Hess Tower: Office Skyscraper At 1501 McKinney St.

Ethanra

Here are the photos I promised.

Heading towards the game, I snapped a quick photo and noticed something strange:

P1000624.jpg

Didn't think much of it until I drove right past it looking for a parking lot and spotted this truck:

P1000625.jpg

THAT got my attention and started paying attention, so I looked up:

P1000627.jpg

That's when I realized they were actually bring it down! I guess they already installed the turbines and we missed it.

P1000632.jpg

Guess all that is left is mostly the interior stuff, except for the front, which needs quite a bit of work.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow from that angle you can really see right through the building. ohmy.gif

This wind turbine suspense is killing me, are they even going to put them in? That would really suck if they just dropped that part of the building for whatever reason.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it's supposed to power like 10% of the building or something.

Well, I finally saw a good portion of them spinning last night, with that and the lighting it up at night, it definitely is a welcome addition to that portion of the skyline. I do have to wonder what power they are capable of producing.

I also noticed that I could see them spinning last night when I was driving down the 45 home from Hobby. Pretty cool. Yeah it probably doesn't generate a significant amount of power but it looks pretty cool. I'd like to see the actual power generation numbers.

I also noticed that I could see them spinning last night when I was driving down the 45 home from Hobby. Pretty cool. Yeah it probably doesn't generate a significant amount of power but it looks pretty cool. I'd like to see the actual power generation numbers.

A comment on Swamplot put it at about 1%...definitely more for looks and PR than anything else.

I just noticed them spinning for the first time today. I guess I should turn my chair around more often. Let's hope that one of these many rainstorms of late doesn't short something out.

This building has turned out amazingly accurate to the renderings.

please don't tell me this building is complete. I'm pretty disappointed on how architecturally uninspiring this building is. Even the lighting at night is very bland looking, although the wind turbines look cool while spinning at night. It would look cooler if they lit up the crown in a different color other than boring white. Kind of like the Memorial Herman building in the Medical Center that changes color inside its crown. Downtown needs some buildings like that.