Midtown Restaurant And Bar Scene - More Coming

WestGrayGuy

5 hours ago, samagon said:

Greensheet brings you buyers.

That's a good slogan. So was "Let your fingers do the walking thru the Yellow Pages".

3 hours ago, terra002 said:

i dont know the last time I even picked up a green sheet. They need to just hurry up and go out of business.

I'm  mystified as to how they've lasted this long. Their main function now seems to be to provide litter at bus stops.
I do like the building, and hope it will be repurposed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2015 at 9:55 AM, phillip_white said:

1506 Truxillo.  Took me a while to confirm the location noted on Google, so they truly are "under the radar."  I'm excited that this is a 5 minute bike ride from me.

https://www.facebook.com/undertheradarbrewery/photos/pcb.423604361181339/423604251181350/?type=3&theater

Soft opening in less than two weeks.  

https://www.facebook.com/events/166474410433767/

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.khou.com/news/local/new-midtown-bar-has-historic-roots/282986372

It's usually out with the old and in with the new when it comes to decades old buildings in Houston.

But one business owner has decided to preserve a piece of history in Midtown by turning a historic house into a bar—called Sterling House.

Sterling House officially opens to the public Aug. 6.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Midtown is definitely one of the hottest neighborhoods in Houston. It's been in-demand since the early 2000's because of it's combination of nightlife, trendy restaurants, and retail shopping. We think it's the perfect place for people who love urban atmospheres!

Midtown is improving, with plans to open new shops and build new real estate, plus the addition of Midtown Park.

2 hours ago, HoustonMidtown said:

I rode through here this morning - really looks nice

What is the white building in the upper right corner of the bottom picture?  It looked like it is undergoing some rehab when I rode by

That was once a historic red brick green tile roof building and now is a disgusting club.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, terra002 said:

Juan Mon's on taft changed their sign to Cowboys and Indians. Not sure if its the same owners.  

I know back in April-May, there were new contingent owners doing a 3-month test run I believe. I don't know what came out of that, but I know he was trying to sell.

The new potential owners I met were Indian, but not the Cowboy and Indian kind!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skwatra said:

Their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Ship-Shield-311476425874783/

Weird concept. Should we take bets on if it will last longer than Barbell?

The fencing has been taken down in front of Barbell, Maybe we will see something new soon.

I just don't like themed restaurant/bars... I mean, Vikings, really?  Maybe im just sad that Byzantio closed.

my drive to work turns off la branch onto elgin street. There's those new townhouses and the mustard seed resale shop. Across from the shop, there's a vacant lot with concrete. I've noticed a couple drilling trucks there over the last week or 2. Looked up the address and it's owned by Kalan properties. 

Any ideas....?

2 hours ago, skwatra said:

I know back in April-May, there were new contingent owners doing a 3-month test run I believe. I don't know what came out of that, but I know he was trying to sell.

The new potential owners I met were Indian, but not the Cowboy and Indian kind!

Saw this sign Saturday as well.  It's a clever play on words.  Cowboys and Indians--Indo-Tex cuisine.

20 hours ago, corbs315 said:

my drive to work turns off la branch onto elgin street. There's those new townhouses and the mustard seed resale shop. Across from the shop, there's a vacant lot with concrete. I've noticed a couple drilling trucks there over the last week or 2. Looked up the address and it's owned by Kalan properties. 

Any ideas....?

Not sure, im assuming they're taking core samples. I drive past there every day as well. It would be a great location for a cafe. I feel that area has so much residential and is pretty under served. I dont know of any coffee/sandwich shops within walking distance of Baldwin park.