George R. Brown Convention Center Redevelopment, Office Building & W Hotel

Sunstar

• 2 weeks later...

It's not like they aren't working.  All day long they have vehicles driving around and doing things, and a fairly steady line of concrete trucks have been going to the site.  I know it doesn't look like they are making a lot of progress, but they are certainly active.  I guess what they are doing is just not very visible.

Does anyone know what those three things that look like drilling rigs are doing?  They've been there for weeks.

It's not like they aren't working.  All day long they have vehicles driving around and doing things, and a fairly steady line of concrete trucks have been going to the site.  I know it doesn't look like they are making a lot of progress, but they are certainly active.  I guess what they are doing is just not very visible.

Does anyone know what those three things that look like drilling rigs are doing?  They've been there for weeks.

They are drilling foundation pilings...

http://haywardbaker.com/WhatWeDo/Techniques/StructuralSupport/DrilledShafts/default.aspx

• Like 2

Yeah that's been ongoing for a little while now. They are lowering the ground floor and opening the entrance way a bit higher for buses on the south side (there is a bus station/terminal/pick up drop off thing in the new garage on the north side too)

Correct. This is central to the plan to change the configuration of ADLA. There will be no room for bus drop offs on the street. But, they still need bus drop off locations for conventioneers. Modifications to the South garage were needed for buses and the plans for the north garage already encompass the needed bus infrastructure.

• Like 1