• 1 month later...

Some updates:

7747391150_88097bd1ab_b.jpg

IMAG0436 by dv1033, on Flickr

7747390486_c83325fb77_b.jpg

IMAG0437 by dv1033, on Flickr

7747389560_05f899eb2b_b.jpg

IMAG0438 by dv1033, on Flickr

Not sure if this is an add on as it is across the street from the main development:

7747388936_5844bb97eb_b.jpg

IMAG0439 by dv1033, on Flickr

IMAG0439 by dv1033, on Flickr

7747388104_74f3146601_b.jpg

IMAG0441 by dv1033, on Flickr

7747387676_22a127e424_b.jpg

IMAG0442 by dv1033, on Flickr

7747387318_4927d91596_b.jpg

IMAG0443 by dv1033, on Flickr

7747386942_6de774fe11_b.jpg

IMAG0444 by dv1033, on Flickr

7747386538_d5b8a1386b_b.jpg

IMAG0445 by dv1033, on Flickr

7747386148_ee17c1c1a0_b.jpg

IMAG0446 by dv1033, on Flickr

• Like 1

I was curious on what they were doing with that tract of land across from the main build. i thought it was just staging but from kdog's picture and from what i remember last week, it looks like they may actually be building something there.

I was curious on what they were doing with that tract of land across from the main build. i thought it was just staging but from kdog's picture and from what i remember last week, it looks like they may actually be building something there.

I think they are building something on that mini-lot. Phase IV.

But what that picture is, Im pretty sure it's a mock up for phase III (its been there since the start of the project). 2 different brick schemes, different paint schemes, insulation installation procedure, no foundation, etc....

I think they are building something on that mini-lot. Phase IV.

But what that picture is, Im pretty sure it's a mock up for phase III (its been there since the start of the project). 2 different brick schemes, different paint schemes, insulation installation procedure, no foundation, etc....

I think you're right. They said they had some opposition to Phase IV so they decided to sit on that option for a little, but I think they still plan on building there. There is another thread with renderings.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out the sidewalk behind the white house. Will be small unfortunately, probably because it backs up to the lady's property line.

They are 5' wide and they make a point to go around the electical pole, so it will be 5' throughout.

Edited by DrLan34
  • Like 1

Cool. But I don't foresee a big reason to walk down that sidewalk anyway, except for those living in that new complex. Everyone else will need to use the one across the street or cross illegally down at the end of the complex once that block terminates.

• 4 weeks later...

Love this project, I walk my dogs by here a few nights a week and it's been awesome seeing the transformation over the last few months. They're really getting close now. Wish we had some insight on potential tenants for the anchor retail spot at the Gray/Webster fork.

I don't like the architecture as much as other parts of Midtown Square, but I do like the fact that it has got ground level retail. It's hard to complain when these guys are the only people adding retail in a new apartment building in Houston right now.

img0294q.jpg

• Like 3

I don't like the architecture as much as other parts of Midtown Square, but I do like the fact that it has got ground level retail. It's hard to complain when these guys are the only people adding retail in a new apartment building in Houston right now.

img0294q.jpg

Let's hope they are starting a trend!!

• 1 month later...

I spoke with Post. They said plans for this lot have been on hold since they are concentrating their resources on bigger projects. They still plan to do something with the lot and a few different proposals have been passed around. It seems they have not received variance approval on the original plans.

I guess this could mean it could be housing, retail, plaza, etc

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Per the article^

The mixed-use development's first phase, which was completed in 1999...Phase three brings Post Midtown to a grand total of 643 units and more than 48,000 square feet of ground floor retail.

Not too bad and only took ~13 years to complete all 3 phases. Not to mention similar projects nearby completing 2nd or 3rd phases.

• 2 weeks later...

Per the article^

Not too bad and only took ~13 years to complete all 3 phases. Not to mention similar projects nearby completing 2nd or 3rd phases.

Thing is that aren't any "similar projects nearby". Nobody else is really giving mixed-use a shot.

I'd say they've built out at an acceptable pace given the economic conditions of 2007-2010.

Thing is that aren't any "similar projects nearby". Nobody else is really giving mixed-use a shot.

I'd say they've built out at an acceptable pace given the economic conditions of 2007-2010.

I get your point. Personally I'm less concerned about mixed use than getting a higher residential critical mass in midtown.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...