• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

somewhat off topic but they need to do something about the northbound main street lanes at the intersection with Wheeler/Richmond. I've almost been clipped 3 times in the last 2 weeks by people unaware that the right lane is turn only. How can they fix that?

On 3/26/2022 at 9:38 PM, CREguy13 said:

I did not enjoy this article nor think it was that great of writing.  My lord was the author negative, mainly towards Houston haha

What did you expect from an Austin-based writer (Aaron Seward)?

• Like 3

On 3/26/2022 at 8:01 PM, hindesky said:

Damn, was this guy's entire family and everyone he's ever loved raped and killed in Houston or something? The whole thing is noticeably aggressive and consciously ignorant of Houston's role in the Texas/American economy. He paints an image of Houston's economy being as diversified as that of Venezuela. Super strange article. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 3/26/2022 at 7:01 PM, hindesky said:

"When the department store opened in 1939, this section of the Fourth Ward"

Second sentence and already wrong. It's in the Third Ward. 

spacer.png

Edited by MidCenturyMoldy
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, MidCenturyMoldy said:

I tweeted the correction to them and they thanked me and changed it. 

What?  No!  When you see a minor mistake, you're supposed to just write angry, sanctimonious rants on the internet under an anonymous name.  You don't do something constructive!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, editor said:

What?  No!  When you see a minor mistake, you're supposed to just write angry, sanctimonious rants on the internet under an anonymous name.  You don't do something constructive!

I have a talent for hiding my angry, sanctimonious tone within a seemingly helpful tweet. 😄

Edited by MidCenturyMoldy
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Aramco joins Houston’s innovation hub The Ion as a founding partner

Aramco Americas, the U.S. subsidiary of Aramco, has joined as a founding partner of The Ion. Through the partnership, the two organizations will create educational programming, events, workforce development opportunities, energy transition leadership, and more. The partnership will take place over the next three years.

• Like 8

Most big O&G companies have realized they need to diversify, so it wouldn't surprise me if they want to be in facilities like this to do R&D toward renewable energy.  And if Houston wants to remain the energy capital of the world as energy shifts to renewables, it's great if companies want to be doing that here too.

• Like 9

12 hours ago, rechlin said:

Most big O&G companies have realized they need to diversify, so it wouldn't surprise me if they want to be in facilities like this to do R&D toward renewable energy.  And if Houston wants to remain the energy capital of the world as energy shifts to renewables, it's great if companies want to be doing that here too.

I agree. Houston is so well situated to dominate the energy and medicine sectors for the next 50 years. It's just going to take some of these huge legacy industries realizing they need to embrace the future and stop looking backward. I think Ion is a great first step toward making that happen. We'll see...

• Like 3