Hess Tower: Office Skyscraper At 1501 McKinney St.

Ethanra

Nice night shots again.

Does anyone know if the reason why DT is going up so much faster than MainPlace is because DT already has the entire building leased out? MainPlace has some, but not nearly all, right? And if so, are they just taking their time with construction to buy theirselves time to find some more tenants?

Nice night shots again.

Does anyone know if the reason why DT is going up so much faster than MainPlace is because DT already has the entire building leased out? MainPlace has some, but not nearly all, right? And if so, are they just taking their time with construction to buy theirselves time to find some more tenants?

I would guess that Main Place is just larger and more complicated to build.

I'd really like to know this, as well.

Nice night shots again.

I agree, low light photos with a nice camera/tripod setup look amazing.

Great photos.

Nice night shots again.

I would guess that Main Place is just larger and more complicated to build.

M guess as well. Take into consideration that Mainplace has a much larger footprint, and a combined garage element (sloping floors integration of foot traffic patterns and vertical transportations for both elements), and has just gotten to the point recently where the concrete structural buildout is a repetitive floorplan, where as Discovery Tower has been a repetitive floor plan all along.

And great night photos as well. I could see these framed, hanging in the common areas of Discovery Tower... never know... keep up with the artsy, it works.

M guess as well. Take into consideration that Mainplace has a much larger footprint, and a combined garage element (sloping floors integration of foot traffic patterns and vertical transportations for both elements), and has just gotten to the point recently where the concrete structural buildout is a repetitive floorplan, where as Discovery Tower has been a repetitive floor plan all along.

And great night photos as well. I could see these framed, hanging in the common areas of Discovery Tower... never know... keep up with the artsy, it works.

I think that's a very logical explanation. I suspect we will see it start to rise at a faster pace now.

Ooops, this is the DG thread, not MP. :blush:

Edited by rsb320

• 2 weeks later...

I was driving down the north freeway yesterday and noticed that Disco Tower is REALLY visible in the skyline. There is no mistaking it or overlooking it. It was pretty cool. Thought I'd throw that out there. At the north loop and the north frwy, it's directly in front of you.

I'm not sure we've seen this particular rendering, but I could be wrong.

Check out the skybridge going to some(no)where.

discovery_tower_houston_pirages281108.jpg

Skybridge to 5 Houston Center, from the Disco Tower website.

birdeye_view.jpg

Does anyone know if this skybridge is planned? Or Cancelled maybe?

I know the tower is almost topped out but, they still have time to add a skybridge.

Skybridge to 5 Houston Center, from the Disco Tower website.

birdeye_view.jpg

Does anyone know if this skybridge is planned? Or Cancelled maybe?

I know the tower is almost topped out but, they still have time to add a skybridge.

Nice, it goes somewhere that makes sense now.

birdeye_view.jpg

On the Garage

does anybody know if the "vines" on the garage are just an embellishment for this rendering..

or is are they really going to plant them on it.

It would look really cool, and go with the whole "green" thing going on.

From the picture that capture the garage i don't really see the space for this, so

does anybody have any more garage pictures and or know if this is gonna happen.

and the glass is awesome on Disco/Hess Tower!