Elan Heights: Multifamily At 825 Usener St.

The Pragmatist

I wonder if Crane Guys talk to each other when they are up there. Some of them are pretty close together. Crane Operator Happy Hour.

If they are on the same site, yes they do. The jibs may overlap so the trolleys may be in the way of each other depending on what they are doing. They have to let each other know what is going on.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally started on metal work, the stairwell is up a couple of stories now

I really like how the staircase gives you an idea of how big this project is. My only complaint is that the crane peering over the trees on I-10 heading west would be a wonderful spot to have a tall gleeming skyscraper.

• 2 weeks later...

I drive by it a few times a week and no, it's a great location. There's always a lot of people along the trails and next to the baseball fields. It's a short walk to Fitzgeralds and a bunch of bars.

By the time this opens, Fitzgerald's will probably be close to closing shop.

I think it's a great location too. I'm actually surprised we didn't hear more vocal opposition from the Woodland Heights community but besides that, close to downtown, right next to all the grocery stores, and next to the long bike trails along the bayou. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure that first level will be parking.  Theres a large stone retaining type wall just outside this picture which is why the water stopped where it did and didn't go in any further.  I think this may be patio or promenade type walking environment over to the adjacent kids playground and dog park under the bridge.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...