The Astoria: Condominium High-Rise At 1405 Post Oak Blvd.

wxman

This building is 1405 Post Oak so it would be assigned to: Briargrove, Grady, and Lee/Lamar/Westside. I wonder how many families live in the supertall condominium buildings, or what kinds of bus stops are around them.

Having a McDonalds that is 24 hour can be golden after a night out when you are starving at 3am, along with an iHop, and a place that serves giant slices of pizza on a paper plate.

I wonder how many starving, inebriated multi-millionaires will be hitting the drive through at 3am? Sounds like fun, though.

I hear that this location is testing a new cut of French Fry. "Ferrari Fries" in an effort to attract all these folks.

Edited by UtterlyUrban

Do you think those trees in the top right pictures next to the sidewalk will be history once they widen the boulevard? What will become of the arches/street lights & signs? Sorry - Off topic I know, but based on how this building is set back to perhaps plan for the impeding widening, it looks like a lot of things will have to be remade to fit the wider street.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someone educate me.....

Why does this building not have a required setback from the surface parking lot? Are setbacks required in Houston? How big are they required to be?

You are allowed to build up to the property line, no setbacks required, as long as you have a 2hr fire rated wall- which means no windows. If you want windows you need a setback.

My guess is the parking garage will be a block wall along the parking lot, and then the building will set back to allow for windows for the condos.

• Like 1