Paco Jones

• 2 months later...

Looks like they are getting ready to break ground on the multifamily building.  Submitted Expedited permit app yesterday.

Project Details

Project No: 21083542
Date : 2022/05/10 00:00:00
USE : NEW 93441 SF APARTMENT BUILDING 1-5-3-R2
Owner/Occupant : *TRITEN EADO-THE MILL
Job Address : 2315 NAVIGATION BLVD BLD 5 77003
Valuation : $ 0
Permit Type : EC
FCC Group : Apartments
Buyer : RIOS JASMINE
Address : 11665 FUQUA ST STE E507 77034
Phone : (832) 250-6429
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, DotCom said:

Looks like they are getting ready to break ground on the multifamily building.  

Excellent! There was a bunch of equipment (cats, scissor lifts, and some other minor equipment) across the street at the old Alamo Tamales place today, I wonder if it is related. Not sure what scissor lifts would be for at this stage, but idk.

Alternatively, maybe Marquette is ready to move forward with their remodel of the rest of the lot in front of Forth.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, JBTX said:

Excellent! There was a bunch of equipment (cats, scissor lifts, and some other minor equipment) across the street at the old Alamo Tamales place today, I wonder if it is related. Not sure what scissor lifts would be for at this stage, but idk.

Alternatively, maybe Marquette is ready to move forward with their remodel of the rest of the lot in front of Forth.

Could it be for the roundabout? Scissor lift for light poles?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hindesky said:

Could it be for the roundabout? Scissor lift for light poles?

Great point. It's a bit further off from the roundabout. Honestly, until the permit app for the Mill was posted today, I would have expected that lot to be used for staging.

That said, you're probably right.

18 hours ago, DotCom said:

Looks like they are getting ready to break ground on the multifamily building.  Submitted Expedited permit app yesterday.

Project Details

Project No: 21083542
Date : 2022/05/10 00:00:00
USE : NEW 93441 SF APARTMENT BUILDING 1-5-3-R2
Owner/Occupant : *TRITEN EADO-THE MILL
Job Address : 2315 NAVIGATION BLVD BLD 5 77003
Valuation : $ 0
Permit Type : EC
FCC Group : Apartments
Buyer : RIOS JASMINE
Address : 11665 FUQUA ST STE E507 77034
Phone : (832) 250-6429

Can you explain what an Expedited Com permit does? I was trying to google and couldn't find anything relevant. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, hindesky said:

3CjXuBq.png

Unless these buildings are tiny, does this plan imply that the ROW in the middle of the project is the existing (and very active) rail line? If so, does that mean that Phase 1 is abutted against the Gas Station and Subway?

Hard to imagine that this would all be fit between Navigation and the rail line.

Edited by JBTX

1 hour ago, JBTX said:

Unless these buildings are tiny, does this plan imply that the ROW in the middle of the project is the existing (and very active) rail line? If so, does that mean that Phase 1 is abutted against the Gas Station and Subway?

Hard to imagine that this would all be fit between Navigation and the rail line.

No, the rail line is at the top of this image. North is to the RIGHT. (edited)

The distance from the rail to the new street in the middle of the project (the approx width of the multifamily project) is a little under 300'

3 hours ago, hindesky said:

At Forth at Navigation, a luxury apartment community that opened last year across the street from The Mill site, the project’s 300 units are 94 percent occupied with rents ranging between $1,700 to $3,700, according to the developer, Chicago-based Marquette. When Marquette first acquired land for the site there weren’t many newer luxury apartments in the vicinity, so the developer wasn’t sure how quickly the project would lease, said Darren Sloniger, president of Marquette.

“I thought it would take it couple years to fully lease, but we leased up and stabilized it in nine months,” Sloniger said. “I never would have guessed that would happen.”

He attributes the fast lease-up to the project’s Chicago-style steel and concrete architecture, but also because it filled a demand for high-end apartments in the up-and-coming neighborhood. In 2021, Marquette also bought a 244-unit older apartment project nearby, East End Lofts, which the firm is renovating. Sloniger thinks more residents will seek out the area’s proximity to downtown.

Damn!

No wonder this project is moving forward.

Edited by wilcal
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, wilcal said:

No, the rail line is at the top of this image. North is to the left. 

The distance from the rail to the new street in the middle of the project (the approx width of the multifamily project) is a little under 300'

Correct that the rail line is at the top of the image.  But North is not to the left.  North is in the direction of the upper right-hand corner of the image.

It makes way more sense for the rail line to be on the boundary of the project, as opposed to through the middle of it. That said, it seems like the lot is a bit too small for all those buildings. It looks lovely though and I'm all for more dense projects, so fine by me.

I don't think this one was posted above. From the Chronicle

Across the street from The Mill site, Chicago developer Marquette opened a new 300-unit upscale apartment project called Forth at Navigation.

The boutique office project will wraparound the existing brick building on the site. The start of the office construction has not been scheduled, but in the interim, Triten plans to clean up the brick building and enhance the grounds so that it can be turned into a temporary art gallery, beer garden or space for live music or an artisan market.

• Like 8

14 hours ago, 79ta said:

I don't think this one was posted above. From the Chronicle

Across the street from The Mill site, Chicago developer Marquette opened a new 300-unit upscale apartment project called Forth at Navigation.

This is Forth across the street

Quote from article under this photo “Across the street from The Mill site, Chicago developer Marquette opened a new 300-unit upscale apartment project called Forth at Navigation.”

Edited by I'm Not a Robot
  • Like 1

Triten Real Estate Partners has awarded Colliers the retail leasing assignment for The Mill, a mixed-use development planned for retail, office and apartments at the corner of Canal and Navigation in the East End. Wade Greene and Hannah Tosch of Colliers will lead the assignment. Phase one, slated for completion in 2024, will consist of a 341-unit apartment complex with 6,072 square feet of retail space for a restaurant and marketplace. Phase two will have 25,000 square feet of retail space and six levels of office space totaling 90,000 square feet.

• Like 5