs around the trendy crowd, I can tell all of you that HOB is very popular. They draw great acts. Everyone I knew went to the Michael Jackson cover band concert last weekend. A couple of friends and I went late and tried to get in but the line was down the street.

The Foundation Room is also very popular with the 30,000aires of Houston (yep, they're here too). HOB is an excellent tenant and is really the only thing that is keeping my hopes up for this development.

I agree. As a young professional also, I can say that the HOB is very popular among the demographic. I think if you go and look at the HOB list of performances, you will see most of them are not "hip hop".

It will even get better once Pete's opens. Always a hit with the young professionals.

Edited by jayshoota

I agree. As a young professional also, I can say that the HOB is very popular among the demographic. I think if you go and look at the HOB list of performances, you will see most of them are not "hip hop".

It will even get better once Pete's opens. Always a hit with the young professionals.

I agree. Pete's should be a good draw based on the crowd at the Howling Moon.

Edited by LunaticFringe

yeah, not sure where the notion of the HOB attracting mostly "hip hop" acts came from, i'd say it's been overwhelmingly rock... hell, i was there for the black crowes last night and it was fantastic.

but i stand by my notion that outside of the HOB/luckystrike components, HP is nothing more than a glorified outdoor mall.

actually that is not the only way you can gain access...

The Foundation Room is also for special events and each time Blue October has played a House Of Blues in the U.S. they have hosted a radio station sponsored event/autograph signing/acoustic show and/or post party in The Foundation Room and let me tell you, these places blow me away...

straight from a movie set with its dark, rich, eclectic decor...all seem to be done by the same designer across the country with tons of dark wood, velvet curtains and buddah statues etc...

The Foundation Room was one of the reasons i was so excited to get a House Of Blues here.

cannot wait to check out the Houston one in a couple of weeks!

Edited by gene

VIP room at the HOB. You have to buy a membership and are allowed to bring a limited number of guest with you depending on which level you get.

I was wondering what that place was. I was Downtown the other evening and just took a stroll through HP and noticed the Foundation Room... it was set apart from everything else and was basically just a door with someone guarding it... weird... I was wondering if it was part of HOB.

As for HOB, the night I walked by (around sunset) there were a lot of people outside walking in and out... lots of street traffic around that area. That restaurant / bar right across the street from HOB must be thrilled it's finally open.

Was at Forever 21 again tonight at 6:30 and it was buzzing with activity. It didn't even feel like Houston, felt more like Chicago. I know it is one store, but I think this thing is primed for success.

I agree... I just wish some retail place that caters to guys would open... Gap, Banana Republic, H&M, American Eagle... something! Oh well.

I was down at HP last night for the first time to see the Black Crowes. The show was great. HOB is great, a very cool place. However side balcony seats suck. You can't see about a 1/3 of the stage. We could never see the lead guitarist. We switched sides of the balcony late in the show so we could see him play. Crazy that a brand new venue has bad seats. Otherwise it is a very cool place. Being outside of it before the show I felt like I was in another city. That corner doesn't feel like Houston to me. Anway the wait for a table at HOB was 50 minutes. The Metallica show helped that. The Italian place across the street is loving HOB, they are getting all of their run of business. We ended up at the Lake House for a burger. HP was unimpressive to me. Maybe it is because it is so empty right now but it looks like a glorified mall. We didn't walk to the front to BOM so maybe I missed some stuff but I was dissapointed. Once it is all leased with Lucky Strike and other hot spots it could be totally different. HOB though is a huge plus for downtown Houston. Can't wait to see another show there. I will probably go with a GA ticket next time.

I was down at HP last night for the first time to see the Black Crowes. The show was great. HOB is great, a very cool place. However side balcony seats suck. You can't see about a 1/3 of the stage. We could never see the lead guitarist. We switched sides of the balcony late in the show so we could see him play. Crazy that a brand new venue has bad seats. Otherwise it is a very cool place. Being outside of it before the show I felt like I was in another city. That corner doesn't feel like Houston to me. Anway the wait for a table at HOB was 50 minutes. The Metallica show helped that. The Italian place across the street is loving HOB, they are getting all of their run of business. We ended up at the Lake House for a burger. HP was unimpressive to me. Maybe it is because it is so empty right now but it looks like a glorified mall. We didn't walk to the front to BOM so maybe I missed some stuff but I was dissapointed. Once it is all leased with Lucky Strike and other hot spots it could be totally different. HOB though is a huge plus for downtown Houston. Can't wait to see another show there. I will probably go with a GA ticket next time.

Give it time for more places to open and more tenants to sign on... it will be much better... it could take time, however, for new tenants to sign on with the current financial crises... we will see.

I was wondering what that place was. I was Downtown the other evening and just took a stroll through HP and noticed the Foundation Room... it was set apart from everything else and was basically just a door with someone guarding it... weird... I was wondering if it was part of HOB.

not sure i'd describe it as just taking a stroll. even access from the hob restaurant takes some maneuvering.

but i stand by my notion that outside of the HOB/luckystrike components, HP is nothing more than a glorified outdoor mall.

Well bully for you. I know you mean that as an insult, but the fact is, that is really pretty much what the developers intended it to be. (And of course, to judge it "outside of HOB/Luckystrike components" is pure silliness.)

Edited by Houston19514

I just got back from the Galleria, and now I remember why I'd rather ride the Metro Rail and shop downtown... if only there were more stores. Can't wait to see what opens in HP in the future. Anything that saves me a trip uptown will make me happy.

This is my 3rd trip to Forever 21 with my wife and this time we went at 7pm on a saturday night and the place was packed and the cash registers was humming. Mostly students from UH downtown, folks from midtown and high school moms with daughters. I think they have a winning formula and the only thing that the need is critical mass with other retail to capitalize on the anchor. If they put in the right retail mix, it is a great situation.

I agree... I just wish some retail place that caters to guys would open... Gap, Banana Republic, H&M, American Eagle... something! Oh well.

actually F21 has some great and inexpensive guys clothes on the 2nd level.

they have a few killer jackets in fact, so go check it out.

Problem with deliveries may delay the opening of Lucky Strike until the end of the year. Originally scheduled to open Wednesday. See Swamplot. Cool pic. Hope that's what ours is going to look like.

Edited by rsb320

Problem with deliveries may delay the opening of Lucky Strike until the end of the year. Originally scheduled to open Wednesday. See Swamplot. Cool pic. Hope that's what ours is going to look like.

The Lucky Strike in Hollywood and Las Vegas are re'donk. I can't imagine the Houston branch not following the design of other locations.

I just got back from the Galleria, and now I remember why I'd rather ride the Metro Rail and shop downtown... if only there were more stores. Can't wait to see what opens in HP in the future. Anything that saves me a trip uptown will make me happy.

Sounds like you'd be a happier person if you just stopped wanting what Uptown is selling. Works for me.