Anything You Want

gwilson

:( I look forward to no fun whatsoever. Massive project meltdown at the office. Awoke this morning to flooded front yard and

busted water main. Having house torn up for floor refinishing next week. Various moo social obligations next two weekends.

Officially arriving at middle-age hag status next month. Now I understand why people keep a bottle of scotch in their desk drawer. For suck times like this. And to top it off, I feel wrong to complain when friends like Niche don't even have jobs, much less an office stash.

Whew. Rant over. Thx for listening.

Excellent! And luckily, the anticipated buzz happens not to interfere with my schedule for MEPS. I look forward to meeting you and Portent.

What an honor - and, the pleasure will be all mine. Exciting, like a masquerade ball...Hmm...I wonder if that's really her?...

I enjoy anonymity, but I have been revealed on occassion...

sad.gif I look forward to no fun whatsoever. Massive project meltdown at the office. Awoke this morning to flooded front yard and

busted water main. Having house torn up for floor refinishing next week. Various moo social obligations next two weekends.

Officially arriving at middle-age hag status next month. Now I understand why people keep a bottle of scotch in their desk drawer. For suck times like this. And to top it off, I feel wrong to complain when friends like Niche don't even have jobs, much less an office stash.

Crunch, why would you look forward to no fun at all? Life's little personal earthquakes remind us of fond times gone by, when optimists were burned at the stake, prohibition was established, or the tender beginnings of the French Inquisition. Ahh... yes, I join you in your lamentalas' - we can only dream, in this day, of stoning innocent people just because we can, or trampling the valuables of peasants with the righteous fury of our chariots!!... God!! What have we come to in this day & time...( Man with head on table, pounds it with his fist, and blubbers...). Are you laughing yet? YEEESS! Have a scotch m'lady - then toast yourself in the mirror - knowing that the middle ages, are much better than the dark ages! Have one for me too, and hope your day becomes bright!

:( I look forward to no fun whatsoever. Massive project meltdown at the office. Awoke this morning to flooded front yard and

Tell me about it. This has been the month from hell. You never see it coming and then you hit the week when the entire world changes. Just keep humming the old song "What have I, what have I, what have I done to deserve this?"

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having an all day BBQ on the 20th. All are welcome, BYOB. I'll be the skinny white arch intern dude on the grill.

205 Riley Ln. 77002

Fair warning: Most of the folks there will be from the South Texas College of Law and the development was done by Tricon.

So, where's the beef?! Hmmm...

Did anyone else go? Pics?

...just sampling a little liquor...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XZWEEm6xZvU

The girls all get prettier at closing time! Nice hair, pretty face, cool song.... Tahink I'vve haad aliittle liquuer too, two,... also...ZIN!!!

What were all those people doing outside at Uptown Park this morning between 10 and 11? Easter parade? Celebrity idiot sighting?

Personal appearance 20th, sorry if we interrupted your commute.

• 3 weeks later...

The new KFC Double Down "sandwich":

Greatest idea ever?

Or simply the greatest sandwich ever?

Discuss.

I thought the same thing when I saw the commercial. The first KFC I went to said they were starting to make it the next day so I had to go to another location. I got the original recipe and was VERY dissappointed. It looks delicous on tv, soso in person, and not that great in the mouth. I think it may have been b/c of some sauce they put on it, or maybe it's just too much chicken.

Great in theory, too bad not so in real life.

Not just chicken.

It's fried chicken.

Actually it is probably 5% chicken. The rest is cooking oil, MSG, Polysorbate, monodiethinal, polybutylnitrate, plus all of the hormones and antibiotics that they pump into the chickens.

Very creative idea! I'm a bison eater, so it doesn't appeal to me, however I am tempted to try it for 2 reasons:

1. It is so creative, and looks really, really good in the photos.

2. I was overwhelmed when Flinch retorted, "Not just chicken, fried chicken". Has a nice, Southern, down-home ring to it.

The new KFC Double Down "sandwich":

Greatest idea ever?

Or simply the greatest sandwich ever?

Discuss.

When I first saw that, I was starving already and by the end of the commercial I was on the verge of drooling. Almost got the damned thing, but fortunately for my arteries, El Rey was closer.

But, I can't imagine how it would be like eating it when it is straight outta the fryer, you gotta be ready for 2nd degree burns.

Hell, I had to suspend my celebratory meal that I have when a major Islamist is killed in combat: Anything heavily loaded with bacon and/or pork.

When I first glanced at this image, I was thinking about food--specifically about foods that could possibly be better than what Attica had posted earlier. So I recognized the image as one of those awesome cheddarwurst links and began to salivate.

Damn Niche, just got back from KFC and enjoyed the Double Down. Now, we're headed back to the store for some cheddarwurst ( Slobber ) links! Light the Bar-B-Q, here I come!

P.S.: Don't worry, my wife is driving...

...in defense of the Double Down... less than 600 calories...

Calories: 590

Calories from fat: 280

Total fat: 31g

Saturated fat: 10g

Trans fat: 0g

Cholesterol: 190mg

or so it is claimed. That is practically diet food, from a calorie count perspective.

The DD... the concept is so wrong, it is so right.

Such a freak show appeal... you have to try it.

I'd love to have been in the KFC research kitchen, when they came up with this one.

"Ah crap. We're out of bread. Screw it! We have bacon and cheese ... yummmm.... yummmy! WE'VE GOT A WINNER! Get marketing and advertising on the horn, ASAP!"

Being a McRib lover... I want one of these DD's... NOW!!!

Edited by BryanS