Hanover Montrose: Multifamily At 3400 Montrose Blvd.

HoustonMidtown

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, the current version has more character than this.

Haha I suppose, but the current version can't attract renters.

This lot + the Westheimer/Montrose block are the start of a pretty big change in the area or at least they have potential to.

This building as currently stands has as much character as a commie block. I embrace the change. And extremely sad M2M left. First place I ever walked into that offered Champagne.

M2M "somewhat" moved next to El Real where Coco's used to be and is called "Fashion Studio" now. I'm sure they'd say it's a new store altogether, but it looks like all the same product and they probably still serve champagne...

M2M "somewhat" moved next to El Real where Coco's used to be and is called "Fashion Studio" now. I'm sure they'd say it's a new store altogether, but it looks like all the same product and they probably still serve champagne...

True, but Fashion Icon has 1/3rd the clothing and floor space M2M originally had. Is the skybar closed? I was tempted to go to it for the view, but that's about it.

M2M "actually" moved a long time ago across the street to the shopping center with Berryhill. I believe they were fairly recently locked out of their space by the landlord... Are you saying the same people who owned M2M now own Fashion Studio?

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I heard that the Hanover group might be interested in demolishing this building and building a 30-story residential tower with retail on the ground level. If the deal goes through, the building will come down sometime before the end of this year. I hope they remove all the abestos from the building before it is demolished.

• 1 month later...

I heard that the Hanover group might be interested in demolishing this building and building a 30-story residential tower with retail on the ground level. If the deal goes through, the building will come down sometime before the end of this year. I hope they remove all the abestos from the building before it is demolished.

Hmm..

The Hanover Company looks to start eight to 10 projects in 2014 nationwide with Texas, Coastal California and the Northeast on the radar. Look for the developer to target the Montrose section of Houston for a project next year. Hanover’s projects currently under construction are wood, concrete or wood over concrete parking structures.

http://apmanagement.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/The-Apartment-Report_APC_7.8.13_PRESS-BREAK.pdf

• 1 month later...

Solomon Cordwell Buenz is the architect for the high-rise, same architect that designed the BLVD Place residential tower for Hanover.

So, things have changed with the economy. We’re working in Texas, too. We have three projects in Texas. Two in Houston, one in Austin. In Houston, we’re doing one on Post Oak.

We’re doing another building over in the Montrose area and that’s in more of an urban area.

http://blog.chicagoarchitecture.info/2013/09/10/thinking-post-bust-chicagos-scb-is-planting-flags-in-cities-across-america/

• 2 months later...

yeah its been talked about for a few months, since some article came out a while back about some Chicago guys talking about the real estate market in Houston if i recall correctly.. not sure if there is another thread for it or not but im excited to see what they come up with. the height should be fairly significant in the area, no?

Saw on skyscraperpage that the 10 story Montrose building will be torn down and replaced with a 30-story highrise by Hanover. Anybody else heard this? Here's the Biz Journal article on the building...

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/blog/breaking-ground/2013/11/iconic-montrose-tower-will-bow-to.html

Where did the 30-story part come from - the ssp poster?

Archived