Sawyer Heights Village Developments

flatline

Do Walmarts and Targets normally open that close to each other?

ive seen walmarts and target right across from each other.. its pretty dumb.

but my question is why built another walmart if they are going to knock down that old northline mall and built a Super Walmart???

Guest danax
ive seen walmarts and target right across from each other.. its pretty dumb.

but my question is why built another walmart if they are going to knock down that old northline mall and built a Super Walmart???

I think being close to each other just draws more people to the area, and some will choose WalMart and some Target. Gulfgate has a Lowe's and Home Depot within walking distance of each other, and both are apparently doing fine. And they are probably green with envy that Target got a chunk of that economically sound demographic, unlike the Northline area.

WalMart wouldn't be so obnoxious to me if they really worked on their appearance. Not much they can do about the enormous parking lot though.

I doubt I would support a Walmart in the area...now, if it were a Sams Club, I might be a little more inclined to partake in that one. I think thats the better choice.

Yea, i hate having to drive all the way to the Galleria area to go to Sam's... not that I shop at Sam's a lot, but it would still be nice if there was a closer one.

I work in the Copperfield area...there is a Super WalMart within walking distance of a Target, a Lowes next to a Home Depot whose parking lots are connected by a driveway, a Bed Bath and Beyond across the street from a Linens n Things, and a Petsmart one street down from a Petco!

And don't even get me started about the Starbucks inside the Borders bookstore, across from the Starbucks in the parking lot of the Target with the Starbucks inside!

Oh the pain...

Edited by houstonray

Read on a neighborhood forum that someone who has an inside connection at Riviana (Mahatma), and they said no intentions of moving and they are considering adding another line and moving the loading docks off of Sawyer street.

So who knows?

Guest danax
Has anyone read the sign about the new apts that are being built ? What is the name, do they have a website...?

Im always driving and can't look over long enough to read it !!

Sawyer Heights Lofts....? This topic is so long we really need an index but we've talked about it a bit on previous pages.

The views will be varied; DT, I-10 or the parking garage.

Looks like they've reached the top of the complex on the east side. IMO, I wish they would go up one more floor just to obscure the cement parking garage that pops out of the middle of the complex.

I think the roof will cover the parking garage. for example if you look across the freeway, futher west , at the luxury apartment complex theirs a parking garage in the middle also and you can't see it.

Looks like they've reached the top of the complex on the east side. IMO, I wish they would go up one more floor just to obscure the cement parking garage that pops out of the middle of the complex.

I am sure SOMETHING will cover up the parking garage... that would look really bad if you could see it sticking out... i can't see a developer being ok with that... especially when only a little more height is needed to cover it up. Just give it time, they will cover it up with something.

I am sure SOMETHING will cover up the parking garage... that would look really bad if you could see it sticking out... i can't see a developer being ok with that... especially when only a little more height is needed to cover it up. Just give it time, they will cover it up with something.

It'll probably happen pretty quick. Roofs tend to get put up really fast after the structure is complete to avoid too much rain damage...and after it's up we'll all be able to see the new flood plains over there the next time it gets a good rain.

I hope so. The image shown at http://www.mfein.com/comm.php seems to suggest a flat roof though, almost warehouse style...

I don't know, I just find it hard to believe that a developer would allow a parking garage to stick out like that... i guess only time will tell. If it does stick out a bit and you only see it from the freeway since the freeway is up high and it goes right next to it... maybe it won't be too bad.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody have any more info on what other stores are going in that area? What i wish to go their( Sawyer Heights): BestBuy or Circuit City , GNC, Old Navy, 24hr Fitness. What do yall want to be build their? Your ideas.

• 1 month later...

Nothing on the website, but given all the earth movers out there, I'm guessing the other buildings will be going up shortly. The Chilis lot seems to be groomed and surveyed so I wouldnt be surprised to see that foundation being poured very soon.

The only things I think we know for sure are another bank, a Starbucks, Panda Express, Radio Shack, Chili's and Petsmart.

I don't think there is enough room there for any more bix box retailers. Petsmart will take the only really large enough parcel. I think everything else will be smaller retail in outbuildings...

I'm sure that in time, after a few years, as the industrial around SH fades away, they will come.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Updated list of tenants according to Property Commerce's website... I know some of these have already been mentioned....

- Cingular / AT&T

- Radio Shack

- Smoothie King

- Freebird's

- Staples

- Petsmart

- Panda Express

- Amegy Bank

- Payless Shoes

- American Mattress

- Subway

- Chilis

- Starbucks

:mellow:

Updated list of tenants according to Property Commerce's website... I know some of these have already been mentioned....

- Freebird's

I dont think I ever heard of Freebirds unless you are talking about the wrestlers from the 80's. what is this place about WX?