Anything You Want

gwilson

It's a good day.

Roberts is dead.

The 787 took to the skies.

Gay marriage passed in Wash, DC.

I had forgotten. Way back when, when he was healin' and bringing back people from the dead and , he called out for money for his university, because God said if he didn't raise the money, he'd die. This was on the national news tonight.

I had forgotten. Way back when, when he was healin' and bringing back people from the dead and , he called out for money for his university, because God said if he didn't raise the money, he'd die. This was on the national news tonight.

Another religious folly to ponder.

I thought it was cool when I heard The Dreamliner took off, when I saw the video I was a little alarmed at the shape (or flex?) Of the wings as it took off.

I think I am gonna let others be a test dummy on that. I am sure plastics are just as strong as metal, but those wings look like they might snap off at any moment.

I just wanted to get others' opinion on this: are Snuggies a shame to the human race?

I vote yes.

That and the Twilight book series.

The Snuggy is the pinnacle of human achievement. Even if we unlock the secrets of cold fusion and interstellar space travel, we will always look back at the Snuggy as the invention that marked humankind's peak.

And, say what you will about Twilight, it's made a ton of money off stupid teenage girls. My wife downloaded the movie and couldn't make it through the first twenty minutes without turning it off. It's the cinematic equivalent of Epicac, but hey, teenage girls are well known for their love of bulemia.

• 3 weeks later...

God... how time makes one realize how much they miss something from their past. An exgf of mine, Sangeeta, is in town for the weekend... and she's just like how when we split up. Now she's talking about kids!

Edited by LTAWACS

The thread about inmates being released to poor neighborhoods reminded me of some articles I have been reading lately on NPR.

Part 1:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=122725771

Chew is like one of more than a half-million inmates sitting in America's jails — not because they're dangerous or a threat to society or because a judge thinks they will run. It's not even because they are guilty; they haven't been tried yet.

They are here because they can't make bail — sometimes as little as $50. Some will wait behind bars for as long as a year before their cases make it to court. And it will cost taxpayers $9 billion this year to house them.

Part 2:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=122725819

Edited by N Judah

God... how time makes one realize how much they miss something from their past. An exgf of mine, Sangeeta, is in town for the weekend... and she's just like how when we split up. Now she's talking about kids!

I had a revelation today in some thread where you posted about time travel ... or something. Does your name mean Lt. like the rank, and AWACS, as in you fly big radar planes? I am a complete moron. I never understood how Red got 'lieutenant ay-wacks' out of your screen name until now. Ugh.

ps, have the kids with the ex. Gotta have them with someone, right? Just don't take them out in public until they stop honking and yelling. Too many screeching children in public.

I had a revelation today in some thread where you posted about time travel ... or something. Does your name mean Lt. like the rank, and AWACS, as in you fly big radar planes? I am a complete moron. I never understood how Red got 'lieutenant ay-wacks' out of your screen name until now. Ugh.

I vaguely remember reading about LTAWACS doing something with planes or the military or something, but in my mind I always read it as pronounced as "Le-Twacks". Don't ask why. mellow.gif