One Park Place: Multifamily At 1400 McKinney St.

GovernorAggie

OMG why does everyone hate the lighting downtown?? I can't wait for our skyline to be lit up again, and I'm anxiously awaiting the final lighting scheme for OPP (I hope it's not the blue and green that have on there now). I think the design of OPP is top notch, and is a great addition to our skyline.

I'm fine with lights on as long as they're offices being cleaned and they're white. Leave the green lights etc to Dallas.

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMG why does everyone hate the lighting downtown?? I can't wait for our skyline to be lit up again, and I'm anxiously awaiting the final lighting scheme for OPP (I hope it's not the blue and green that have on there now). I think the design of OPP is top notch, and is a great addition to our skyline.

What's with the green light on One Park Place? Is that for Xmas or is it permanent?

I agree i think the christmas lights were better then the no lights we have now. downtown is totally dark at night except for the continental building. we need to bring the night time lighting back!!!!!!

Today, I visited the leasing office (read temp trailer) housed in the base of the building.

According to the rep who took me to see the units, 30% of the units have been pre-leased.

The 8th-16th floors should be available to residents between March and May, depending on progress of construction.

Regarding the lighting, it is planned to be green on a permanent basis playing off the concept of the park itself, as much as the name.

Both of the reps spoke of the intent of the company to land Whole Foods as the grocer in the retail space and that they were continuing to work with them to see it through. A wine bar and several other niche establishments would round out the retail tenants.

The units I visited were one-bedroom apartments on the 9th floor, One on the park side and two with a city view, overlooking the amenities level. Other than a few variations in the kitchen (one with an island, two with a bar-type counter-top) and in the bathroom... they were all very well designed in terms of layout. Not huge or all that small, but very high quality. What surprised me was just how heavy the sliding doors onto the balconies were. Took some effort to get the one on the parkside open.

And now for some photos

One Bedroom living area, similar in all three units minus variations in the kitchen

DSC02387.jpg

Discovery Green

DSC02381.jpg

Discovery Tower (Mind the crane :P)

DSC02385.jpg

Along La Branch

DSC02383.jpg

Toward Mosaic & TMC

DSC02384.jpg

Portion of Amenities Level

DSC02389.jpg

Main view & balcony of city side living area

DSC02393.jpg

View from city-side bedroom

DSC02395.jpg

Wow, I think Whole Foods would be a home run. It would be another great eating option for park goers. And just think, you could go to the park without the food for your picnic and just pick it up across the street. Niice.

Thanks again for the info and pics.

Love the wood floors, the tile backsplash, and the view but that was about it. I guess I was hoping for more of a exposed ceiling maybe or stainless steel light fixtures that hung down on poles. It looked rather small as well. Seems kinda pricy to me. What was a unit like this again price wise?

Discovery Green

DSC02381.jpg

View from city-side bedroom

DSC02395.jpg

Man I thought Discovery Green view would be a lot more impressive. I like the view but Discovery Green still looks "bare". I bet 5 years will be enough time for those younger trees to start making a noticeable difference. As always, GRB makes its presence felt.

I would definitely want the city side view.

One Bedroom living area, similar in all three units minus variations in the kitchen

DSC02387.jpg

I also like the floors, as well as the Kitchen... but for a place like this I'd at least like to see some Crown Molding, a little livelier color scheme (nothing out there, darker neutral tones at least contrasting the doors, trim and baseboards better) and something more on the lighting side than a 3 lamp track light (assuming that's all? Just going by the image here), also something greener assuming those are 50 watt halogen bulbs in that track light...

(I've been on a green kick lately... help the environment? Global warming? Nah, I just like the lower electric bill.)

EDIT: Forgot the mention I'm liking the close proximity and views of Toyota Center and Minute Maid Park.

Park view would be more interesting (people watching from the balcony).

I think the Park View will improve significantly over the next 2-8 years. Having Discovery Tower built will help, and when the other parkfront lots are (hopefully) developed in the near future, the Park View will be much more impressive than it is now. And--for the record--I think the park area is going to look fantastic once remaining adjacent lots are developed (both from inside the park and looking down onto the park).

That's fine. They weren't pro-forming 100% occupancy.

And corporate leases are a big part of their marketing plan.

They may not get 100% pre-leased, but they'll have plenty of interest... ESPECIALLY if they can land Whole Foods as the grocer. East Enders and rail-happy Mid-towners will have a great place to spend their whole paycheck!!!

I also like the floors, as well as the Kitchen... but for a place like this I'd at least like to see some Crown Molding, a little livelier color scheme (nothing out there, darker neutral tones at least contrasting the doors, trim and baseboards better) and something more on the lighting side than a 3 lamp track light (assuming that's all? Just going by the image here), also something greener assuming those are 50 watt halogen bulbs in that track light...

(I've been on a green kick lately... help the environment? Global warming? Nah, I just like the lower electric bill.)

EDIT: Forgot the mention I'm liking the close proximity and views of Toyota Center and Minute Maid Park.

In most condos and homes those types of things are upgrades. My sister just bought a home in which the model was ULTRA GORGEOUS, but when she and her husband sat down with the designer, about 15 upgrades and $10K later, it SORT OF looked similar to the model. Personally, i think it a rip off if anything over $500k doesn't look top notch. i do understand one is paying for location, but come on, i can find this type of look in many newer H-town apts. for a lot less $$$. Again, i understand, the price tag is about location.

m. B)

Uhh, am I reading the apple floor plan right? for a one bedroom one bathroom 1140 sq ft ranges from 2,000 to almost 24,000 a month?? Or is that a typo?

I'm not completely justifying the prices, but there is only one Discovery Green in downtown, and OPP is right next to it, not to mention the two, possibly three stadiums and maybe Whole Foods at your doorstep.

Only one.

The services this building offer are also available in other buildings in downtown.

The only things I think this building has up on other buildings in downtown are:

1) it is on the park

2) will have a grocery store in it (which is a plus for everyone downtown I think)

I'm not completely justifying the prices, but there is only one Discovery Green in downtown, and OPP is right next to it, not to mention the two, possibly three stadiums and maybe Whole Foods at your doorstep.

Only one.

Yeah, but aren't the higher floors usually more expensive then the middle floors? And out of all the other bigger floor plans, why is that one being smaller so much more a month?

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, Im new to this site but am a regular poster at skyscraperpage, anyways here are some pics I got of OPP yesterday

3073338892_f07357be37_o.jpg

3066875187_709fb1c16f_b.jpg

3072500137_a3d4fd6ed5_o.jpg

3066873627_0fdc87ea7e_b.jpg

yay for photolitherland... great to see you at HAIF!!!

wow I love how the east area of downtown is busier at night than in the daytime. Things have changed so much thanks to Discovery Green and its after-effects.

Archived