Post Midtown Square: Mixed-Used In Midtown

SpaceCity

• 2 years later...

I've been searching for an update on the planned development along the 100 block of West Gray. I know that Post Uptown still owns the property and that they ran into problems with the community back in 2006 when they tried to shut off Cushing and O'Neil. Does anyone know the latest on this?

Chuck40

• 2 years later...

Now, are they building on ALL the empty lots?

I am assuming this is the area they are talking about.

Link

As snarky as Niche's reply was.. I think he's right. The location you mapped wouldn't make sense - They would have to be on Gray or Webster for that much retail to make sense.

I think the old Houstonist article is correct - on the 3 blocks right next to Post II - bounded by Webster, Gray and Valentine

And Holy @!$@.. streetview is working for the first time in a yr. Well, that was a fluke. Nevermind.

Edited by Highway6

Now, are they building on ALL the empty lots?

I am assuming this is the area they are talking about.

Link

I think the area you have mapped out may be for Scout's Square phase 2 which will also add more retail and apartments. That is scheduled to start early 2012 but I don't know how much street level retail that will include.

So between Post Phase III and Scout's Square (just Phase I, not including Phase II), Midtown will be adding 60,000 + square feet of street level retail in about a 1.25 years, and I think 50,000 of it will be open in September 2011 as part of Scout's Square Phase 1.

Edited by DrLan34

I really like Post Midtown. Great eats & drinks. The shopping was great last time I went. And that one place where you can bring your own wine, whats not to love? However, the Lambo's that think they own the streets are quite annoying.

What blocks are Phase III going on?

If you look at the original rendering from http://innerlooped.c...town-phase-iii/ you can see the Continental building in the background... so it looks like the "front" of the building will be facing away from Downtown.

Just a visual of where it seems like the development will be going: http://www.flickr.co...N06/5690886833/

I wonder if they will close off Mathew St. as well...

Edited by DrLan34

If you look at the original rendering from http://innerlooped.c...town-phase-iii/ you can see the Continental building in the background... so it looks like the "front" of the building will be facing away from Downtown.

Just a visual of where it seems like the development will be going: http://www.flickr.co...N06/5690886833/

I wonder if they will close off Mathew St. as well...

the front "point" of that rendering looks like it would fit well where W Gray and Webster split off from each other as you drive towards downtown

that woman's house on o'neil is going to be in an interesting situation, a 4 story apartment building surrounding it on most sides, more people walking/driving around, more noise from the retail, and bye bye sun. However, i live in fourth ward and don't understand how that article says that some residents are upset of the o'neil/cushing road closures (north/south of webster/west grey). Those two roads are used by no one, well except the lady that lives in that house.

that woman's house on o'neil is going to be in an interesting situation, a 4 story apartment building surrounding it on most sides, more people walking/driving around, more noise from the retail, and bye bye sun. However, i live in fourth ward and don't understand how that article says that some residents are upset of the o'neil/cushing road closures (north/south of webster/west grey). Those two roads are used by no one, well except the lady that lives in that house.

I kinda' wish they'd close off Valentine as well. Lord knows how many cars I've almost clipped because they can't see around those parked cars. Turn it into a bike parking lot or park.

That little old lady is going to be sitting pretty if she finally decides to sell.

That little old lady is going to be sitting pretty if she finally decides to sell.

I've heard she has no plans to do so (apparently her church is right across the street). My guess is she'll live in it until she dies... then her relatives will sell it and the old house could become a bar like Komodos.

• 1 month later...

Post Midtown Square Phase Three is coming

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/sarnoff/7595071.html

The $21.8 million expansion — to be built on a triangular piece of property on the western edge of the complex - will include 124 apartments averaging 889 square feet. Rents will range from $1.50 to $1.70 per square foot.

As with earlier phases, the first floor of the new structure will be leased to shops and restaurants. There will be nearly 11,000 square feet of retail space for lease.

• Like 1