1661 Tanglewood: Condominium High-Rise At 1661 Tanglewood Blvd.

Urbannizer

1 hour ago, Urbannizer said:

^^^ the interior designs are absolutely spectacular.  definitely harbors the feel/poshness/plushiness/swankiness of a mansion.  i'm inclined to agree with the article...

• Like 2

On 9/20/2022 at 9:51 AM, Texasota said:

Man I really wish rich people had better taste.

HAHA...

the funny part is when looking at the fireplace photo i was like dang they definitely have a spider problem...but then i realized that is marble and not cobwebs 🕷️🕸️ 🤪

and the furniture isn't the best in that photo...and apparently bored rich people just sit in chairs that face each other and have staring contests all day...and a little ugly ottoman thingy for their cat 🐈‍⬛ ...of course 

• Like 1

That straight on view of the crown of this building now shows the mechanical penthouse being reduced in size? I'm I seeing that right because while I like the building, it has a balance to it, that metal hat in previous renders was a bit tall and awkward. If this latest rendering is what is recent then that is a much better size than previous. Otherwise now I'm just confused.

• Like 1

"Kendall Miller and his family businesses, Tanglewood Corp. and WMJK Ltd., have opened a swanky sales center in Uptown Park listed their condos 1661 Tanglewood project for sale, but lawyers for the Tanglewood Homes Association say their fight against the 33-story tower is far from over."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/lifestyle/home-design/article/Lawyers-on-both-sides-of-Tanglewood-tower-say-the-17473069.php

• Confused 1

On 9/29/2022 at 10:02 AM, hindesky said:

"Kendall Miller and his family businesses, Tanglewood Corp. and WMJK Ltd., have opened a swanky sales center in Uptown Park listed their condos 1661 Tanglewood project for sale, but lawyers for the Tanglewood Homes Association say their fight against the 33-story tower is far from over."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/lifestyle/home-design/article/Lawyers-on-both-sides-of-Tanglewood-tower-say-the-17473069.php

I love it when losers in court battles always say "We'll appeal to the Supreme Court!" Anyone with two braincells will tell you that the Supreme Courts appellate jurisdiction is largely discretionary and they, more likely than not, they won't take your case. Its the legal equivalent of a Hail Mary.

• Like 3

“We have done things this luxe but not residential and these residences will be luxe,” Tellepsen adds. “There’ll be nothing like them in the sky. They’re the largest, most luxurious, most well thought-out units and homes that we’ve ever seen in the Houston market.”

https://www.papercitymag.com/society/1661-tanglewood-high-rise-houston-unveils-luxury-sales-center/

• Like 7

2 hours ago, hindesky said:

“We have done things this luxe but not residential and these residences will be luxe,” Tellepsen adds. “There’ll be nothing like them in the sky. They’re the largest, most luxurious, most well thought-out units and homes that we’ve ever seen in the Houston market.”

https://www.papercitymag.com/society/1661-tanglewood-high-rise-houston-unveils-luxury-sales-center/

Don't all these developers say similar things in their articles? 😏

Season 3 Whatever GIF by The Office

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2022 at 4:02 PM, astrohip said:

Tried to get some pricing info... rec'd this reply:

Thank you for your interest in 1661 Tanglewood.  Due to the confidentiality of our clients, we are not sharing pricing or floor plans via email, however, we are now scheduling appointments at our sales gallery

With what has been shown materials-wise in the renders, the views, and amenities, I wouldn't be shocked to see base case for one would be $1mil per unit. For an entire floor? maybe $8-10mil?

• Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 5:02 PM, astrohip said:

Thank you for your interest in 1661 Tanglewood.  Due to the confidentiality of our clients, we are not sharing pricing or floor plans via email, however, we are now scheduling appointments at our sales gallery

image.png.722115c3e1e0528e045135030b9535ea.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

On 11/14/2022 at 5:02 PM, astrohip said:

I emailed again, very polite. "thanks for replying, still very interested, etc. But I'd like some info so I'm not walking in cold into a sales studio".

Same type reply, again. They said they would call me if I wanted.

But I don't want a call. I don't want to be on their marketing email list, or phone bank. (I used a spare email I only use for purposes like this). I'll wait until info leaks. It always does.

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to 1661 Tanglewood: 35-Story Condominium High-Rise At 1661 Tanglewood Blvd.
  • 4 months later...

Not to disappoint regarding an actual update, and not to mix history and current projects together, but I believe the home in the old photograph is still standing and will be demolished to build the skyscraper.

This is the company's headquarters, still today, at 1661 Tanglewood Road.

William Farrington standing outside of the Tanglewood Corporation building.

Saqq2T0.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to 1661 Tanglewood: Condominium High-Rise At 1661 Tanglewood Blvd.
  • 1 month later...