Project Green: Mixed-Use Development On Allen Parkway By Hines

editor

On 12/15/2021 at 10:13 AM, hindesky said:

buGiDjJ.png

If they consolidate on just the KHOU property, those two huge parcels of land right on the Bayou would be ripe for something spectacular. Hopefully that's the plan, and whatever they build on the KHOU site is taller and better than what they have now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • The title was changed to 2
2 hours ago, freundb said:

Excited Ric Flair GIF

I hope this all happens. Let's make those future mixed use/retail buildings taller too. 

Oh I'd feel pretty good about this.  I have no knowledge of the development, but it is Hines and they're kicking this off at beginning of a multi-year development cycle with a lead tenant for the first building.  Guarantee they secure a great hotel flag, especially now with the Thompson a few blocks away.

• Like 3

I talked with a guy who worked for SCI back in Sept. '21 while lost on my bike looking for the Dian St. Villas apartments. He happened to walk by and asked him where it was. We talked for a while about that and then he brought up this. He knew this was going to be built but didn't have a time line. He said mixed use would be involved. When I saw the surveyor stakes here months later,  I figured something was up and that is why I stopped to take the pics. He mentioned apartments or possibly condos.

1 hour ago, CREguy13 said:

Oh I'd feel pretty good about this.  I have no knowledge of the development, but it is Hines and they're kicking this off at beginning of a multi-year development cycle with a lead tenant for the first building.  Guarantee they secure a great hotel flag, especially now with the Thompson a few blocks away.

Kimpton could use a site in Houston following the foreclosure of the Caydon development. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Montrose1100 said:

What's to become of the KHOU site? Might as well ponder that corner tiny lot on Temple & Walker too.

Based on the layout, the tower would be located where the station used to be. It's address was 1945 Allen Parkway, so I'm wondering if the tower will take that address as well.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

The tower for SCI looks like a lock for sure, but I hope the rest pans out. I'm just down the road by Waugh and I'd love for them to move forward on the Buffalo Heights District too. this area is starting to build up nicely

5 hours ago, ChannelTwoNews said:

Based on the layout, the tower would be located where the station used to be. It's address was 1945 Allen Parkway, so I'm wondering if the tower will take that address as well.

Maybe I've just lost it. I kept thinking KHOU was briefly at 1803 Allen Parkway post Harvey.

• The title was changed to Project Green: Mixed-Use Development On Allen Parkway By Hines
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
2 hours ago, hindesky said:

Community Impact has a story about two new TIRZ in the city. I wonder if the city's plan to make this area a TIRZ is going to affect the plans that SCI has for the property or will it just be a way to get more taxes from them? 

The proposed annexation will enable improvements to pedestrian infrastructure and flood mitigation at the SCI headquarters.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
On 5/17/2023 at 10:13 PM, toxtethogrady said:

I keep seeing that same bright green on all the Maxxar aerials of the city, and I thought it was color-enhanced. There hasn't been much rain until very recently. Is that color natural or Chemlawn?

Seems to be a bit over saturated. Idk where you live buts it’s rained quite a bit this year.

• 2 months later...

SCI yesterday, hosted a "meet and greet Q&A" with local residents concerning their move to former KHOU location. Guess the sewage problem is a bone of contention, even though SCI did so some repairs.

Edited by trymahjong
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, trymahjong said:

SCI yesterday, hosted a "meet and greet Q&A" with local residents concerning their move to former KHOU location. Guess the sewage problem is a bone of contention, even though SCI did so some repairs.

How do you know about the meet and greet? I am a local residient and heard nothing about it. What sewage problems and what repairs?

North Montrose Civic was host

COH/PWE was there

Downtown TIRZ did some of the sewage repairs- there were three there

district C council women there

Other people, who had a little experience in civic community advocacy  were invited

honestly that's all I know