Hess Tower: Office Skyscraper At 1501 McKinney St.

Ethanra

That is one bigaz garage. I hope there's retail on the ground level.

I can see the construction from my desk and I keep looking for a tree to appear. Thanks for the latest floor count. Do you think they'll put a tree topper after 29th floor is finished or after the turbine structure is complete?

That is one bigaz garage. I hope there's retail on the ground level.

I can see the construction from my desk and I keep looking for a tree to appear. Thanks for the latest floor count. Do you think they'll put a tree topper after 29th floor is finished or after the turbine structure is complete?

I believe the tradition is for it to be on the highest structural element.

Maybe it depends on who's answering the question. What's the better revenue generator? A condo bldg at 50% occupancy with half of those a bad debt bubble, or an undeveloped block with an income stream.

??? Nobody is talking about a condo building here... whatever the occupancy level. We're talking here about an office building. 100% occupied, at that.

??? Nobody is talking about a condo building here... whatever the occupancy level. We're talking here about an office building. 100% occupied, at that.

I think it was in reference to Discovery Tower's nearest neighbor, One Park Place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They did not add another floor this week, so it must be at the top floor. I guess they'll start with the turbine structure now. I'll keep my eyes out for when it's treed. The glass appears to be over halfway installed.

• Like 1

For some reason when I look at DT, I want something bigger and more modern. Maybe the structure holding the wind turbines will add something, but it's still pretty boring.

What do you mean? Do you feel its location(Next to DG) demands a bolder design, or you don't like modern architecture in general?

Sure it's a glass box with wind turbines on top, but i've always liked a modern feel, and i think that area of Downtown needs modern buildings. And im happy this is even getting built. All thanks to a park!

What do you mean? Do you feel its location(Next to DG) demands a bolder design, or you don't like modern architecture in general?

Sure it's a glass box with wind turbines on top, but i've always liked a modern feel, and i think that area of Downtown needs modern buildings. And im happy this is even getting built. All thanks to a park!

Perhaps he means something with a more meaningful design... something more international... twisty... curvy... offset somehow... anything but a box. Yet another box. Argh.

Oh and another thing... Discovery tower seems to bring to mind something to discovery... something inspiring... what's inspiring about a box? Nothing. Not windmills... not trees on top... not fancy lights. Nothing.

• Like 1