Camden McGowen Station & Midtown Park At 2727 Travis St.

Subdude

I talked with some Camden workers who said the wind was gusting up to 35mph at the tower crane and it was too windy/dangerous to attempt the tower crane removal today. They will try again on Sunday as they have a street closure permit till 5 am Monday.

gqsQEVZ.jpg

gpDtzlK.jpg

• Like 9

This is PSA for the new park:

This is from RDA

Join us next Wednesday, May 10th, 4 pm to 5 pm to preview the Midtown Superblock Park. Developed by the Midtown Redevelopment Authority (MRA), the Midtown Superblock Park includes a 3-acre park with a 400-car underground parking garage. The site is located on Main Street adjacent to the METRORail Station. The full six-acre site which includes a mixed used residential development is bounded by Main, McGowen, Travis and Anita. 

Get a first look at the space with design team members from Walter P Moore and Design Workshop leading this special curated tour. As with all our programs, this tour will earn you 1 CEU. 

There are limited spots available at $25 for RDA members and $35 for non-members. The tour is open to anyone 18 years and older.  On-site registration is not available.

Just thought I'd pass this along

Edited by bobruss
  • Like 4

On 5/4/2017 at 4:27 PM, j_cuevas713 said:

$35!? Lol I'll wait for the park to officially open

If you're interested in design/architecture it might be worth your while to gain the insights of practicing professionals in the field. Just sayin' I know $35.00 can be a lot for a student but if you join the RDA it's only $15.00 per year for students and you get Cite mag subscription. $45.00 otherwise if you're not a student.

http://www.ricedesignalliance.org/membership/

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Naviguessor said:

Yes. This whole block seems to be at a standstill. 

Thought the park was on the cusp of opening. But, that was a couple months ago. 

I don't know about the park delays but the building seems to be going in phases. The only side not pictured is the Travis street side. Most of the focus appears to have been on that side for the last 2-3 weeks.

• Like 2

I guess they were going to open a partially finished park for the super bowl because they are now laying stone pavers and adding more to the structures so they were no where close to being finished during Super Bowl. The park when finished is going to be a great addition to Midtown,

and I'm sure it will help motivate the other two or three developers Caydon and the one planned for the old permit building site that was recently razed just north of Match.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Campo was interviewed on Bloombery today outside of Camden Travis Street.  Stated that Camden expected all apartment units to be absorbed late 2018, early 2019, but that Harvey moved it up by a year.  He also spoke about how Camden relaxed typical market rent and required minimum lease terms for people affected by Harvey.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-07/harvey-delivers-windfall-to-lucky-few-who-built-on-high-ground

• Like 4

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2017/09/21/future-midtown-park-newly-opened-museum-seeking.html

In which HBJ makes this unfortunate error:

In August, Current Standing Development sold a 41,000-square-foot site across from the new park to Caydon Property Group. The Melbourne, Austria-based developer will convert the space for an additional high-end residential, retail and large parking garage on the site.

• Haha 1

On 9/22/2017 at 3:43 PM, corbs315 said:

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2017/09/21/future-midtown-park-newly-opened-museum-seeking.html

In which HBJ makes this unfortunate error:

In August, Current Standing Development sold a 41,000-square-foot site across from the new park to Caydon Property Group. The Melbourne, Austria-based developer will convert the space for an additional high-end residential, retail and large parking garage on the site.

16209-deciding-between-ruger-lc9s-ruger-

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Checked out the park last night, security was out in force doing a great job, keeping people with dogs off the hill and no bums to be found.

Park is very well done , you can't help think about the Aussie Tower across the street and how different it will feel once completed. 

I remember when it was just that field that free press was in for a few years, big change!

• Like 7

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...