Regent Square: Mixed-Use On Allen Parkway At Dunlavy St.

Travel_n_Transport

Poor Regent Square- they were all set to begin construction in 2009 then the Great recession happened. Then they strategically decided to table the master plan and start with a stand-alone apartment tower missing out on a decade of boom time in Houston n which this project would have incredibly successful. Then they scale back their master plan and begin construction and then a pandemic throws the retail market into limbo. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shasta said:

Poor Regent Square- they were all set to begin construction in 2009 then the Great recession happened. Then they strategically decided to table the master plan and start with a stand-alone apartment tower missing out on a decade of boom time in Houston n which this project would have incredibly successful. Then they scale back their master plan and begin construction and then a pandemic throws the retail market into limbo. 

Maybe the developers  have something like Boston's curse of the Bambino or Chicago's curse of the billy goat. The good news, though not an expert on curses or hexes, those two curses had an expiration date. Perhaps this one does also.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, shasta said:

Not really. I mean looking at the brochure, they still have plans for block A and block C. I believe block D is the existing tower. And block B is what they’re building at the moment. The architecture changed but I think the overall scope is the same. 

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, shasta said:

Wouldn’t it be kind of a good thing to be under construction during a downturn?  If you anticipate that the market is recovering when this project delivers (in two years or so), their timing may be perfect.  Or am I missing something?

• Like 7

3 hours ago, shasta said:

Does someone have a rendering of what is being constructed now vs. the additional phases to be built out later?

Does that master plan exist?

Here is something I post in this thread last Fall I think? For those who don't want to go back several pages in the thread.

Did some quick photoshop during my break of both Hanover and GID put together.

Existing Conditions:

1tAg3ph.jpg

Full Build Out of both Develepments:

XlfMFQq.jpg

Now that is pretty incredible when you see the whole picture like this.

There you go. This is still the most updated plan. Hanover Square is what you see to the West.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luminare said:

Here is something I post in this thread last Fall I think? For those who don't want to go back several pages in the thread.

There you go. This is still the most updated plan. Hanover Square is what you see to the West.

We already know Hanover isn't playing games. I want to see Regent Square parcel A developed. That would be such a nice entry way from the bayou

• Like 2

On 1/5/2018 at 10:19 PM, Urbannizer said:

Updated brochure..still list the 40 story tower as starting soon. 

http://regentsquarehouston.com/wp-content/uploads/GID_RegentSq_Bro_US_A4.pdf

i2eSFjO.jpg

dK13pZ7.jpg

That retail packet you posted on page 23 looks like it had an updated version of this drawing (although a little cut off that is). 

HygBFVE.png

It seems to reflect the current ground plan and renderings of phase 2 pretty well, and also shows an additional high rise. It seems like those models shown on page 23 looking at regent square from allen parkway might be close to the final, if not the final plan. Hopefully there's no more changes to it, because I like the plan we have. 

• Like 9

11 hours ago, TheSirDingle said:

That retail packet you posted on page 23 looks like it had an updated version of this drawing (although a little cut off that is). 

It seems to reflect the current ground plan and renderings of phase 2 pretty well, and also shows an additional high rise. It seems like those models shown on page 23 looking at regent square from allen parkway might be close to the final, if not the final plan. Hopefully there's no more changes to it, because I like the plan we have. 

#11. The Montrose neighborhood (aka a couple of big box stores/retail strip center/dress barn), blends into Regent Square's south edge. Love it. Love the fluff.

Kind of cool the additional high rises will be a bit closer to the Driscoll on W Clay. It will expand the cluster a bit. Shame the're not fronting Allen Parkway... but at least the hotel tower is.

Those Hotel views will be the best in town. East we have the Royalton, AIG, Wortham, and all the infill in between framing Downtown. It's also just south enough for the Thompson/Gillette to not obstruct. Views to west/southwest will also be money at Uptown, Upper Kirby, and Greenway Plaza. Directly south the rising Montrose, TMC & Museum District skylines. They're practically in the center of "town". Maybe they can sell the north facing rooms as park view lol.

Curious what brand will swoop in. If they get a rooftop pool I will book a room. Or even just a bar, can we get a rooftop bar here please?

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Montrose1100 said:

Curious what brand will swoop in. If they get a rooftop pool I will book a room. Or even just a bar, can we get a rooftop bar here please?

Seconded on the request for a rooftop bar. Also, Houston desperately needs a proper day club (e.g. Hyde Beach at the SLS in Miami). 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, jgriff said:

The brochure seems to be gone. Did they already take it down?

Edit: just noticed the “updated” brochure was in a post from 2.5 years ago.

This is the brochure I was talking about. Urb posted it on may 30 2019. It as some pretty niffty information on the retail part of phase 2. 

https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/HfejZiCczGBuu1yZeTDh7L7gZ0Uz9h0MXiQNohf_wXU/document.pdf

Edited by TheSirDingle
  • Like 3