One Park Place: Multifamily At 1400 McKinney St.

GovernorAggie

Does that mean they have finished the habitable part of the building, and now they are building the pointed roof? In that case they will continue to add a bit of height.

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does that mean they have finished the habitable part of the building, and now they are building the pointed roof? In that case they will continue to add a bit of height.

Wow! It's looking good. Is it me or has construction stopped or slowed significantly?...Maybe waiting for material to construct the roof.

Average rent of $2,500/month??? Holy ____. I noticed there are no prices on the website.

Yep, but this is one place in Houston that is "worth it". Just think about how close you'd be to EVERYTHING... Disco G, major sports events, hundreds of great restaurants, the theater district... It really is Houston's hottest spot! I can't afford it now, but if they have any rents under 2k for the low end, sign me up!!!!!!

Yep, but this is one place in Houston that is "worth it". Just think about how close you'd be to EVERYTHING... Disco G, major sports events, hundreds of great restaurants, the theater district... It really is Houston's hottest spot! I can't afford it now, but if they have any rents under 2k for the low end, sign me up!!!!!!

If the 'average' rent is $2,500 a month then they will definitely have some below $2,000... they will most likely be the smaller one bedrooms (and maybe small 2 bedrooms... they will probably be close to $2000) on lower floors but you aren't paying for space when you live at a place like this in an area like Downtown. 1 bedrooms / Studios at the Post Rice Lofts Downtown go for just below $1000 a month (very small studio) to almost $2000 a month (for a penthouse 1 bedroom). I would like to know what the range in rent will be for each floorplan.

• 2 weeks later...
If the 'average' rent is $2,500 a month then they will definitely have some below $2,000... they will most likely be the smaller one bedrooms (and maybe small 2 bedrooms... they will probably be close to $2000) on lower floors but you aren't paying for space when you live at a place like this in an area like Downtown. 1 bedrooms / Studios at the Post Rice Lofts Downtown go for just below $1000 a month (very small studio) to almost $2000 a month (for a penthouse 1 bedroom). I would like to know what the range in rent will be for each floorplan.

Rents for the 8th level (amenity deck start around $6500), rents for smallest one bedroom started at $1400 on the 9th floor (already rented) and for each floor you go up rents increase by $30. Penthouses started around $7500 a month. Last I heard 5 of the 6 penthouses were leased.

Rents for the 8th level (amenity deck start around $6500), rents for smallest one bedroom started at $1400 on the 9th floor (already rented) and for each floor you go up rents increase by $30. Penthouses started around $7500 a month. Last I heard 5 of the 6 penthouses were leased.

**Note smallest one bedroom is not a 5 piece bath.

• 3 weeks later...
Now that's pretty fast for the rooftop! That framework wasn't there when I was DT yesterday around midday. Only remember seeing that elevator shaft in the middle.

Yeah, it wasn't up when I came home from UH yesterday. It was up this morning.

This area is not really Houston's "hot spot", I should know I live a few blocks from here (and work right across the street from this building).

Compared to almost every other major area in Houston there aren't that many restaurants that are opened after working hours or on the weekends for that matter in downtown.

If you think you are going to live downtown and walk around in the evenings to all these "cool" places, you are fooling yourself -- Downtown is pretty much dead in the late evenings and not safe for a woman to walk around by herself. In the evenings I seem to be driving to Midtown, Montrose, Rice and Galleria area where there is more evening/night life/shopping/eating/etc. I wish downtown was the hot spot, but it just isn't (yet).

I think the rental price seems pretty fair though. The amenities in this building seem to be much better than all the other rental buildings in downtown.

Downtown is pretty much dead in the late evenings and not safe for a woman to walk around by herself. In the evenings I seem to be driving to Midtown, Montrose, Rice and Galleria area where there is more evening/night life/shopping/eating/etc. I wish downtown was the hot spot, but it just isn't (yet).

I would like to subject that to just a personal opinion... since some of my best friends (mostly girls) feel fine walking and (before when downtown was a hot spot for clubbing) downtown by themselves.

One Park Place is looking awesome coming into downtown from 288. I wonder how they will light it up at night..... or will they at all?

I'm kinda doubtful about One Park Place being lit up at night. Discovery Tower looks like it will be lit up well at night, however.

^^ It'd be great to have some old school spot lighting like the Chase Building has!! I wonder if that would work here.

FYI in response to an earlier post about downtown...

I don't live in downtown proper, but I do live in Eastwood, and I try to spend a fair amount of time there (just b/c I love it so much). Discovery Green has added tremendously to the evening activity and even the nightlife of downtown. I frequent the park at 9:30pm and 10pm at night, and I see people strolling, parties at the restaurants, and internet junkies taking advantage of the free wifi. The problem is there is nothing ELSE to do on that side of DT, but that's gonna change in October. I also hang out in Midtown, which is only a train ride away.

^^ It'd be great to have some old school spot lighting like the Chase Building has!! I wonder if that would work here.

FYI in response to an earlier post about downtown...

I don't live in downtown proper, but I do live in Eastwood, and I try to spend a fair amount of time there (just b/c I love it so much). Discovery Green has added tremendously to the evening activity and even the nightlife of downtown. I frequent the park at 9:30pm and 10pm at night, and I see people strolling, parties at the restaurants, and internet junkies taking advantage of the free wifi. The problem is there is nothing ELSE to do on that side of DT, but that's gonna change in October. I also hang out in Midtown, which is only a train ride away.

I trust you are referring to the lighting on the Gulf Oil Building. That would be a nice effect if there are enough offsets to create decent shadowing. Can anybody else remember the rotating, orange and blue Gulf sign atop that building?

If any of you have never been to the Chase bank lobby in this building, it is OP PUE LINT. Check it out sometime!

I trust you are referring to the lighting on the Gulf Oil Building. That would be a nice effect if there are enough offsets to create decent shadowing. Can anybody else remember the rotating, orange and blue Gulf sign atop that building?

If any of you have never been to the Chase bank lobby in this building, it is OP PUE LINT. Check it out sometime!

That large orange and blue Gulf sign on top of the building was cool. It was uniquely Houston. Then one day it disappeared. :angry:

And One Park Place is really impressive. I didn't realize how tall it would finally be and how it makes a statement for the Houston skyline.

^^ Do you remember the Gulf Gas stations from the 80's? I was just a little boy then but i remember them. Then around the early 90s i noticed they had all changed to Chevrons i think. Gulf oil company got bought out so that's why the gulf sign disappeared.

^^ Do you remember the Gulf Gas stations from the 80's? I was just a little boy then but i remember them. Then around the early 90s i noticed they had all changed to Chevrons i think. Gulf oil company got bought out so that's why the gulf sign disappeared.

I think the sign went away prior to the company being bought out. I remember waiting in one of those infamous gas lines at a Gulf station in the late 70's or early 80's. I think the sign was taken down because so many new modern buildings were going up and it looked old timey. Dallas kept the Mobil Pegasus sign atop a building for some time after that.

At any rate OPP is impressive and I hope they can capture the building with special lighting at night.

I think the sign went away prior to the company being bought out. I remember waiting in one of those infamous gas lines at a Gulf station in the late 70's or early 80's. I think the sign was taken down because so many new modern buildings were going up and it looked old timey. Dallas kept the Mobil Pegasus sign atop a building for some time after that.

At any rate OPP is impressive and I hope they can capture the building with special lighting at night.

I met the guy who owns the Magnolia hotel at a wedding in Denver. He said they changed the name to the Magnolia when they moved into the old Mobil building in downtown Dallas. Just an interesting side bar with nothing to do with the thread topic.

Archived