Project Green: Mixed-Use Development On Allen Parkway By Hines

editor

16 hours ago, hindesky said:

It's a funeral home and cemetery company, I wouldn't expect it to be splashy. They specialize in somber.😵☠️🤷‍♂️

I don't care about the company...it's a prominent site ON ALLEN PARKWAY that Hines owns..they can choose to go with another client that fits a design worthy of this location so close to the new Ismaili Center.

Build your coffin company glass box building in a Pearland surface parking lot shopping center next to Texas Roadhouse, Kohls and a Chik-Fil-A.

21 minutes ago, shasta said:

I don't care about the company...it's a prominent site ON ALLEN PARKWAY that Hines owns..they can choose to go with another client that fits a design worthy of this location so close to the new Ismaili Center.

Build your coffin company glass box building in a Pearland surface parking lot shopping center next to Texas Roadhouse, Kohls and a Chik-Fil-A.

Hines does not own the property.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CREguy13 said:

Hines is developing the project on behalf of their client, SCI.

SCI Capital Holdings, Inc. is the specific entity that owns this land.

Is Hines the developer or the development manager?  I suspect the latter.  Either way, correct, SCI, not Hines, owns the property

5 hours ago, shasta said:

Project Green: Mixed-Use Development On Allen Parkway By Hines

Are you actually thinking that quoting the topic headline (a headline that probably should be edited) proves something?  . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Houston19514 said:

Is Hines the developer or the development manager?  I suspect the latter.  Either way, correct, SCI, not Hines, owns the property

Are you actually thinking that quoting the topic headline (a headline that probably should be edited) proves something?  . 

Since you can't be bothered to look on page 1 where I posted the ownership once before, here is the current ownership according to HCAD. Apparently KHOU CBS still has the rights to a helipad like they did when this was still the HQ. 

Iu5bfyd.png

c4NiVWM.png

iR8UU2y.png

yRxhZW7.png

GvyfPm0.png

h8H74x8.png

sycGAre.png

• Like 3

On 1/5/2024 at 7:32 PM, hindesky said:

Since you can't be bothered to look on page 1 where I posted the ownership once before, here is the current ownership according to HCAD. Apparently KHOU CBS still has the rights to a helipad like they did when this was still the HQ. 

Iu5bfyd.png

c4NiVWM.png

iR8UU2y.png

yRxhZW7.png

GvyfPm0.png

h8H74x8.png

sycGAre.png

I'm going to presume you meant to quote Shasta (who claimed Hines owns the property), rather than me.

Both places that are cutting trees have the city's permission and the permits for it. Both will end up adding more trees than before.

Those people were very late to the Montrose Street project and made a lot of noise but the majority of people wanted the improvements to Montrose Blvd that we will get. Most of Montrose Blvd sidewalks by the northern portion is un-walkable as it is or in very bad shape that someone in a wheelchair simply couldn't use it at all. Bicycle riders can't use it (only time I did was on early morning weekend rides 7-8 am).

• Like 8