Regal Edwards Greenway Grand Palace At 3839 Weslayan St.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to RIDA Brookfield: Potential Mixed-Use At 3839 Weslayan St.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to RIDA Brookfield: Mixed-Use Development At 3839 Weslayan St.
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

It appears the former unit once occupied by Harlow's / Harlow's Food & Fun is leased.

I saw a recent alcohol permit for Holey Moley. The address listed on the permit is 3839 Weslayan St, Suite 101. This is on the ground level and next to Regal Edwards Greenway Grand Palace movie theater.

Holey Moley is a bar with a miniature golf course & putt putt. It's an Australian-based business that's expanding into the USA market. In fact, there's an Austin location on the way.

https://www.holeymoley.com

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, hindesky said:

Yep. This was posted last month in the ongoing topic for 3839 Weslayan:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/46552-rida-brookfield-mixed-use-development-at-3839-weslayan-st/?do=findComment&comment=684002

On 7/14/2023 at 7:54 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

It appears the former unit once occupied by Harlow's / Harlow's Food & Fun is leased.

I saw a recent alcohol permit for Holey Moley. The address listed on the permit is 3839 Weslayan St, Suite 101. This is on the ground level and next to Regal Edwards Greenway Grand Palace movie theater.

Holey Moley is a bar with a miniature golf course & putt putt. It's an Australian-based business that's expanding into the USA market. In fact, there's an Austin location on the way.

@Urbannizer @Triton please consider merging this with the existing topic for 3839 Weslayan St:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/46552-rida-brookfield-mixed-use-development-at-3839-weslayan-st

• The title was changed to Regal Edwards Greenway Grand Palace At 3839 Weslayan St.
  • 2 months later...
On 7/14/2023 at 10:54 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

On 8/3/2023 at 2:57 PM, hindesky said:

Vyqy3C1.pngYnibwKV.png

The webpage for the forthcoming Houston location of Holey Moley is up.

Holey Moley is a bar with a miniature golf course & putt putt. Houston is one of a handful of USA markets the Australian-based concept is expanding to.

Located at 3839 Weslayan St, Suite 101, Holey Moley is leasing Harlow's / Harlow's Food & Fun's former space. It's on the ground level, next to Regal Edwards Greenway Grand Palace movie theater.

https://www.holeymoley.com/locations/houston

47tcROq.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Yeah man, i LOVE the Regal (Edwards) theater at Marqe. It is completely redone and wowsa...what a great movie going experience...

I have had the Regal Unlimited card since it's inception (2019) and go to the movies almost every week (even during the pandemic!)...anyway, the manager of the Marqe location said that yes, indeed, the Weslayan location would pretty much undergo the same renovations which is exciting...living across from the galleria puts me smack between both locations so i can just choose the best time of the film that works for me. 

But again, go check out the Marqe location if you get a chance...it really is a first class theater experience now.

thanks @hindesky for all the awesome updates! 

• Like 5

On 10/6/2023 at 2:33 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

The webpage for the forthcoming Houston location of Holey Moley is up.

Holey Moley is a bar with a miniature golf course & putt putt. Houston is one of a handful of USA markets the Australian-based concept is expanding to.

Located at 3839 Weslayan St, Suite 101, Holey Moley is leasing Harlow's / Harlow's Food & Fun's former space. It's on the ground level, next to Regal Edwards Greenway Grand Palace movie theater.

https://www.holeymoley.com/locations/houston

I like how mini-golf is back, but with drinking.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/14/2023 at 7:54 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

On 8/3/2023 at 11:57 AM, hindesky said:

A plan reviewing fee was filed yesterday for 3839 Weslayan St, Suite 101.

Details from the permit:

• Use: One-stop demo non-load bearing wall, indoor mini golf & restaurant
  • FCC Group: Non-residential alteration

As noted in recent posts above, Holey Moley is opening at 3839 Weslayan St, Suite 101. It is located on the ground level, next to Regal Edwards Greenway Grand Palace movie theater.

FVHUwzi.png

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2021 at 8:25 PM, mkultra25 said:

That would be less than optimal, considering that it's one of the only theaters in town that has (or had, at any rate) the ability to screen 70mm prints. Not that it matters all that much now, as the exhibition industry is practically on life support and the chances of anyone doing a limited 70mm run in a non-repertory setting are probably between slim and none for the foreseeable future.  

I just want to comment that 70mm would have been great for “Oppenheimer.” I found this post while going down the rabbit hole on that. And that’s it. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, houstontexasjack said:

I just want to comment that 70mm would have been great for “Oppenheimer.” I found this post while going down the rabbit hole on that. And that’s it. 

The AMC Gulf Pointe 30 screened OPPENHEIMER in 70mm here during its initial run. It may be the only local theater that still has the ability to screen 70mm prints - it was certainly the only one that booked OPPENHEIMER in that format. 

You may have already seen this, but it's the best summary I've run across of the various formats OPPENHEIMER was screened in:

OPPENHEIMER PREMIUM LARGE FORMATS 

IMAX 70mm (aka "real" IMAX, as opposed to the digital-projector format that's now being branded as "IMAX" but is more frequently referred to as "LIEMAX" by those in the know) was the premier option, but IIRC there are only around 15-20 theaters in the entire country that were equipped for that format, and the closest one to Houston was in Dallas. The Chinese Theatre in Hollywood built a temporary IMAX 70mm projection booth and installed all the necessary equipment for the film's run there. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Holey Moley / Holey Moley Golf Club is set to open in April at 3839 Weslayan St, Suite 101.  The bar includes a miniature golf course and putt putt. 

According to a press release distributed to Houston Chronicle and CultureMap, Holey Moley "is decorated with '80s and '90s references, there will be three, nine-hole courses with themes such as Par for the Corpse, Birdie Hunter, and Mazed and Confused."

Holey Moley replaces the long-vacant Harlow's / Harlow's Food & Fun pace. It's on the ground level, next to Regal Edwards Greenway Grand Palace movie theater.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/food-culture/restaurants-bars/article/holey-moley-mini-golf-houston-19366721.php

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Holey Moley / Holey Moley Golf Club is set to open in April at 3839 Weslayan St, Suite 101.  The bar includes a miniature golf course and putt putt. 

According to a press release distributed to Houston Chronicle and CultureMap, Holey Moley "is decorated with '80s and '90s references, there will be three, nine-hole courses with themes such as Par for the Corpse, Birdie Hunter, and Mazed and Confused."

Holey Moley replaces the long-vacant Harlow's / Harlow's Food & Fun pace. It's on the ground level, next to Regal Edwards Greenway Grand Palace movie theater.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/food-culture/restaurants-bars/article/holey-moley-mini-golf-houston-19366721.php

Renderings of Holey Moley / Holey Moley Golf Club's Houston location. The renderings in Houston Chronicle and CultureMap's reporting of the forthcoming miniature golf bar.

Holey Moley is set to open in April at 3839 Weslayan St, Ste 101.

HGyR6hA.jpeg

52XFobr.jpeg

2sNfw0h.jpeg

0WG8etz.jpeg

• Like 3

While it seems that Holey Moley is indeed on it's way to opening any week now, there has been no start to the updating of the theater itself. I went Friday night with a buddy to see Late Night With The Devil and i will say the screen itself was in perfect condition so it was still a good night at the movies.

I was surprised though to see that still no work has even started on the lobby even...i have been choosing the incredible Marque location over this one since i live exactly between the two and will continue to do so...so someone just update me when all begins and when it's done haha! 

Edited by gene
  • Like 2

On 3/25/2024 at 10:26 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Renderings of Holey Moley / Holey Moley Golf Club's Houston location. The renderings in Houston Chronicle and CultureMap's reporting of the forthcoming miniature golf bar.

HGyR6hA.jpeg

52XFobr.jpeg

2sNfw0h.jpeg

0WG8etz.jpeg

Additional renderings of Holey Moley Golf Club in Houston. The renderings are included in Houston Business Journal's coverage of the forthcoming miniature golf bar.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2024/03/25/holey-moley-houston-to-open-greenway-plaza-area.html

rEOUn8P.jpeg

yNc51lb.jpeg

9e4wKFA.jpeg

QuB9DBa.jpeg

ZobG0lM.jpeg

lVzb2HH.jpeg

• Like 2