There's about 3.5 million square office space being constructed Downtown (800 Bell renovation, 609 Main, 6 Houston Center, Capitol Tower), and we have yet to hear of any tenants to fill up this space. I think some progress on that front will need to be made before One Market Square happens.

Chevron's tower is a different animal and is subject to Chevron's plans. I suspect it will be constructed given that Chevron purchased an additional block Downtown that may serve as a laydown site.

I'm very suspicions on Chevron will build that tower.  A friend of mine just move here from San Francisco and has 3 years to retire works for Chevron.  He leased the Rice Lofts and loves it.  He said no word on the tower that Chevron will build, he works in number 2 building.  I hope this is not a dream that will not be built. 

Looks like the Chronicle has answered our question about how much rebar (4000 tons):

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/2014/08/609-main-by-the-numbers/

• 21 1/2 hours: Time it took to pour the mat. The pour started at 7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 23, and finished at 4:30 p.m. Sunday.
  • 180 trucks: The trucks worked in continuous rotation to deliver nearly 1,400 loads of concrete.
  • 10 minutes: The approximate time it took for each truck to unload.
  • 6 pumper trucks: Used to distribute the concrete.
  • 13,810 cubic yards: Total amount of concrete.
  • 9-feet: Depth of the concrete mat.
  • 4,000 tons:  Amount of rebar used.

• Like 1

I'm very suspicions on Chevron will build that tower. A friend of mine just move here from San Francisco and has 3 years to retire works for Chevron. He leased the Rice Lofts and loves it. He said no word on the tower that Chevron will build, he works in number 2 building. I hope this is not a dream that will not be built.

I would love to live in the Rice Lofts! I was just looking up the rent online, and unfortunately I'm poor haha

I really want that chevron tower to be built if not only because it would actually alter the "face" of our skyline.

Looks like the Chronicle has answered our question about how much rebar (4000 tons):

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/2014/08/609-main-by-the-numbers/

When I saw the 609 Main pour story and photo in today's (Tuesday's) dead trees Chron, I was reminded of the supposed slogan of a newsroom a friend used to work in:

"Yesterday's news tomorrow!!"