Anything You Want

gwilson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It makes you wonder who really controls content.

Posters volunteer their time to contribute content. They ultimately control content. If they all leave, you are left with a shell of a forum once was. This also reminds me of Editor's story of how the forum came about in the first place; he put it online and checked back a few months later to see it had created a life of it's own. I guess if your not careful the reverse is true as well.

Personally I think this is one of the best if not the best local forum, despite the lack of architecture talk (which in itself is a blessing in disguisehappy.gif). Thanks for your time and efforts Editor, you walk a fine line.

Without bumping my thread about Auchan, I found out the big building on the corner of Beechnut and Beltway 8 was not Auchan. I think it was at the corner of Elmsworth and Beltway 8. What say you?

I say . . .

Posters volunteer their time to contribute content. They ultimately control content. If they all leave, you are left with a shell of a forum once was. This also reminds me of Editor's story of how the forum came about in the first place; he put it online and checked back a few months later to see it had created a life of it's own. I guess if your not careful the reverse is true as well.

Personally I think this is one of the best if not the best local forum, despite the lack of architecture talk (which in itself is a blessing in disguisehappy.gif). Thanks for your time and efforts Editor, you walk a fine line.

I think the membership is large enough that even if a few key member decide to take a permanent break, there is still plenty of active members to compensate. This recent announcement and honor of being the best local website should ensure a continuous flow of new postings.

I think the membership is large enough that even if a few key member decide to take a permanent break, there is still plenty of active members to compensate.

Yes.. let's go frolic in IronTiger's thought provoking threads.

I'm sorry, but this forum is better with Niche, Red, and Meme contributing.

My HAIF cards just came in the mail! biggrin.gif

It's going to take a while to distribute them.

Just do what I do; whenever you go out, just place a stack of 10 - 20 in pubs that allow other patrons to do the same like maple leaf.

I'm sorry, but this forum is better with Niche, Red, and Meme contributing.

Agreed. Actually, I could have done without meme's recent reappearance to gripe about why he left. I'll try to remember him for the old days (way back in 2008).

I am sorry that this has not been resolved.

My HAIF cards just came in the mail! biggrin.gif

It's going to take a while to distribute them.

i placed twenty cards in our company kitchen on friday and all but five were gone by the end of the day. i think the kids from marketing must have taken a liking to them.

What is up with some Texans' extreme opposition to chili with beans? I'm as carnivore as they come, but I'm pro-bean. Chili with beans (with cheese and peppers on top) is a real meal. Chili without beans is a hot dog topping.

there's a whole thread on this somewhere which morphed off of a chili recipe i posted.

here it is.

What is up with some Texans' extreme opposition to chili with beans? I'm as carnivore as they come, but I'm pro-bean. Chili with beans (with cheese and peppers on top) is a real meal. Chili without beans is a hot dog topping.

I agree to an extent. As in, I even like my chili-cheese dog topping to be Wolf Brand w/ beans.

Beans just make the chili better. Unless they're lima beans or green beans, that would be strange.

I take my chili with the beans, without the meat.

Never really gotten to like beans in anything. In fact, I don't like beans at all to such an extreme, that my family forced me to turn in my "Mexican" card.

I just read about RedScare, and TheNiche, and Editor, and memebag. I am sad. I hope they (can) come back, I will miss their insightful voices.

Something about the situation reminds me of Vachel Lindsay's elegiac 1919 poem "Bryan, Bryan, Bryan, Bryan" about William Jennings Bryan and the defeat of populism (what we would call liberalism today) at the turn of the last century. Here are the last few stanzas.

Where is McKinley, Mark Hanna's McKinley,

His slave, his echo, his suit of clothes?

Gone to join the shadows, with the pomps of that time,

And the flame of that summer's prairie rose.

Where is Cleveland whom the Democratic platform

Read from the party in a glorious hour,

Gone to join the shadows with pitchfork Tillman,

And sledge-hammer Altgeld who wrecked his power.

Where is Hanna, bulldog Hanna.

Low-browed Hanna, who said: “Stand pat”?

Gone to his place with old Pierpont Morgan.

Gone somewhere... with lean rat Platte.

Where is Roosevelt, the young dude cowboy,

Who hated Bryan, then aped his way?

Gone to join the shadows with mighty Cromwell

And tall King Saul, till the Judgment day.

Where is Altgeld, brave as the truth,

Whose name the few still say with tears?

Gone to join the ironies with Old John Brown,

Whose fame rings loud for a thousand years.

Where is that boy, that Heaven-born Bryan,

That Homer Bryan, who sang for the West?

Gone to join the shadows with Altgeld the Eagle,

Where the kings and the slaves and the troubadours rest.

I don't MIND my chili with beans, I just prefer it not to have them. If it does have them, I prefer black beans, but that is rare and hard to find.

Chili... beans... cheese... peppers...

Lord, have mercy.

It may be good going down, but... you're gonna pay dearly for that later...

Chili... beans... cheese... peppers...

Lord, have mercy.

It may be good going down, but... you're gonna pay dearly for that later...

That's my wife's problem. And I have a baby to blame on the smells...do it all the time. She's cute so she can get away with it.

That's my wife's problem. And I have a baby to blame on the smells...do it all the time. She's cute so she can get away with it.

I have a baby and a dog. The worst thing about it, when I blame it on one of them, it usually is one of them.

I just read about RedScare, and TheNiche, and Editor, and memebag. I am sad. I hope they (can) come back, I will miss their insightful voices.

Something about the situation reminds me of Vachel Lindsay's elegiac 1919 poem "Bryan, Bryan, Bryan, Bryan" about William Jennings Bryan and the defeat of populism (what we would call liberalism today) at the turn of the last century. Here are the last few stanzas.

Vachel Lindsay quoted on HAIF - will wonders never cease. You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. B)

Archived