George R. Brown Convention Center Redevelopment, Office Building & W Hotel

Sunstar

jmitch94 you are correct. It has been floated around and their hope was to entice a developer to build the hotel, but nothing has come to fruition as of yet, but at some point they want to build a hotel on top of the new structure.

• Like 1

^^^ i am really surprised that they could not acquire / entice the OMNI brand to return to downtown houston.  they have a very viable presence in downtown dallas per se, with their new state of the art and very LED liberated building.  a hotel connected to the GRB should make TONS of money.... correct??

• Like 1

So sad for the parking lot owners that have been charging so much for events downtown, once this is complete, they'll have a hard time giving away spaces.

I hope so, then parking lots will be less profitable to hold on to and the owners will try to build something there

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The photos, everyone has submitted, are truly superb. I, fortunately,was able to drive around downtown and look at the different projects today, but pics do these buildings no justice... you have to see them up close. AMAZING!

Edited by HOUCAJUN
  • Like 1

The photos, everyone has submitted, are truly superb. I, fortunately,was able to drive around downtown and look at the different projects today, but pics do these buildings no justice... you have to see them up close. AMAZING!

agreed!!!!!!!!!!! the city is looking amazing!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

^^^ heck, i am still WONDERING about the proposed hotel component that is / was supposed to sit atop the 10-story PARTNERSHIP TOWER? anyone harbor any insight? what on earth happened to this proposal?

There ain't no more AWL MONEY BOY! That and we don't want no gays and their CHILD MOLESTING conventions in our God fearing city! YEE HAW!

BAFLRD9.gif

• Like 5