Sawyer Heights Village Developments

flatline

with the great taquerias that are in houston, i find it hard to believe that people like this place. it is horrrible.

The last thing it's meant to be is a taqueria. It's a better version of Chipotle IMO...and most Aggies love the place from what I hear.

• 4 weeks later...
This target center is so close to my house i am glad they are building these stores here. Soon i wont have to drive on the other side of town to find the same stores and restaraunts. By the way Princess is going up on Shepherd.

... if they ever build them... i can't believe Target has been open for over a year and nothing else besides two banks have been built... hopefully they will start on the other stores / restaurants soon!

This target center is so close to my house i am glad they are building these stores here. Soon i wont have to drive on the other side of town to find the same stores and restaraunts. By the way Princess is going up on Shepherd.

What is Princess?? (other than the daughter of a queen of course).

Edited by houstonray

Driving home on I10 yesterday into the Heights I thought I saw more construction going up next to the lofts... maybe they are finally building more stores??

Yeah, the foundation for Chili's was poured a while back and they've been pretty active lately. I've seen survey stakes for other spots, but it seems like Chilis will be the next completed building.

Yeah, the foundation for Chili's was poured a while back and they've been pretty active lately. I've seen survey stakes for other spots, but it seems like Chilis will be the next completed building.

That's kewl... about time they started building more stuff. I don't really have an opinion on Chili's but my boyfriend loves it so I am sure he will be happy. ^_^

Freebird's is definitely an Aggie thing and will totally rock in this location. I can't wait.

Yea a girl I work w/ who went to A&M told me about Freebird's a while back... she loves it... should be a nice addition to the area.

I know it sounds stupid, but I am actually excited about Panda Express... which is supposed to be there. I know it's not going to be as good as your major chinese restaurants... it's fast food... but I don't mind... I LOVE chinese food! The more chinese places around my part of town the better!

Edited by HtownWxBoy

Was poking around the Property Commerce site and noticed they added updated pictures to the Sawyer Heights flyer. What caught my eye from the image on the first page was a rather large tract of land directly behind the Target that looks to be dozed and ready for development. Anyone know what's going on back there?

I noticed the (ugh) mattress place is open now. Would've preferred a nice patio cafe with lots of trees to serve those on the up n' coming bike path, but...y'know....this IS Houston.

Good to see. Mattress Giant at 11th and Shepherd was over a mile from my house. Plus, we needed another so we can get competitive pricing. My monthly mattress purchases were starting to crimp my budget.

I noticed the (ugh) mattress place is open now. Would've preferred a nice patio cafe with lots of trees to serve those on the up n' coming bike path, but...y'know....this IS Houston.

I heard Starbucks will be opening up within the mattress store, and might have a smattering of tables among the pillowtops......it's a new cutting edge concept, sort of an urbanesque juxtapositioning of retail; you know.... stay awake, go to sleep..No food though, they don't want crumbs all over the bedding. :P

You wouldn't believe how many people don't know that.

To get 'technical', there are the same number of Freebirds in College Station and Austin. Four each from what their website says. However, I have just learned my new thing for today regarding it starting in Cali...so thanks!

I noticed they broke ground on the Panda Express this past weekend.

Woo hoo :D he he... I know it's only Panda Express, but I am excited.... I love chinese... the more chinese restaurants the better.. even if it's only Panda Express. At least it's something not in this area.