SoDo On Main: Multifamily At 1625 Main St.

lockmat

• 2 weeks later...

Going to keep my eye on the parking lot north of the Metro station on Oxblue construction cam . When it clears it will mean the Fairfield residential is on the move.It will make the 7th residential building in close proximity to each other in the downtown.

It will make a huge impact on the area. I was standing on that lot tonight and looking around it is a canyon surrounded by development. I love the view of exponentially and the chevron buildings from this lot.

• 2 weeks later...

I was working at majestic metro yesterday and there were so many people downtown, it felt alive. Went to Franks after work at about 1am and the line went all the way to the back of the building. This is great considering most of the residential projects are not finished yet. The more people that live there, the more people that want to live there. 

• Like 1

I was working at majestic metro yesterday and there were so many people downtown, it felt alive. Went to Franks after work at about 1am and the line went all the way to the back of the building. This is great considering most of the residential projects are not finished yet. The more people that live there, the more people that want to live there. 

It is so incredibly hard to find parking on the streets now at night, which I would have never thought would be a reality just a few years ago. I went by the the majestic too... is that permanently open now? They had a cool 1920s style car in front on Friday. And the Christian's Tailgate with the giant projector is pretty cool.. that's where I had dinner on Friday. Must say, downtown is absolutely alive right now in the historic district and these new residential projects near there haven't even opened yet!

Edited by Triton
  • Like 2

It is so incredibly hard to find parking on the streets now at night, which I would have never thought would be a reality just a few years ago. I went by the the majestic too... is that permanently open now? They had a cool 1920s style car in front on Friday. And the Christian's Tailgate with the giant projector is pretty cool.. that's where I had dinner on Friday. Must say, downtown is absolutely alive right now in the historic district and these new residential projects near there haven't even opened yet!

Truth. This is me looking for a spot near my destination:

kqV1s.gif

• Like 3

Majestic is a banquet hall now. 

• Like 1

was talking to one of the managers and he told me they only have one year from the skyhouse to get the entire thing built. If they take over a year then they get in trouble and have to pay, and whatever days they finish early they get a bonus. the industrial look inside makes it much easier for them to build and wished more people designed their high rises like that

• Like 3

I don't see a SkyHouse 4 for some time, if ever. The pattern was generally to announce the next SkyHouse part way through construction of the current one and move the construction crew from the current project over to the next tower. This one will be done soon without a follow up on the boards.. These guys are efficient. If they wanted a 4th one in Houston they would of been ready to build it when their crew was finishing up the current one. All that aside, I'd like to see the 3rd design that we haven't gotten yet.. Memorial City or Midtown/Museum District..

• Like 4

So the construction is set at a year? That's interesting, though all construction projects, big or small, have set allocated times and rewards or fees for the amount of time used.

yes they only have a year, they rotate their workers in and out. They have it down to a nail. One floor every 4 days