Elan Heights: Multifamily At 825 Usener St.

The Pragmatist

• 4 weeks later...

This is the most beastly complex when compared to it's surroundings.

327 units.  That's going to do some dandy things to the Taylor Street / Katy Freeway intersection.  None of the multi family stuff that's exploded up was there the last time it was reconstructed.  As it is, the westbound side backs up onto the freeway from time to time (usually because of some dipstick in the right hand lane waiting to turn left, a full car length or more back from the hold line so you can't get around them); eastbound isn't a whole bunch better even though it's got twice as many lanes to use

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Picture I got from the chronicle this morning.

This has happened a few times in the past few years already. I know the rain has been once in a decade, but still. I would not want to be facing the risks of the garage flooding when I am paying the rents they are charging.

Screen Shot 2016-04-18 at 9.36.58 AM.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dml423 said:

Picture I got from the chronicle this morning.

This has happened a few times in the past few years already. I know the rain has been once in a decade, but still. I would not want to be facing the risks of the garage flooding when I am paying the rents they are charging.

Screen Shot 2016-04-18 at 9.36.58 AM.png

That is just the ground level. Are there even any parking spots on that level? At the end of the day it will have just been a few hours that you couldn't get in or out of the garage which is about the same for everyone else in the area.

1 hour ago, BigFootsSocks said:

It hasn't though...the water didn't reach the parking garage on Memorial Day and I don't think it reached it yesterday. The City let this go through because they built it up so high. Imagine if the old apartments were still there...

You are right. The bottom level is nothing but a pedistool. Not parking. This is a well designed building.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...