Regent Square: Mixed-Use On Allen Parkway At Dunlavy St.

Travel_n_Transport

The core drilling truck is still onsite. It's parked in the north part of the eastern lot where they store building material. Just north of that is a small fenced off section that may be future parking or storage if/when they start on future work.

ligt9zK.jpg

sQWpiAc.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/entertainment/06-25-21-flight-club-darts-houston-regent-square-2021-state-of-play/#slide=0

Sporty British pub/restaurant darts into buzzy Houston mixed-use development

A revolutionary, British dart-focused restaurant/bar/event venue is flying into a buzzy Houston mixed-use development. The bustling Allen Parkway corridor project Regent Square will welcome Flight Club, the immersive pub making waves in the U.K. and here in the U.S.

This is the first Texas Flight Club outpost, set to open late 2021. (The venue boasts a popular presence in Chicago.)

Visitors should expect a decidedly retro Brit vibe, with plush booths, semi-private gaming areas, vibrant vintage signage and decor, and a ubiquitous red phone booth in an 8,500-square-foot space.

Press materials promise a “unique social gaming experience through specially designed technology and spacious set-up,” as well as an eclectic bar program led by award-winning Peter Vestinos, plus a menu curated by acclaimed Chicago Chef Rich Gresh.

Oh, and the darts and games. Pub games and darts are central here; the space can accommodate groups of six to 400. More than 160 million darts have been thrown by some 2 million people globally since the venue launched in October 2015, per the company.

“Houston is an incredibly diverse city with vibrant food and drink scene–we are so thrilled that our first Texas location will be in this market,” said Alan Cichon, U.S. president of ownership company, State of Play. “Houston has shown the world time and time again how resilient it is, and we cannot wait to be a part of the fabric that makes up the Houston culture.”

Adding a little note that he gets it, Cichon noted, “everything is bigger in Texas, including our concept.”

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://realtynewsreport.com/regent-square-opening-600-apartment-units-near-allen-parkway/

HOUSTON – (Realty News Report) – Regent Square, a new urban infill project in Houston’s Allen Parkway Corridor, has started leasing The Sterling, a 590-unit multifamily anchor.

Regent Square, developed by GID Development Group, will reshape a total of 24 acres along prime stretches of Allen Parkway and W. Dallas Street, just steps from River Oaks, Montrose, and Buffalo Bayou Park – and within minutes of downtown, Memorial Park, and The Heights, the developer said.

At the apartments, initial move-ins will occur in December 2021. A marketing center will open at 1203 Dunlavy Street.

• Like 4

I still am shocked how much they VE'd this project from the original design and layout. This project is right up there with the downtown Embassy Suites level of ruined projects, if you ask me. maybe even worse because it will continue to get worse. It looks really bad.

It went from a collection of architecturally different buildings and interesting urban streetscapes to a cheap looking ruin of the mill monolithic apartment building . Even the retail is cheap looking..I drive by it everyday and shake my head of what could have been!

GID breaks ground on phase two of Regent Square mixed-use near Buffalo  Bayou - Houston Business Journal

Regent Square Houston | Wordsearch

Regent Square | www.huitt-zollars.com

At least we have City Center and the River Oaks district for developers that understand what quality mixed use developments are supposed to look like.

Too bad because this one has the best location and the potential to be the best new project in all of Houston. What a colossal disappointment.

In 10 years, this project will be considered so low quality that it might be well below market rate apartments.

Edited by shasta
  • Like 9

20 minutes ago, shasta said:

I still am shocked how much they VE'd this project from the original design and layout. This project is right up there with the downtown Embassy Suites level of ruined projects, if you ask me. maybe even worse because it will continue to get worse. It looks really bad.

It went from a collection of architecturally different buildings and interesting urban streetscapes to a cheap looking ruin of the mill monolithic apartment building . Even the retail is cheap looking..I drive by it everyday and shake my head of what could have been!

GID breaks ground on phase two of Regent Square mixed-use near Buffalo  Bayou - Houston Business Journal

Regent Square Houston | Wordsearch

Regent Square | www.huitt-zollars.com

At least we have City Center and the River Oaks district for developers that understand what quality mixed use developments are supposed to look like.

Too bad because this one has the best location and the potential to be the best new project in all of Houston. What a colossal disappointment.

In 10 years, this project will be considered so low quality that it might be well below market rate apartments.

While it's nothing compared to the original renders, I do feel like it fits the area, similar to how East River is going to fit better with where it's located. Not saying it wouldn't have been nice because I absolutely love brick buildings, but maybe the next phase will help tie this one in better. I don't think this is a lost cause at all though. 

• Like 2