brian0123

More coming to Midtown!

H-Town Man    2064
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 4:04 PM, Urbannizer said:

This is quite the phenomenal turn of events, considering that you have land whose highest and best use is site assemblage for a residential tower instead being used for a two-story clinic. You have to wonder if HACS acquired the land a few years ago before it was worth what it is now and has to meet a certain time target for developing these.

I am not one of those people who hates the sight of clinics and rehab centers and churches and wishes that every block of Midtown could be a microbrewery with architecture resembling a crumpled aluminum can, but it is unfortunate that this compromises the prime block on Main fronting the new park. But if land values keep going up then economics will eventually prevail, although it may be ten years from now.

• Like 1

cspwal    1870

It will be facing Fannin not Main, and hopefully it will be somewhere that the residents of Midtown can also go for annual physicals

Naviguessor    1226

I've been to medical clinics plenty of times for care and I have never lived any of those places.  But, if this is where People who do live in those places can get care, then great!  This is a big city and veryone needs access to care.  Facilities like this, as well as schools of many different levels, make the city a better place for everybody.  A welcome, and apparently necessary, addition to the neighborhood, IMO.   

• Like 3

H-Town Man    2064
1 hour ago, cspwal said:

It will be facing Fannin not Main, and hopefully it will be somewhere that the residents of Midtown can also go for annual physicals

Never said it would face Main. I said it compromises the block on Main across from the park.

cspwal    1870

Yeah losing the whole block isn't great, but the main street side could still have a nice half block development - maybe a mid-rise with retail or a restaurant with parking in the back

BeerNut    352
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:30 PM, corbs315 said:

Speaking of residential, a development sign finally went up on the lot on the southeast corner of La Branch and Elgin.

unnamed.jpg

UPDATE 7/19/17: Per the Houston Permitting site, 4 residents have building permits now (Assuming this is 3203-3211 La Branch).

UPDATE 7/20/17: But not sexy enough for a new post. They broke ground on this yesterday apparently.

Updated photo

r7MmnRe.jpg

Around the corner...

4I8fqvv.jpg

UuaqG3G.jpg

• Like 1