William P. Hobby Airport

ricco67

LOL "devaluation?" Are you basing that on the article headline you read? With atleast 3000 points depending on fare/notice you can buy a one way ticket. You can't get anything on united other than stupid magazine subscriptions with anything less than 50+k points.

Points are being devalued by 16.67% in a few months. No surprise though, all frequent flier programs have gotten worse as time goes by.

If you had the Chase Explorer card it releases the SaverPass awards for less miles. You also get Premier benefits. It will be very interesting when WN flies from Hobby. By then if the merger goes through with US Airways and American Airlines. They will have 80 percent of the traffic. The new American, United, Delta, Southwest. So why should they lower fares? They don't have to.

• 1 month later...

from Cohen's enewsletter

Council approved a proposal to utilize automated passport control kiosks within the Houston Airport System. To reduce wait-time and streamline the arrival process of international passengers, the automated kiosks will collect routine data while passengers are waiting in line to be processed by a U.S. Customs & Border Patrol officer. In other major U.S. airports, such as Chicago-ORD, New York-JFK, and Dallas-DFW, this system has increased the number of passengers processed by up to 400% per officer. The program will initially be available to U.S. citizens returning from abroad to the George Bush Intercontinental Airport.

• Like 2

for someone who travels as much as I do, I think this would be annoying.  I have no problem with texting, however.  guess i'd just have to invest in some noise cancelling headphones.  one more thing in my carry on.

Edited by rgr

Like any person being loud or obnoxious on an airplane - you can simply ask politely if they will "keep it down", or, if you must, you can ask the flight attendants to ask them.  If they put up a fuss with the attendants then they risk being arrested for disturbing a flight.

Like any person being loud or obnoxious on an airplane - you can simply ask politely if they will "keep it down", or, if you must, you can ask the flight attendants to ask them.  If they put up a fuss with the attendants then they risk being arrested for disturbing a flight.

Are you really going to ask the 25 people sitting around you to hang up their phones?  Granted, not everyone on the plane is going to be on their phones all the time at the same time, but anyone who is, will be talking loud to talk above the noise of the plane....time to invest in noise canceling headphones if this goes through....

the fcc is considering allowing cell phone use on flights.  the airlines wouldn't be required to allow it.  so really, it would just become a matter of how important talking on a cell phone would be to consumers or how important it would be not to allow cell phone use on planes.  I can't imagine a lot of people wouldn't have an opinion about this.  i'm just not sure how strong those opinions would be.

Edited by rgr

I had a woman speaking incredibly loud behind me on a flight back from Chicago earlier this year.  The whole plane was giving her bad looks.  I got out a post-it note and wrote QUIET PLEASE on it with a sharpie and stuck it to the back of my head.  Many beers were bought for me by other passengers.  Many beers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

A little light magazine reading in doctors office . . . . . I looked the article up online

.http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2158652,00.html

The author must have encountered similar opinions and perhaps a few horrible pass experiences.

Edited by trymahjong

• 1 month later...

Outstanding aerial pix. Lone Star Mike. Not only did I get jazzed by what HTown has become, I can see so much potential by what DT can achieve, if the development gods are willing and I live long enough to see it. ;) in addition to the commercial and residential highrises, I would love to see a couple more parks and urban gathering places. Little by little, the parking lots are disappearing.

• 3 weeks later...

^  Great find!  Thanks for posting Urban909.

The opening line says the Houston Airport System "invited the public" to this master plan presentation and to provide feedback etc etc.  Did anyone ever see that invitation or any hint of it anywhere?  I would imagine they have another one coming up for the Bush Airport Master Plan.  I hope I don't miss that invitation too.  <_<

The opening line says the Houston Airport System "invited the public" to this master plan presentation and to provide feedback etc etc.  Did anyone ever see that invitation or any hint of it anywhere?  I would imagine they have another one coming up for the Bush Airport Master Plan.  I hope I don't miss that invitation too.  <_<

I saw it on Twitter last week. I think it was this past Thursday at a hotel near Hobby.

^  Great find!  Thanks for posting Urban909.

Thanks. I am interested in seeing the IAH's master plan as well, especially the plans for Terminal D.

Edited by urban909

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...