METRORail Green Line

Guest danax

I don't think a lot of ppl have caught on to the whole "take the tram to the game" idea yet. On weekends, you can park at the end of the green/purple line on rusk for free. I did it this past weekend and we were the only car that stopped there.

Paid $7 round trip for rail tickets where as some people paid $40 to park a few blocks away.

Wouldn't a round trip be $2.50?

Ok, fine it was $7.50, for three people. I round down. Fight me. :rolleyes:

Looks like that's a generally good idea.  According to this some people paid up to $80 to park for Taylor Swift and got broken into to boot.

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/music/article/Taylor-Swift-s-Houston-concert-had-multiple-car-6495814.php

• Like 1

Things that should be illegal for $500 Alex

I think that's what's called a "self punishing sin."

I will agree that it is a sin to pay $80 to park to watch a Taylor Swift concert.  

The penance is paying $80 to park and then watching a Taylor Swift concert.  :ph34r:

I think that's what's called a "self punishing sin."

I will agree that it is a sin to pay $80 to park to watch a Taylor Swift concert.  

The penance is paying $80 to park and then watching a Taylor Swift concert.  :ph34r:

and then there's this...

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/music/article/Taylor-Swift-s-Houston-concert-had-multiple-car-6495814.php

Taylor Swift's Houston concert had multiple car break-ins despite high-priced parking

After paying as much as $80 to park... Moreno's vehicle was parked in the 2400 block of Lamar and, when he and a friend returned to it about 11 p.m. Wednesday, they found the rear passenger window broken. 

Houston Police Department spokesman Keese Smith said two incidents were reported at a lot in the 2100 block of Lamar, but other incidents may have gone unreported because the drivers didn't want to wait to talk to an officer at the already-late hour.

The fate inspectors are out in full force these past few days. I talked to one of them asking if they're gonna double stack the trams for the Purple Line. He said he'd talk to a rail attendant, but they're gonna have to do an investigation into how many people are paying.

Obviously, I understand he's not a key figure in deciding these things, but it's good to know that he listened and didn't just brush me off.

The fate inspectors are out in full force these past few days. I talked to one of them asking if they're gonna double stack the trams for the Purple Line. He said he'd talk to a rail attendant, but they're gonna have to do an investigation into how many people are paying.

Obviously, I understand he's not a key figure in deciding these things, but it's good to know that he listened and didn't just brush me off.

"Fate inspectors being out in full force" sounds like a dystopian science fiction novel in which all of humanity rides the light rail and are randomly selected to participate in a Thunderdome-esque competition (Red, Purple and Green enter, one man leaves).

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I want to see a triple stacked train just driving through.  Or the steam locomotive in front of minute maid pulling some cars down main street

If they're double stacking the trains that means they have good ridership right?

• Like 1

Yeah that's what I figured. They've been testing single trams along the purple all this past month, but this is the first double stacked I've seen since they first opened. This one was probably a new order since it had plastic wrap all over it

It's packed during peak times on the purple line from all the UH students

UH and METRO are pushing the rail big time for this Thursday's game vs. SMU. Rumor is if you wear RED you can ride for free. Not sure if it is true.

Night classes and student parking will make this game's parking situation a cluster. Even though I have a parking pass, I plan on riding the rail from downtown.

Downtown metered parking is free after 6 pm Monday through Saturday and all day Sunday.

However, beware of the red "commercial zone" meters, which are monitored 24/7 and a VERY expensive ticket, some spaces that have small signs indicating that they're for emergency vehicles only (also 24/7, plus they're an expensive ticket and a tow), and the valet zones (from which you car will also be moved, be it by some kid who you give the keys to park your car who knows where for X bucks or by Bubba the tow truck driver).

Yeah I always pay attention for that. The spaces in talking about are south of the first station, before the ramps into the Theater Distrixt Parking garages. They fill up quick, but man if it doesn't feel great only paying $10 round trip for four of us to go see the Astros, rather than paying $40 for parking.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...