Anything You Want

gwilson

Ugh. Got banned from the WOW forums again?

Nope. Just MyBCS. Given the amount of blatant advertising and numerous "lost dog" threads...sometimes people could get away with just leaving a "smiley-based header", I thought no one would mind if I created a "What do you HATE about MyBCS" post. Then I found out relatively quickly that moderators DO exist there.

Just to show you how bad MyBCS is compared to HAIF, TexAgs.com (the sister site and owner of MyBCS) has a Houston board. Now, the Bryan-College Station board is significantly better than this, but the Houston board is particularly pathetic.

I have an idea...and I know it's bad, but maybe some medical professional who knows more than me can come say it's not a big deal.

Every year when it warms up, I start to whine about the heat. I don't like whining, but I don't like being hot and sweaty so i can't help it. I've noticed that my dad and step-father-in-law, who are both on blood pressure meds, are now always cold because of it.

What if I get the cheapest, lowest strength blood pressure meds and take those to keep my body temp down? Again, I know this idea is probably dumb. But not being hot would be so awesome.

I have an idea...and I know it's bad, but maybe some medical professional who knows more than me can come say it's not a big deal.

Every year when it warms up, I start to whine about the heat. I don't like whining, but I don't like being hot and sweaty so i can't help it. I've noticed that my dad and step-father-in-law, who are both on blood pressure meds, are now always cold because of it.

What if I get the cheapest, lowest strength blood pressure meds and take those to keep my body temp down? Again, I know this idea is probably dumb. But not being hot would be so awesome.

Have you run this idea past your wife? Temporarily elevated blood pressure is important for certain activities.

Maybe you could try being a blood donor instead.

• Like 1

Have you run this idea past your wife? Temporarily elevated blood pressure is important for certain activities.

Maybe you could try being a blood donor instead.

I give blood every 8 weeks, almost to the day. In fact I'm going today. Still hot. Good point on certain activities, testing might be required before any idiotic commitment is made.

I give blood every 8 weeks, almost to the day. In fact I'm going today. Still hot. Good point on certain activities, testing might be required before any idiotic commitment is made.

Cheers and applause to blood donors. It's a humble act with heroic results.

Cheers and applause to blood donors. It's a humble act with heroic results.

It's also really easy, a productive way to get your masochism fix in, and you get free snacks! I have other theories about giving someone else my cholesterol so I can make new fresh blood, but I can't prove anything there. I just know my last 3 total cholesterol results have been 163, 162, and 162, and I eat more animals than most people.

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know what type of trees surround the black water feature at this Rice U. building? You can see them at the 1:42 mark.

My internet connection is almost dead so I can't look at the video but it looks like possibly cypress

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else mix coke and dr pepper? It's way better that way. I've been doing it since I was 11 or 12, when BK and McD's starting having the places you fill your own drink. No, I don't mix them out of the can or 2/3 liter, just where you make your own fountain drink. I alter the ratio, sometimes more coke, sometimes more dp. Excellent. Not that I drink soft drinks once a week these days, just wondering who else out there might be weird.

Does anyone else mix coke and dr pepper? It's way better that way. I've been doing it since I was 11 or 12, when BK and McD's starting having the places you fill your own drink. No, I don't mix them out of the can or 2/3 liter, just where you make your own fountain drink. I alter the ratio, sometimes more coke, sometimes more dp. Excellent. Not that I drink soft drinks once a week these days, just wondering who else out there might be weird.

I like to mix mustard and ketchup as a dip for my fries. I'm not sure if that's weird, but I'm the only one I know who does it.

I like to mix mustard and ketchup as a dip for my fries. I'm not sure if that's weird, but I'm the only one I know who does it.

While overseas we never had cokes in our club, so the mixed drinks were mixed with what ever they had, a root beer and rum or bourbon is not what I call a great choice, I think that is what made me drink more beer in the following years afterwards.

• 1 month later...

Anyone have extra or leftover Euros that they want to exchange with me? I just wanted some to start out with. Maybe like 20-30 Euros(as of today it is 1.37 U.S dollar for 1 Euro). We can do a fair exchange. I will be leaving for Europe in October. Thanks.

Edited by nba4you

• 3 months later...

Moving back to LA. Mixed feelings on that. We'll miss a lot of things about this place, but we're also looking forward to being home around family. Grocery prices and availability here are awesome. As much as we talk about it, the traffic here is heaven compared to Baton Rouge, what with the planned freeways and such. I enjoyed being a minority for a while, I know I will find it annoying to be among so many other Louisianians who all think basically the same way.

In general they think like conservative talk radio. Guns and freedom and what not. But I guess I was also alluding to the sports scene, where it is 100% LSU and Saints all the way. It's been fun here being one of the few pulling for them, but when I'm there it feels like it's totally overdone, all the time. I like walking amongst the aggies and horns, at least in recent years when we've had more success.

In general they think like conservative talk radio. Guns and freedom and what not. But I guess I was also alluding to the sports scene, where it is 100% LSU and Saints all the way. It's been fun here being one of the few pulling for them, but when I'm there it feels like it's totally overdone, all the time. I like walking amongst the aggies and horns, at least in recent years when we've had more success.

Sounds like College Station...albeit with pine trees and some black people.

Moving back to LA. Mixed feelings on that. We'll miss a lot of things about this place, but we're also looking forward to being home around family. Grocery prices and availability here are awesome. As much as we talk about it, the traffic here is heaven compared to Baton Rouge, what with the planned freeways and such. I enjoyed being a minority for a while, I know I will find it annoying to be among so many other Louisianians who all think basically the same way.

Soooo....

Selling the casa?

Please. Webster is SOOO....suburb.