Hess Tower: Office Skyscraper At 1501 McKinney St.

Ethanra

These are great results. I think the City of Houston needs to take a volume-based approach to these little Discovery Green-size parks. Eminent domain the living crap out of anything they can near the city center and future LRT stops. Then put as many as they can until they can no longer be projected to pay for themselves.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like they may be installing them right now. I'm sitting in my office (One Houston Center) watching the crane lift long white objects (turbine blades?) from on top of the parking garage. There's about 10 or 15 of these white objects on top of the garage right now, and they've been lifting them for a while. They may not be blades, but rather some component of the roof or something....not sure. The picture I tried to take with my blackberry isn't able to zoom in close enough. Sorry!

It looks like they may be installing them right now. I'm sitting in my office (One Houston Center) watching the crane lift long white objects (turbine blades?) from on top of the parking garage. There's about 10 or 15 of these white objects on top of the garage right now, and they've been lifting them for a while. They may not be blades, but rather some component of the roof or something....not sure. The picture I tried to take with my blackberry isn't able to zoom in close enough. Sorry!

For god's sake, grab a camera from somewhere. :)

guys - looks like a false alarm on the turbine blades. These look like pipes, not blades. Apologies if anybody got excited.

I guess its just me. From Jax photo, it looks like the turbines are already installed, well most of it. Don't expect to see "blades" because the turbines going in are much different from the usual wind turbines.

I just hope that the turbines, no matter how they rotate will be visible on top of DT. I want to see them move!

You know what'll stink is if they perform like some of the west Texas turbines, when you drive by and they're not even spinning, haha :(

;P

Maybe they'll use the grid to keep them always going...just for show.

You know what'll stink is if they perform like some of the west Texas turbines, when you drive by and they're not even spinning, haha :(

;P

Maybe they'll use the grid to keep them always going...just for show.

Yeah, those west texas wind turbines are so spotty when it comes to working.

just for show would be cool... all the time is better than sometimes like the uptown waterwall exterior...either you're on all the time or not at all!

be just my luck trying to show off DT in the future and someone says, "I don't see any wind turbines moving, you're full of crap!"

Edited by fatesdisastr

• 2 weeks later...