One Park Place: Multifamily At 1400 McKinney St.

GovernorAggie

I like the lights, I think they looked pretty darn good on it, although I cant imagine living there and having green lights always shining in through your windows at night. That would get kind of annoying after a while. But I think they looked pretty good, maybe if they had it just lit up with regular lights it would look better however.

I also like the lights... gives the building some flair, like its part of a big event downtown, which it basically is (Discovery Green), and the green is fitting for obvious reasons...

I don't understand however the argument about it shining in people's windows.

A. It's not that intense of a light that the normal lighting in your room can't drown it out.

B. When a person sleeps they can either close the shades or draw the curtains closed. You kinda have to in Houston anyways to keep out the light pollution. I do. Its either that or wear a sleeping mask.

C. I'm not sure, but its likely the building may have exterior window sills which would block that light from shining in the windows. I haven't seen these but its not the say they don't have them, as it is a minute detail that may not be visible in photographs or from the naked eye on the ground.

Although, I agree, it's something new and refreshing, I just don't think the color is right for the architecture and design of the building. If it's just for Christmas, I'm ok with that, but not year-round.

What are those candy cane stick lights at the top of Reliant? I think it's Reliant. They appear to turn white, then red.

Although, I agree, it's something new and refreshing, I just don't think the color is right for the architecture and design of the building. If it's just for Christmas, I'm ok with that, but not year-round.

What are those candy cane stick lights at the top of Reliant? I think it's Reliant. They appear to turn white, then red.

i cant see them doing this as a year round deal. i mean who in the hell would pay that much money to stare out at discovery green at night and light up like the green goblin?

this has to be for christmas

concur. using green lights on red/pinkish brick makes it look brownish. i'll bet they were added as an afterthought. a whiter exterior would have been better if they really wanted to use green.

I was thinking the same thing about the two colors clashing. The lights don't really seem to hit the building in a nice way either.

Plus it reminds me of that building in Dallas that has green lights.

The leasing lady said that they are just to promote the building. They will be removed when the first residents move in.

That makes more sense than what I was told on my short tour of the units. The evening profiles in the renderings are understandable (white lighting used sparringly along the base, pointed upward) rather than bathing the building in one color.

She even admitted she was new to the project so I'm guessing she didn't have the spiel down completely. At least she was wicked cute. ;)

This building provides a great boost of residents downtown, although I am underwhelmed by its exterior relative to the other great buildings nearby.

Hopefully a few other similar towers will go up around DG to make this one look less lonely.

Why's that? Have they not finished it or is it a mirage... you know, good from afar but far from good?

i think that you dont get a clear look at it from the pierce elevated, from the 45 59 interchange you get a good look at it but once you get onto the pierce elevated you cant get a good look at it.

maybe thats what he meant

I didn't realize it was being redone. At least from a distance in the photo it seems like an improvement.

Yeah, they've been working on it for awhile. I live down the street from it and they have been busy (they even replaced their big ac unit on the roof). They now have a leasing sign on the side of the building.