Midtown Restaurant And Bar Scene - More Coming

WestGrayGuy

• 2 weeks later...

There is a sign/ad up at the old Fuzzy's location for 8000 sqft multi-tenant living coming soon. I didn't catch the realtor name nor am I sure on the exact location. If its Fuzzy's it will be interesting to see if they took up the old lot as well with structure and include a structure for parking.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, cspwal said:

Hasn't everyone wanted to see more parking lots filled with sparkling BMWs, with the addition of more garages and less opportunities for built up residential or retail spots?

Personally, I am happy to see vibrant businesses of all types.  There is a lot of land in midtown and some if it is getting turned into residential.  A few successful, reputable new car dealerships that bring lots of good jobs for skilled maintenance technicians, salespeople, managers, and admin folks to midtown cause me no issues. My guess is that the local eateries love it too --- more folks to come over for lunch.  

• Like 2

Speaking of residential, a development sign finally went up on the lot on the southeast corner of La Branch and Elgin.

unnamed.jpg

UPDATE 7/19/17: Per the Houston Permitting site, 4 residents have building permits now (Assuming this is 3203-3211 La Branch).

UPDATE 7/20/17: But not sexy enough for a new post. They broke ground on this yesterday apparently.

Edited by corbs315
update 2
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2017 at 8:41 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

From Houstonia:

Holman Draft Hall: Following the recent debut of dual-concepts Heights Bier Garten and Worcester’s Annex, the Kirby Group will roll out another bar project soon in Midtown. Details remain under wraps, but patrons can expect a variety of beers, wines, and cocktails on the menu.

https://www.houstoniamag.com/articles/2017/5/1/houston-restaurants-to-get-excited-for

• Like 3

14 hours ago, tigereye said:

Wow!!! I literally rode my bike past this one a few hours ago and was about to ask if anyone knew what this was going to be. There's a bunch of toilets and debris that looks like it was removed from the building. Great location across the street from MidMain and MATCH! Wow, Midtown is becoming the beer garden Mecca of Houston! (Axelrad, under the radar, woosters, beer market company, this one!)

On 10/27/2015 at 3:23 PM, BeerNut said:

I live within walking distance to both beer gardens.  I can't wait for this area to be renamed the BGD(Beer Garden District).

15 hours ago, drecey said:

Wow!!! I literally rode my bike past this one a few hours ago and was about to ask if anyone knew what this was going to be. There's a bunch of toilets and debris that looks like it was removed from the building. Great location across the street from MidMain and MATCH! Wow, Midtown is becoming the beer garden Mecca of Houston! (Axelrad, under the radar, woosters, beer market company, this one!)

Looks like BGD will be a thing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2017 at 9:11 AM, corbs315 said:

2614 Caroline has a demolition permit today. Its ownership changed to Christus in May.

Does this mean yet another healthcare clinic for the area?

Almost anything would be better than the crappy labor pool thing that was there.

On 8/8/2017 at 9:11 AM, corbs315 said:

2614 Caroline has a demolition permit today. Its ownership changed to Christus in May.

Does this mean yet another healthcare clinic for the area?

On 8/9/2017 at 9:05 PM, Ross said:

Almost anything would be better than the crappy labor pool thing that was there.

Dirt is being moved on the lot down a block and across the street from this site (directly across from Weights & Measures). It's been used for an art installation for the past year or two, so I have no idea who owns the lot or what they might be doing. Anyone have insight?

3 minutes ago, phillip_white said:

Dirt is being moved on the lot down a block and across the street from this site (directly across from Weights & Measures). It's been used for an art installation for the past year or two, so I have no idea who owns the lot or what they might be doing. Anyone have insight?

I heard that that is where the construction workers for the Caroline redo are setting up camp. But I don't know much more than that. If this is the Caroline complete streets project, we sure haven't heard much about it in a while. 

6 minutes ago, corbs315 said:

I heard that that is where the construction workers for the Caroline redo are setting up camp. But I don't know much more than that. If this is the Caroline complete streets project, we sure haven't heard much about it in a while. 

Last I heard (about 6-9 months ago) that project was on hold indefinitely due to being over-budget. I might try e-mailing the MMD to see if anything has changed.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2017 at 9:25 AM, drecey said:

Beer Market should be open this week (if not already) 

Holman Draft Hall building is going to look dramatically different from its former VRSI look. Lots of windows added to the building. Can't wait to see the finished product. I'll try and get a pic tomorrow...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, tigereye said:

Holman Draft Hall building is going to look dramatically different from its former VRSI look. Lots of windows added to the building. Can't wait to see the finished product. I'll try and get a pic tomorrow...

I went to Beer Market Friday. It was great! Almost overwhelming with the number of both beers and TVs.

Edited by corbs315

On 8/22/2017 at 8:47 PM, tigereye said:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2017 at 1:30 PM, corbs315 said:

Speaking of residential, a development sign finally went up on the lot on the southeast corner of La Branch and Elgin.

unnamed.jpg

UPDATE 7/19/17: Per the Houston Permitting site, 4 residents have building permits now (Assuming this is 3203-3211 La Branch).

UPDATE 7/20/17: But not sexy enough for a new post. They broke ground on this yesterday apparently.

I know this remains not sexy, but they've made a lot of progress on these homes in the last month, particularly in the last week. Just bringing it to attention as Harvey appears to have not slowed this construction. Much of the wood frame is already complete.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...