One Park Place: Multifamily At 1400 McKinney St.

GovernorAggie

You think maybe they changed the color in the last couple of months?

I was just making an observation. The building where I sit is not in the picture. Also, is the giant arrow on the lower left coming out of the Music Hall?

According to HAI the dollar sign thing is not true.

http://houstonarchitecture.info/Building/2..._Bank_Plaza.php

It doesn't really resemble a dollar sign to me. Maybe just vaguely...

wfthz2.jpg

well obviously they wouldn't actually make it into the $ sign design, its

just one of those things that the architects/people made up a

and is just and urban legend that is fun to believe in

I think the HVAC system installation might be the issue. That's why there's only one portion of the framework (facing the park) still incomplete. In addition, it seems they'd been focusing more on completing the brickwork heading upward. Since that's essentially done, they've moved to installing the spires atop the gables and have started on installing the additional ornamentation at the very top.

I did see some metal being laid out on one of the gables earlier in the week. Maybe that's the final component?

It's almost Xmas... everyone works a bit slower this time of year... too excited about Santa coming! :D Or am I the only one? :unsure:

There's that too. :D

This really is a pretty massive project, especially for DT residential.

What's up with those holes at the top? I hope they fill their holes with something ornate.

The building is really starting to grow on me as they put on all of the finishing touches.

I actually like how the roof is turning out better than I thought I would like it from the renderings.

Has anybody noticed that when you drive south on Main (North Main) from UHD towards downtown, the roof One Park Place just sticks up into the skyline and it looks pretty good.

(this is the view I'm talkin gabout,but this was taken before one park place was started).

385133683_1342078de8_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hello and welcome to HAIF. :)

Good that it came down with the building almost done.

Bad that it will take away one more crane from the cityscape.

Thanks for welcoming me. ^_^

Im new to Houston as well.. :D

Moved here 4 months ago and finally know my way around the city.

As for OPP that is a nice building and its in a great area.

Do you know when its suppose to be ready for people to move in?

Edited by UpuPUp!

Does anyone know the PM or a super to get a walkthrough perhaps???

I think I just read that the first residents will be moving in in March, and the building will be completed a few months later, like maybe August. I'll see if I can find that and post the exact info.

Does anyone know the PM or a super to get a walkthrough perhaps???

You can just walk into the leasing office at the corner of Austin & McKinney and they'll set you up with that. Takes just over an hour, but it's worth a look.

The crane is still being disassembled. Can't say I've seen a crane of that height taken down before... didn't realize the amount of time it took.

You can just walk into the leasing office at the corner of Austin & McKinney and they'll set you up with that. Takes just over an hour, but it's worth a look.

The crane is still being disassembled. Can't say I've seen a crane of that height taken down before... didn't realize the amount of time it took.

actually talking to people and walking the real estate rather than depending on information from the interwebs?

what a novel concept.

:mellow:

Definitely will do this. Just prefer to have a PM or super as I tend to ask questions that sales don't seem to answer or are unable to answer many times. Plus it is always nice to not have to be pretend to be interested in moving in.

Not sure. But it looks to me like they might still be using the crane to haul stuff up to the lower 1/3-1/2 of the building.

Definitely will do this. Just prefer to have a PM or super as I tend to ask questions that sales don't seem to answer or are unable to answer many times. Plus it is always nice to not have to be pretend to be interested in moving in.

well, it depends on what information you're looking for. rent/sq ft? building materials? cost basis? keep in mind that some is on a need to know basis and the general public doesnt need to know.

i would suggest either calling fingers corporate office or shop the property.