Sawyer Heights Village Developments

flatline

Good to see. Mattress Giant at 11th and Shepherd was over a mile from my house. Plus, we needed another so we can get competitive pricing. My monthly mattress purchases were starting to crimp my budget.

But there is plenty of space in existing houses for more and more illegal immigrants. They are the ones fueling the mattress market in this neck of the woods.

Its right at the Sawyer intersection next to that Tin House that has a 'for sale' sign on it. They literally broke ground and I haven't seen much since then. It was just a grassy spot with survey markers on it, now they've turned up the dirt and thats about it. I haven't seen any workers so maybe they were contractually obligated to do something by a given time, so they churned up the grass and left the rest for later...

...it started in California and there are more locations in Austin that in College Station....yep, definitely an Aggie thing!

:D

Just moved here from Santa Barbara, CA where where we had a Freebirds in Isla Vista next to UCSB. I saw the Freebird's down next to Amy's Ice Cream a little while ago and was wondering what the chances were that they're related since it looked like a similar setup on the inside. Just saw the Freebirds website never realized it's a tiny chain that started in Santa Barbara. Small world. :rolleyes:

Its right at the Sawyer intersection next to that Tin House that has a 'for sale' sign on it. They literally broke ground and I haven't seen much since then. It was just a grassy spot with survey markers on it, now they've turned up the dirt and thats about it. I haven't seen any workers so maybe they were contractually obligated to do something by a given time, so they churned up the grass and left the rest for later...

Ooo ok now I see where u are talking about. Yea, they have dug up the ground there, but haven't done any work since. Hopefully they will build soon.

• 3 weeks later...
They have updated the Flyer again today. The latest updates include a Cingular/AT&T store and a Starbucks with drive-thru (in case walking to the one in Target was too much hassle for you).

Walking isn't so much a hassle. It's really that the Starbucks in the Target is unappealing since it's staffed by Target employees who clearly don't care. In any case, if I want coffee I'll head to Catalina instead. I highly recommend them. Prior to giving them a shot I wouldn't bother going out for coffee at all since no one could make a latte as good as what I could make at home.

Edited by takeshi

Walking isn't so much a hassle. It's really that the Starbucks in the Target is unappealing since it's staffed by Target employees who clearly don't care. In any case, if I want coffee I'll head to Catalina instead. I highly recommend them. Prior to giving them a shot I wouldn't bother going out for coffee at all since no one could make a latte as good as what I could make at home.

I too recommend Catalina coffee. :)

Also the Sawyer heights flyer was updated again today, with lots of new info. New tenants (some of these may have been mentioned before) include:

Cingular AT&T

Pot Belly's

Smoothie King

Game Stop

Marble Slab

Golf Tec

Fat Burger

Dickie's

I guess that would explain the large amount of work going on at the site.

Still no info on the mysterious Chik-fil-a between the banks.

Edited by n632cm

Never heard of Fatburger before. I'll try it. Still.....it'll have to be pretty darn tasty to pry me away from Someburger. Many of these will see my business I am sure, but I'm still a Heights-centric person and would much rather have my money spent at the local patio cafes and locally owned shops than the big chains like this. Dacapos makes some amazing sandwiches and desserts, so I'm not sure how inclined I will be to pass that up to hit Potbellys. Theres something more enticing about eating a meal under a huge live oak tree than sitting indoors looking out into a crowded Target parking lot. I have no doubt though, that I-10 traffic will make every single one of these stores a huge success.

Never heard of Fatburger before. I'll try it. Still.....it'll have to be pretty darn tasty to pry me away from Someburger. Many of these will see my business I am sure, but I'm still a Heights-centric person and would much rather have my money spent at the local patio cafes and locally owned shops than the big chains like this. Dacapos makes some amazing sandwiches and desserts, so I'm not sure how inclined I will be to pass that up to hit Potbellys. Theres something more enticing about eating a meal under a huge live oak tree than sitting indoors looking out into a crowded Target parking lot. I have no doubt though, that I-10 traffic will make every single one of these stores a huge success.

My only issue with Someburger is they don't dig on swine.. If they had bacon on one of their burgers.. oooh.. pure heaven!

Guess I'll have to bring my own.

I too recommend Catalina coffee. :)

Also the Sawyer heights flyer was updated again today, with lots of new info. New tenants (some of these may have been mentioned before) include:

Cingular AT&T

Pot Belly's

Smoothie King

Game Stop

Marble Slab

Golf Tec

Fat Burger

Dickie's

I guess that would explain the large amount of work going on at the site.

Still no info on the mysterious Chik-fil-a between the banks.

What is DICKIE'S? A Restaurant? My first thought was overalls :wacko: And I'm new here to HAIF, so what happened to the Chick-Fil-A? My husband had told me when the Target first opened that we were going to be getting one! Thanks for the info!

That Target has really become a convenient destination for us coming from Timbergrove and now that we have a 8 month old in the house we make a lot of trips to Target. The store on San Felipe required negotiating the Loop and the store out 290 required... well... going out 290.

It will be nice having even more options in that area besides Target, especially the restaurants.

Edited by cottonmather0